Jump to content
theJ

Randy Bullock Appreciation Week (signs extension)

Recommended Posts

After a week of missed big kicks, the bengals have officially made this randy bullock appreciation week. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

He’s been solider than I expected 

People like to harp that he can't kick long field goals.  I'm not sure Marvin would attempt them if they had kept Jake Elliott.

He's been good.  And in a league with a lot of bad kickers, the Bengals are probably lucky to have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, theJ said:

People like to harp that he can't kick long field goals.  I'm not sure Marvin would attempt them if they had kept Jake Elliott.

He's been good.  And in a league with a lot of bad kickers, the Bengals are probably lucky to have him.

That is true, it goes again Marvin's ultra-conservative risk taking.  I'm still shocked we went for the score up 28-7 at the end of the 1st half against Baltimore.  I'm glad we did it, even if it bit us in the *** a bit.  I doubt it happens again any time soon, but I hope i'm wrong on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually OK with having a kicker you don't trust past 50 yards.  Hopefully that means we'll go for it on 4th down instead and be aggressive.  If it means we punt the ball from the 37 yard line, I'll be mad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm actually OK with having a kicker you don't trust past 50 yards.  Hopefully that means we'll go for it on 4th down instead and be aggressive.  If it means we punt the ball from the 37 yard line, I'll be mad...

They've been going for it (which goes against the perception that the Bengals like to punt from the 37).  Or at least they did in 2017.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theJ This team is playing smart, and making half-time adjustments.  Which means we'll probably lose at least one of our coordinators in the offseason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

@theJ This team is playing smart, and making half-time adjustments.  Which means we'll probably lose at least one of our coordinators in the offseason...

Oh for sure that's happening.  Both coordinators are doing a bang up job so far.  The smart money is on Austin to get that HC gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theJ said:

Oh for sure that's happening.  Both coordinators are doing a bang up job so far.  The smart money is on Austin to get that HC gig.

Smart money is on Austin taking over for Marvin after 2019.  If Lazor leaves, there's Hue ready to slide right in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×