WEEK 4 GDT - Steelers vs. Ravens SNF

skywlker32

14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I wonder if the Steelers watched what Detroit did to NE and thought they need more speed at LB.  The Steelers have a better Dline than NE but the ILB would get killed trying to cover those sweeps and flairs...just like NE

might be a start here

2 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

giphy.gif

While I will try and temper my expectations (he is an UDFA Rookie afterall), I expect him to make an immediate impact. Hopefully, the Rookie mistakes are minimal and the Coaches put him in situations where he can succeed. I haven't been this excited about a player in a while. 

I'd love to see Bostic and Thomas playing together. Honestly, I wouldn't mind to replace Dupree with Thomas. Thomas - Bostic - Watt - Vince would be pretty solid on 3rd downs. Obviously Williams wouldn't be ideal but I like him as an interior pass rusher and he's helpful in stopping the run. 

I'll admit I have been wrong about Bud. I thought he'd put it together. I'm still holding out hope, but I'm not overly hopeful.

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

can't wait to see what Thomas and Adeniyi(when he comes off IR) can do with our defense around November.

I agree with this. I think our team should gel pretty well by November. I know the defense looks bad now, but I do think we have the pieces to win the whole thing. The offense is going to be nails soon too, especially if we can get a TE to play consistently.  

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd love to see Bostic and Thomas playing together. Honestly, I wouldn't mind to replace Dupree with Thomas. Thomas - Bostic - Watt - Vince would be pretty solid on 3rd downs. Obviously Williams wouldn't be ideal but I like him as an interior pass rusher and he's helpful in stopping the run. 

I'll admit I have been wrong about Bud. I thought he'd put it together. I'm still holding out hope, but I'm not overly hopeful.

Where would Thomas play? I thought he was ILB, and Bostic has been solid and VW got a new deal, so no place for Thomas other than Nickel or Dime.  I thought we had Chickillo or Kieon Adams for OLB to replace dupree .  Adeyini won't be back for probably another month, then no more dupree

Thomas could run with any tight end if they wanted him to.

They gotta do something to slow those seam routes against their zones. The entire league is having problems playing zones because you can't Tee off like you used to. I don't like the getting safeties/nickel linebackers to do this...alone. You run into the jacksonville problem...literally. They gotta hold and/or bump those te's hard at the line. Dline have to collapse the pocket. What is Hilton's status? We won't do this though...out of stubbornness, sadly Imo. Thomas and that safety are at least a step in the right direction. VWill shouldn't cover anything on 3rd downs, switch him with dupree if they don't let us sub. Goodness. what a joke.

45 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

They gotta do something to slow those seam routes against their zones. The entire league is having problems playing zones because you can't Tee off like you used to. I don't like the getting safeties/nickel linebackers to do this...alone. You run into the jacksonville problem...literally. They gotta hold and/or bump those te's hard at the line. Dline have to collapse the pocket. What is Hilton's status? We won't do this though...out of stubbornness, sadly Imo. Thomas and that safety are at least a step in the right direction. VWill shouldn't cover anything on 3rd downs, switch him with dupree if they don't let us sub. Goodness. what a joke.

Dupree is just as bad kn coverage, he is like a deer in headlights.

5 hours ago, August4th said:

can't wait to see what Thomas and Adeniyi(when he comes off IR) can do with our defense around November.

Adeyini will replace dupree but Thomas would have to replace VW IMO since Bostic has played good enough to earn the other ILB spot. Maybe Thomas will be a Nickel or Dime LB but ideally he should be out there 3 downs with his range and speed.  As long as Thomas doesn't say this D will be a top D (like VW said), he might have a chance  but this team doesn't need any delusional or hype players . 

27 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Dupree is much better in coverage than rushing.  Which is why many think he could play ILB.  Perhaps not the smarts to do it.

He is more like player without a position on this team, similar to willie colon years back and just like that scenario, dupree's only way off the field will be injury until Adeyini gets his fair chance which he should.  I can't decide which player is more of a bust and won't get better, dupree or burns -both RD 1 bad picks that the D needed to be good or better and it is hurting the D.

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Dupree is just as bad kn coverage, he is like a deer in headlights.

Yes he is. But what do you do in those cases where they have slot burner and/or a couple of freaks at tightends that you have to play pattycake with after 5 yards? I know what I'd do, and if it didn't work I get rid of those turds. The NFL has been giving offenses something akin to the NBA's layup/alley-upe for awhile now. Steelers Defense needs to adjust already. Trying but...we got problems.

Archived