Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

It’s interesting. If you watch the all-22 on the Grady Jarrett sack, they put the sack on Jones. But rewatch the play - and you’ll see Daniels engaged with Jarrett, and Jones had his head turned to watch for an edge rusher. Frazier was engaged and losing a little ground to the other DT, and Daniels released Jarrett (assuming) seeing Jones not engaged with a rusher. So Daniels engages the DT Frazier had and Jones doesn’t see til it’s too late.

I feel confident in saying in house that Daniels shouldered the blame for that. But I know, because the guy regularly engages on Twitter, that they see that and say that it was a clean pass off, Daniels engaged another guy, Jones didn’t touch him, so it’s on Jones. 

I’ve only seen it live, but that sack was 100% on Daniels. He just stopped blocking him.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I’ve only seen it live, but that sack was 100% on Daniels. He just stopped blocking him.

For sure. And I wish PFF had play by play information to know for sure how they graded that. I can tell you they credited Jones with 2 sacks, Daniels with 1. Credited Spencer Anderson with 2 hits allowed. Frazier and Moore were both at 0 pressures allowed.

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Basically the same roster they had last year but subbing Fuaga for Ramczyk... what Kubiak is doing is extremely impressive to me. He will be a HC next year. 

IMO Olave is more complete than Pickens; Shaheed is better than anything we have; their OL is a touch better with Penning at RT and Fuaga at LT (that's a major upgrade to not have Penning at LT), and their RB's have been better than ours thus far. Then, and this isn't saying much, but their QB situation is FAR better than ours.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

IMO Olave is more complete than Pickens; Shaheed is better than anything we have; their OL is a touch better with Penning at RT and Fuaga at LT (that's a major upgrade to not have Penning at LT), and their RB's have been better than ours thus far. Then, and this isn't saying much, but their QB situation is FAR better than ours.

I’m not comparing their roster to ours I’m comparing it to what they had last year. 

And Penning has been complete dog crap. Everyone was ready to throw Carr in the trash after last season, I saw so many “at what point does Spencer Rattler start for the Saints this year” during the preseason. Kamara’s rushing efficiency was by far a career worst last year. I’ve always been a huge fan of Shaheed but Kubiak has made him look like Stefon Diggs through 2 weeks. 

My point is, the offense is not without talent. But no one expected to Saints to be this much of a juggernaut on offense this season. He’s completely revitalized their offense by maximizing personnel and adding tons of play-action and actual useful pre-snap motion.

Again, what he’s doing is extremely impressive and idk how you could argue otherwise. Unless they just fall off a cliff the ROS I would bet a lot of money Kubiak will be a HC in 2025. 

• Like 1

Also FWIW, Brandon Thorman had the Saints O-Line ranked 28th and the Steelers 15th heading into week 2 (sourced from a fantasy football website I pay for). He also had the Cowboys D-Line (2nd) over the Saints O-Line (28th) as the 2nd biggest mismatch of week 2. 

Edited by bigben07MVP