I really hope we draft QB Drew Lock/Missouri!

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

About 30% of the qbs drafted since 2010 became starters. Some of those drafted in the 1st were reaches to grab a guy just because he wasnt going to be around at a teams pick later. And it forced their hand to grab them early, or make a deal just so they could get a guy.

Talents like Gabbert and Turbiski had little playing time in college. But teams thought worth the risk to grab them just to see if they could sit, learn and pan out.

Redskins dont need to reach up in the first round and pluck a 3rd round talent just to see if one day he pans out learning behind Alex. Other guys are there to try such with because we have time. We dont need to be desperate and reach for a guy when we have other holes to fill. Give me the 90% chance of a long term guard over the 10% chance of reaching for a qb.

Ill take the 5% chance of Stanley from Iowa ever starting out the 3rd, with BPA in the first bringing a 90% chance. Over the 10% chance Lock does out the first, and the 25% chance random other player out the 3rd pans out.

We just arnt in position of needing to reach, and hoping for the best out of it. Were in position to build a strong team, while taking the time to try in develop guys at qb.

BPA bro all the way except for OT & RB

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Gonna have to disagree with the exception of the tackle, but whateves

You’d take a RB in round 1? I don’t think that’s an early round need. Even if they’re worried about Guice being good to go to start the season, they can re-sign AD as insurance in March.

Just now, turtle28 said:

You’d take a RB in round 1? I don’t think that’s an early round need. Even if they’re worried about Guice being good to go to start the season, they can re-sign AD as insurance in March.

1. I said I disagree with the exception of the tackle, i.e. if a tackle was BPA, I would take the tackle.
  2. If the RB is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of talent, yes. Remember, my definition of BPA is the product of talent x team need x positional value. So, said RB would have to be the next coming of Barry Sanders (since the team need and positional values are low). But if it is the next coming of Barry Sanders, then absolutely.
  3. Even if I couldn't make myself take this guy (because I thought "well ... he might be the next Barry Sanders, but he could also blow out his knee in training camp" or somesuch), I would at least investigate a trade. Even if I didn't get complete value, I should have gotten something for him and I can get a better WozBPA product in a few picks.

10 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. I said I disagree with the exception of the tackle, i.e. if a tackle was BPA, I would take the tackle.
  2. If the RB is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of talent, yes. Remember, my definition of BPA is the product of talent x team need x positional value. So, said RB would have to be the next coming of Barry Sanders (since the team need and positional values are low). But if it is the next coming of Barry Sanders, then absolutely.
  3. Even if I couldn't make myself take this guy (because I thought "well ... he might be the next Barry Sanders, but he could also blow out his knee in training camp" or somesuch), I would at least investigate a trade. Even if I didn't get complete value, I should have gotten something for him and I can get a better WozBPA product in a few picks.

Have you watched Marquise Brown from OU? He looks and plays like Tyreke Hill 2.0. I’m becoming more and more interested in him even if Doctson starts playing better because like Hill, Brown is a 4.3 or better guy and can return kicks and be moved around from outside to the slot and everywhere. You should check him out, he’s only 5’11, 165 but projects to be a special playmaker.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Have you watched Marquise Brown from OU? He looks and plays like Tyreke Hill 2.0. I’m becoming more and more interested in him even if Doctson starts playing better because like Hill, Brown is a 4.3 or better guy and can return kicks and be moved around from outside to the slot and everywhere. You should check him out, he’s only 5’11, 165 but projects to be a special playmaker.

Just so I'm clued in: how did we get from talking about the Redskins potentially taking a RB in the first round (provided he's the next coming of Barry Sanders) to talking about a wide receiver in a single post? I feel like we just had a conversation shift and missed engaging the clutch.

16 hours ago, Woz said:

Just so I'm clued in: how did we get from talking about the Redskins potentially taking a RB in the first round (provided he's the next coming of Barry Sanders) to talking about a wide receiver in a single post? I feel like we just had a conversation shift and missed engaging the clutch.

Damn, didn’t know I couldn’t ask a question boss. I agree with what you were saying about the other stuff.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, turtle28 said:

Damn, didn’t know I couldn’t ask a question boss. I agree with what you were saying about the other stuff.

I have nothing about asking questions, but it was just strange/confusing that in a thread about a potential QB pick where you and I were discussing the possibility of a RB/OT in the first that you suddenly switched to discussing a WR prospect you liked.

The conversational whiplash was bad on my end.

23 hours ago, redskins4life said:

We are not going to win that many games this year with our current team. Grab Justin Herbert in the first if he comes out this year!

3-2, hello! If we go 5-6 or 6-5 the rest of the way we’ll be 8-8 or 9-7. I don’t see any way we’re going to take a QB high if that happens. Most likely we’ll take a LB, CB or WR in round 1.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2018 at 2:36 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I realize we probably won't draft a QB in the the 1st round, if at all in the 2019 draft.

However, I have a strong feeling he's gonna be a good one.

He's got good size at 6'4" 225+.

I know we are on the Alex train for next few years & I'm 100% on board with that.

I also don't want to trade up & trade away resources to draft another QB, like we did RG3.

I also understand we have other huge needs like OG, WR & others that will need a 1st RD investment most likely to improve this team.

But the Chiefs did this with Mahomes & now look at them. They didn't need a QB when they drafted him.

If Lock is on the board when we pick next season, we need to run to the podium & select him.

Missouri plays Alabama in a couple weeks. I'm NOT missing that game.

...and i don't watch College football anymore, hardly.

What are your impressions of Drew Lock? QB from Missouri.

Eastern+Michigan+v+Missouri+aKyUGFwKS8bx

You might be getting your wish.  

Archived