Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

Ravens looking impressive lately, it be a shame if they choke in the postseason again lol

I still think he is an incredibly whiney person, but I continue to be impressed (and a bit jealous) of Harbaugh. Went from about to get fired to completely buying into a talented player with a unique style, diving deeper into analytics, and flipping both his coordinators despite successes. 

Dude became willing to do whatever was necessary and has mostly been rewarded for it. It’s a big reason why I would like to out Tomlins feet on the fire. Evolve or die. Who knows if Harbaugh was still rolling Joe Flacco out there and punting if he wasn't feeling the heat? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, August4th said:

Ravens looking impressive lately, it be a shame if they choke in the postseason again lol

it might not be 'choke' as much as matchup with familiar foe in the Browns that will be the challenge.  Choke could still happen, but while it might seem like they won the regular season SB vs SF, memory serves and the Browns shut them down in the second half. 

Defence might still win in this  AFC North , all while a traded up to be the  2nd overall pick, now a  QB2 for the steelers is near  QB3 /PS role now - yet signed thru next year as well xD

Kind of what i expected from Tomlin in the press conference. It doesn't benefit us in any way to declare Mason or Kenny the starter this week.  

I get the impression Mike realizes Mason did what he needs but that he also has a waiting for the other shoe to drop mentality when it comes to his play. Will he pull back to reality? 

Declaring anything other than Kenny's injury being a factor would cause too much of an unnecessary stir when you arent certain in any way that what you saw this past week is what you could continue to expect. Often he would say here that "we'll leave the light on for him". I have no problem with it in like I said it doesnt benefit us in any way to tell Seattle who the starter is. It only helps Seattle.

I totally expect Mason to start and think he should. Kenny is Tomlin's guy though (with some underlying questions) unless Mason continues to show that he can take it away and excel in this offense. Is my take.

Edited by JustPlainNasty

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I do like the offense, mostly because they employ and not abandon the run which is the issue with most of todays offensive schemes, especially when marrying up a potential type scheme/coordinator for this organization.  It also could be very telling about the limitations of his chosen qbs. 

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Kenny is Tomlin's guy though (with some underlying questions)

Genuinely curious how much this will factor into the decision making about playing at the end of the year if Kenny isn't 100% able to play. I have little doubt Tomlin had a full sign off on the QB they drafted post Ben. If Kenny really is Tomlin's guy, he has nothing to worry about going into year 3 with a new OC. 

Personally, I would like to see Kenny now. I'm not letting TJ Watt get another year older hoping for the best of a situation that doesn't look that great for the position. He would need to show me something worth hanging onto. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Only team since 2017 without a win like that though. 

Sure but a lot of those teams have 1. It’s not like he is miles different than the rest of the league here, which is what Sando’s original quote shows. 

This stats at face value looks awful for Shanahan, until you pan out. 

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Sure but a lot of those teams have 1. It’s not like he is miles different than the rest of the league here, which is what Sando’s original quote shows. 

This stats at face value looks awful for Shanahan, until you pan out. 

I don’t think it’s awful for him, rather that he hasn’t had a QB that can win games playing straight drop back. He replied to a comment on one of the quoted tweets of how it could be a fluke but teams manage to win one. 

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Genuinely curious how much this will factor into the decision making about playing at the end of the year if Kenny isn't 100% able to play. I have little doubt Tomlin had a full sign off on the QB they drafted post Ben. If Kenny really is Tomlin's guy, he has nothing to worry about going into year 3 with a new OC. 

Personally, I would like to see Kenny now. I'm not letting TJ Watt get another year older hoping for the best of a situation that doesn't look that great for the position. He would need to show me something worth hanging onto. 

Such a weird spot for the entire team to be in, especially if Kenny can’t go this week and Mason leads another big win. Not saying it will end the same way but it feels the same to me as when Foles came in for Wentz, and the team did well and they liked him. 

I think the big tell could be week 18 if we are mathematically eliminated and Kenny is healthy. If he’s Tomlins guy, you bench him and let Mason put more good tape out there potentially. If he’s not Tomlins  guy, you need to play Kenny to get potentially more of a look at him. 

• Like 1