2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That 3-cone and 20 yd shuffle....

Oof, I'm going to need to see him improve those numbers before I'd consider drafting him in any round.  Like "can't change direction well" is a bad thing for any football position, let alone a receiver for which that is like 33% of his job.

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Oof, I'm going to need to see him improve those numbers before I'd consider drafting him in any round.  Like "can't change direction well" is a bad thing for any football position, let alone a receiver for which that is like 33% of his job.

But he's an all-time prospect.  

1 minute ago, MaximusGluteus said:
11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This guy sounds like an idiot

I don't know, I thought he sounded more awkward than anything.  That was a pretty small sample to derive anything from though.

Idiot as in he goes to the media and says that specific teams are "bashing" him... in the biggest interview weekend of his life. What is wrong with him?

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Idiot as in he goes to the media and says that specific teams are "bashing" him... in the biggest interview weekend of his life. What is wrong with him?

Oh I gotcha.  Maybe he meant bashing as being hard on him in the interview?  Or like someone mentioned earlier, maybe he just doesn't have a filter.

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Oh I gotcha.  Maybe he meant bashing as being hard on him in the interview?  Or like someone mentioned earlier, maybe he just doesn't have a filter.

He has character flags for maturity issues and this certainly doesn't help

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

He has character flags for maturity issues and this certainly doesn't help

Makes sense.  Some guys aren't mature at this stage in their lives.  He might be one of those guys.  Hopefully for him it doesn't mean his career will be short lived and unsuccessful.

41 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This guy sounds like an idiot

I think his comment came off a lot differently than what his intentions were. The Packers were trying to get under his skin and he didn't know how to handle it would have been a more effective way to put it. He's a young kid and mastery of the nuances of the English language aren't his strength yet and may never be. 

I don't even know if it was a "trying to get under his skin" thing.  It was probably just "talk about some plays or things where he didn't do well" just to get a guy to talk about his flaws and what he's doing to correct them.  Assuming "bashing" is Polite for "involves criticism" then neither the team's actions nor his comments were unreasonable or anything to be concerned about.

Like he obviously didn't seem bothered by it, if anything his candor shows he felt it was NBD.

9 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like if you don't know what went wrong with Rosen, you never scouted him.  Having the QB who most desperately needs a a clean pocket struggle when drafted by the team with the worst OL has gone entirely predictably.

It's not as though "you have to keep him clean" is the kiss of death (Carr in Oakland is the same way), but it is if you can't block.

Hell, Matt Ryan and Eli Manning need fresh jerseys to play.

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like he obviously didn't seem bothered by it, if anything his candor shows he felt it was NBD.

He obviously was bothered as evidenced by choosing to say he was being bashed. And for putting character in the “bad” category.  LoL

it was kind of funny seeing him feeling attacked by us while also seeing tweets about how much the Packers liked him.  

Archived