The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Yep, Coop had 3 guys beat and just gave up. Even worse he didnt put in any effort to make a tackle after that.

I am not saying it is ok because Cooper is a well paid professional and should never quit on a play but how many times has that situation, or similar, and he is ignored?  Eventually he/everyone gets frustrated.  He just reacted to his frustration in an improper way.  Sometimes I wish Cooper was the type of person to go off on someone so you know he cares about it and some dialogue can begin.  Some story about what is really happening will come out when he signs with another team.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It was more of a joke about all the overreactions.  There is even a part in the post where I say I do not think we should.  All of our players have issues except....Oh yeah we just got rid of him.  Because Carr plays QB he is worth keeping but if he played any other position and was paid top five money at his position most of us would want him cut, traded, or restructured.  If Cooper was paid top 5 money I would say the same about him.  I do not believe we have a single player who is top five at their position this season.  I know Carr is going to have growing pains in Gruden's system and I am giving him a pass because of it.  I have read all the stories about Gannon and how he started but right now Carr has the 19th highest rating, the leagues worst td-int ratio, and a QBR of 42.5 (Josh Allen 43.4).  We have 3 points in the fourth and our redzone offence is garbage.  This is going to be a long year but if Carr can not start correcting some of his issues this year and put it together next year I want him gone for real.  Right now I am just going to start training and playing more golf on Sundays.

How's your boy Fitztrash look tonight?  Back to reality and the Fitztrash the world has seen for the last 12 years lol.  I wonder what piece of trash the media will some corny nickname too and pump up this week? Sill want to cut Carr and trade for Fitzgarbage? 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:29 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I thought he was going to quickly move into Antonio Brown, Beckham but now I'm not so sure...

Your not sure now? I’ll help you..he’s not ever going to be in that category. 

If Amari wants big money, he can kick rocks..let some other dumb team give him big money. 

Give me a John Brown and Robert Woods type receiver for the same price as Cooper and we’re better off. 

2 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Your not sure now? I’ll help you..he’s not ever going to be in that category. 

If Amari wants big money, he can kick rocks..let some other dumb team give him big money. 

Give me a John Brown and Robert Woods type receiver for the same price as Cooper and we’re better off. 

Sorry if that came off edgy...I just hate how long the raiders have been bad at drafting..all my life.. 

side note: am I the only one who is noticing solid play from the DL McDonald? Never heard of him. But he looks solid 

I don't think we utilize him correctly. If he was on a team with a stronger passing attack then he would put up huge numbers. We don't run complex routes on this team or any deep routes anymore. It's all quick 2 second throws with not much time to get separation from coverage. In our system you've got to be able to catch balls in traffic. 

I agree with the OP, he just doesn't have that killer instinct to be great. He's kinda soft mentally. I really like Cooper... but when you combine our lack of gameplanning to get him involved with the lack of fire in his game, you are going to be disappointed quite a bit.  Not to mention Carr has just not been good for a year and a half... so how good can Cooper really be with his supporting cast?

He goes into the tank mentally when he's not involved early. He  the type of guy you have to get into the flow of the game or he will lose confidence. I mean i get it to some degree, he has had so many games where he has been flat out ignored or used as a decoy. It's hard to give 100% effort if you know you're not going to get the ball. He probably mentally checks out of the game but thats not the type of mentality you want from your #1 WR.

He has to be better but im pretty confident this will be his best season if he stays healthy. We are a bad team and will be throwing alot

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How's your boy Fitztrash look tonight?  Back to reality and the Fitztrash the world has seen for the last 12 years lol.  I wonder what piece of trash the media will some corny nickname too and pump up this week? Sill want to cut Carr and trade for Fitzgarbage? 

You mean the QB that played horrible, did not blink, and almost brought his team back.  Oh yeah and is also the #1 or 2 QB in the league statistically so far and whose team is 2-1 after beating the Saints, Eagles, and almost the Steelers.  Will he keep it up?  Probably not but I do think with the way he has played this year our record would be different with "Fitztrash" as our starting QB.  I would have also rather traded a 5th for Fitztrash rather than McCarron.

We’ve had a scapegoat that has truly earned blame for the loss every week. Week One it was Carr. Week Two, Irvin and Smith. Week Three was Coop. Giving up on a route that could have been a td or a big pi penalty, two drops that could have kept drives going late in the game. Granted, other factors were involved in all three games, but these three players dropped the ball (pun intended) when it mattered most. Need to tighten some things up and we’ll be okay.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

He goes into the tank mentally when he's not involved early. He  the type of guy you have to get into the flow of the game or he will lose confidence. I mean i get it to some degree, he has had so many games where he has been flat out ignored or used as a decoy. It's hard to give 100% effort if you know you're not going to get the ball. He probably mentally checks out of the game but thats not the type of mentality you want from your #1 WR.

He has to be better but im pretty confident this will be his best season if he stays healthy. We are a bad team and will be throwing alot

Agreed but most the big wrs not names Fitzgerald have that tendency to check out if they aren't seeing targets. 

Cooper needs more targets plain and simple. He is the one guy we have year in and year out that can turn any catch into a td. 

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I figured Coop would struggle against Xavien Howard. When you take a WR at 4 you expect more but I still would like keep at the right price 

This is true.  My biggest concern/complaint with the Raiders since I have followed football is that they never seem to get value or are efficient.  The only time they were an efficient team is when Gannon was the QB and I think that is why many are excited about having Gruden back and why many are frustrated with this season so far.  The team is showing flashes in the first halves and then completely crashing in the second.  A few big moments in all three games have changed the outcomes (maybe not the Rams game game but who knows).  We lack a finisher and the mistakes are inexcusable.  I believe we will turn it around but it is going to take a few more weeks before we see a complete game from a complete team.

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You mean the QB that played horrible, did not blink, and almost brought his team back.  Oh yeah and is also the #1 or 2 QB in the league statistically so far and whose team is 2-1 after beating the Saints, Eagles, and almost the Steelers.  Will he keep it up?  Probably not but I do think with the way he has played this year our record would be different with "Fitztrash" as our starting QB.  I would have also rather traded a 5th for Fitztrash rather than McCarron.

No I mean the 35 year old, career journeyman, castoff, backup QB who is riding a hot streak.  It is still insane to even fathom trading or cutting a 27 year old top 15 QB who is learning another system, under another head coach for the 4th time in his career.  

Let me guess you'd be a GM who would trade a first for Nick "trash" Foles after he got hot and won the Super Bowl last year and think he will be your franchise QB.  You should change your name to the 2018 version of Al Davis.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No I mean the 35 year old, career journeyman, castoff, backup QB who is riding a hot streak.  It is still insane to even fathom trading or cutting a 27 year old top 15 QB who is learning another system, under another head coach for the 4th time in his career.  

Let me guess you'd be a GM who would trade a first for Nick "trash" Foles after he got hot and won the Super Bowl last year and think he will be your franchise QB.  You should change your name to the 2018 version of Al Davis.  

I never said I wanted to cut Carr.  I said that if he does not correct some of his problems by the end of next year I would consider it.  Go back and reread what I have said.  No I would not have traded for Foles for a first at any point.  I would give up a first for a QB I thought would be my starter.  Therefore to get a first they would have to beat out Carr which I do not believe Foles can.  I would have given up a 5th for him to be my back up though.  Would you or would you not take Fitzpatrick's play over Carr's so far this year?

Archived