Roster Bubble Players - Who you rooting for?

Deadpulse

End of Roster Players  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your guy through pre-season?

• Jacob Hollister - TE
    • Austin Carr - WR
    • Adam Butler - DT
    • Harvey Langi - LB
    • Devin Lucien - WR

Thought it would be fun to fight for our end of the roster binkies and discuss why my guy should make it over your guy. 

Ive been riding the Jacob Hollister train since we signed him as a UDFA. Typically BB keeps one UDFA and he might be it! No, I have never heard of Zach Sudfeld before. He work at home depot or something?

Anyways, who do you guys got??

For some reason I haven't followed the off-season all that much this year, so I hardly have any idea how these guys played in TC. But everyone needs a bubble player to root for, so I'm going with a LB by default (like last year with Roberts), Langi. The team could use a jack-of-all-trades player like him on the LB depth chart imo.

Right now I'd say that Langi is the leading UDFA as he seems to be getting lot of opportunities with the absences of Hightower and McClellin. He also has his flexibility going for him too.

Jacob is a guy I'd like to see making the team, showed a lot of toughness on the first preseason game. I just don't know if he can block, and if not, that could be, ultimately, his downfall.

The WRs I just can't see any of them making this team, barring some injuries. The WR corp just seems too deep. 

As for Adam Butler I haven't see much of him to be honest. I've heard that he was doing well on one on ones, and that is it. On the other hand, DT is a position where I think we can sneak a bubble player in.

24 minutes ago, atmer said:

Jacob is a guy I'd like to see making the team, showed a lot of toughness on the first preseason game. I just don't know if he can block, and if not, that could be, ultimately, his downfall.

I agree with this. HOWEVER, my dreamiest of dreams has concocted a solution to this. The Patriots drafted two tackles in the draft in Garcia and McDermott. I like both of them. What if they keep both and Fleming and use them to block at TE, allowing them to keep Hollister around despite his deficiency? Then I remembered how 3rd string TE usually need to play ST and block on kicks :$

27 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Langi. This is such a tough roster to make, I'm not sure more than one of the above makes it.

That's going to be the fun of it IMO, we are all going to be arguing for our guy and against everyone elses haha

Archived