Randy Bullock Appreciation Week (signs extension)

theJ

57 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

He’s been solider than I expected 

People like to harp that he can't kick long field goals.  I'm not sure Marvin would attempt them if they had kept Jake Elliott.

He's been good.  And in a league with a lot of bad kickers, the Bengals are probably lucky to have him.

10 hours ago, theJ said:

People like to harp that he can't kick long field goals.  I'm not sure Marvin would attempt them if they had kept Jake Elliott.

He's been good.  And in a league with a lot of bad kickers, the Bengals are probably lucky to have him.

That is true, it goes again Marvin's ultra-conservative risk taking.  I'm still shocked we went for the score up 28-7 at the end of the 1st half against Baltimore.  I'm glad we did it, even if it bit us in the *** a bit.  I doubt it happens again any time soon, but I hope i'm wrong on this.

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm actually OK with having a kicker you don't trust past 50 yards.  Hopefully that means we'll go for it on 4th down instead and be aggressive.  If it means we punt the ball from the 37 yard line, I'll be mad...

They've been going for it (which goes against the perception that the Bengals like to punt from the 37).  Or at least they did in 2017.

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

@theJ This team is playing smart, and making half-time adjustments.  Which means we'll probably lose at least one of our coordinators in the offseason...

Oh for sure that's happening.  Both coordinators are doing a bang up job so far.  The smart money is on Austin to get that HC gig.

Archived