Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

On 10/9/2023 at 4:14 PM, warfelg said:

Hill I'll die on, Brock isn't playing elite, he just literally has the best RB1, two WR1's that are top 20, top 3 TE, best OL.  Swap Kenny and Brock and Brock would be getting the hate and Kenny would be getting the praise.

🤔🤔

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

🤔🤔

You forgot "semi competent offensive playcaller" as well.

I dont think anyone can disagree that Purdy wouldn't be nearly as good here in this situation and Kenny would be better there than he is here...but I do think Purdy is more decisive and sees the field better.   But who knows....maybe Kennt would too with all the luxuries Purdy has.

Either way...the toughest pill to swallow is that Kenny was the 20th overall pick and Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant.

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I have contended that their skills are roughly the same.  Arms strength, accuracy.  The talent around them and the level of plays and play calling are huge.

Which in of itself is a huge problem in terms of draft capital.

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will say that when the game is on the line, only KP has had the skills to bring a team back.  Purdy has not shown that.

That’s true.

They need to go all in on OL and skill players this upcoming offseason.

I know the defense needs a lot of work…but they need to figure out if he’s their guy or not at the end of next season….it’s why I pound the drum on cutting ties with Heyward(even though I admit you’re probably right in that’s he coming back) to free up cap space.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Stat of the weird:

Andy Reid has coached 156 WRs in 24 years. Only 5 of them have recorded 1,000 yard seasons. Terrell Owens and Tyreek Hill are 2 of them, and have had more yards with other teams than their best under Reid. 

West Coast offense?