Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

Just now, warfelg said:

FWIW last year they passed 51% and Ran 49% and McCarthy has been talking about running the ball more to rest the defense, and part of the reason they let Moore go was because he didn't take that direction.

I’m aware(due to looking into Dallas offense heavily for fantasy football😂)…I just think it’s offseason BSing/coach speak by McCarthy.

He’s fighting for his job…he’ll wanna score pts to keep it.

I don’t think this is just talk TBH. The year the Cowboys defense played its best they were a 55/45 run pass team. 

Just FWIW on the Taylor thing - I don’t think it’s “regrettable” if we don’t do it. I just wouldn’t be against exploring it. I can’t really think of many players who fit the bill next year in trade and extend scenarios. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I don’t think this is just talk TBH. The year the Cowboys defense played its best they were a 55/45 run pass team. 

Just FWIW on the Taylor thing - I don’t think it’s “regrettable” if we don’t do it. I just wouldn’t be against exploring it. I can’t really think of many players who fit the bill next year in trade and extend scenarios. 

I would much rather go for Higgins or Aiyuk if we are going to take a swing like that.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

We’ll agree to disagree I guess.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would much rather go for Higgins or Aiyuk if we are going to take a swing like that.

Aiyuk would be my 2nd choice behind my man crush JJ if they went and paid $$$ to get another good WR in FA.

I think he’s borderline elite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AFF said:

Aiyuk would be my 2nd choice behind my man crush JJ if they went and paid $$$ to get another good WR in FA.

I think he’s borderline elite.

If JJ comes available you give up the farm, no doubt. I continue to seriously doubt that will ever happen. But…it would be less crazy than the Chiefs giving up Tyreek in the middle of a dynasty run. 

Also just doing some research on possible trade candidates before cuts:

Budda Baker - I know some like our safety group but I think he just puts it into another level.

Grover Stewart - A bit older and a rotational DT, but I think that group could use an experienced guy like him. 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Also just doing some research on possible trade candidates before cuts:

Budda Baker - I know some like our safety group but I think he just puts it into another level.

Grover Stewart - A bit older and a rotational DT, but I think that group could use an experienced guy like him. 

I do like our safeties, but not nearly enough for me to be upset if they traded for Baker. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I would have tossed a 7th to them earlier in the off-season. I'm pretty happy with how our ILB room shook out, though. Kwon is a known quantity. Simmons is a guess. Probably a considerably higher ceiling, but also a much lower floor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I would have tossed a 7th to them earlier in the off-season. I'm pretty happy with how our ILB room shook out, though. Kwon is a known quantity. Simmons is a guess. Probably a considerably higher ceiling, but also a much lower floor. 

Yeah, I was interested in Simmons until I watched more of him.    Not nearly as good in coverage as you'd expect him to be.  Athletic, but doesn't know how to use it.   Still has a little upside, but not much. 

He is the 2nd coming of Taylor Mays.

I imagine he would be about what Mark Barron was for us, so yeah...pass.

32 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yeah, I was interested in Simmons until I watched more of him.    Not nearly as good in coverage as you'd expect him to be.  Athletic, but doesn't know how to use it.   Still has a little upside, but not much. 

I saw someone say he needs to be down Jamal Adams tape and just be a box safety. 

Also Arizona has done so bad with all these tweener players. Reddick is another one. As is Marcus Golden. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 43M said:

Simmons is the definition of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. He doesn’t like to hit and he loafs around a lot. This dude could have been the next Shazier and legit told the coaches he would rather play DB.