Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Who - NFL and NFLPA

What - Lowering practice times leads to an inferior product

Oh. That’s a tube of toothpaste that’s out. It’s likely isn’t changing. I’m waiting for the first team that puts in bonuses for non-team activities. 

On 12/6/2023 at 8:14 AM, 3rivers said:

it's no different than Dan O not having Montana on his top 5 QB's all time. They are paid to entertain,  and get clicks etc.

Ive been on vacation in Hawaii this past week so hadn't been paying so close attention, but I did see rumblings about it. I don't know the entire context of it but I was intrigued to hear/see it. I think it was somewhat in reference to health to a degree ? I have Hurts as my fantasy QB and realize that his play and numbers are definitely disguised by the brotherly shove rushing numbers. If you take those rushing TDs away specifically from that play what do you have ? I wonder because I have to decide whether I keep him next year as we keep just 3 players and the cost to keep a player is a round higher each year than the round he was drafted.. I grabbed him in the second. On one hand he is mostly the reason Im #1 in my league and a big reason I either win my league or at least get to the championship game. On the other hand I also traded for Ettiene who was a 2nd rounder, or do I look for more value with some of my later round gems, TBD. It is interesting/ a bit surprising  to see all the turnovers to see that Hurts has. it is kind of Jameis Winston like as I was just looking at stat leaders and saw Hurts was either first or second in the league in fumbles lost combined with all the INTs he has. 

In regards to David Carr specifically, he has always had extremely questionable credibility with bias in regards to his brother and specifically his views & critiques of Ben Roethlisberger.  So I judge him from that light first and foremost when I hear him say anything. Maybe there is something to the clicks and being relevant idea due to controversial takes, otherwise he's extremely replaceable as a commentator. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

cle gonna change up there stadium a bit later this decade too. Titans and Bills getting new ones around the corner. I think Chi, DC and Car getting new ones too. Heinz field gonna be a bottom 5 NFL stadium soon. I bet the rooneys are aware of this

Edited by August4th

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

cle gonna change up there stadium a bit later this decade too. Titans and Bills getting new ones around the corner. I think Chi, DC and Car getting new ones too. Heinz field gonna be a bottom 5 NFL stadium soon. I bet the rooneys are aware of this

Interesting points on them:

Baltimore's stadium had the upgrades put in an account by the state to be paid for when they were there for 20 years.  Camden Yards is getting massive upgrades too.

Cleveland's stadium has some similar clauses in its contract.

I believe Titans and Bills are going to be more owner funded than anything else.

DC is going to be awesome, living here I've heard some rumors and it's going to be a great thing to watch.

Chicago - they got screwed over in a contract like we got with Allegheny County, they just have a chance now to set it right.

Carolina - They have such a unique ability to pit NC and SC against each other with where Charlotte is positioned.

But I'm with you.  Acusure is gonna be bottom 5 soon, its already bottom 10-ish IMO because it has to share duty as a CFB stadium.