I really hope we draft QB Drew Lock/Missouri!

aceinthehouse

I realize we probably won't draft a QB in the the 1st round, if at all in the 2019 draft.

However, I have a strong feeling he's gonna be a good one.

He's got good size at 6'4" 225+.

I know we are on the Alex train for next few years & I'm 100% on board with that.

I also don't want to trade up & trade away resources to draft another QB, like we did RG3.

I also understand we have other huge needs like OG, WR & others that will need a 1st RD investment most likely to improve this team.

But the Chiefs did this with Mahomes & now look at them. They didn't need a QB when they drafted him.

If Lock is on the board when we pick next season, we need to run to the podium & select him.

Missouri plays Alabama in a couple weeks. I'm NOT missing that game.

...and i don't watch College football anymore, hardly.

What are your impressions of Drew Lock? QB from Missouri.

Eastern+Michigan+v+Missouri+aKyUGFwKS8bx

40 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I realize we probably won't draft a QB in the the 1st round, if at all in the 2019 draft.

However, I have a strong feeling he's gonna be a good one.

He's got good size at 6'4" 225+.

I know we are on the Alex train for next few years & I'm 100% on board with that.

I also don't want to trade up & trade away resources to draft another QB, like we did RG3.

I also understand we have other huge needs like OG, WR & others that will need a 1st RD investment most likely to improve this team.

But the Chiefs did this with Mahomes & now look at them. They didn't need a QB when they drafted him.

If Lock is on the board when we pick next season, we need to run to the podium & select him.

Missouri plays Alabama in a couple weeks. I'm NOT missing that game.

...and i don't watch College football anymore, hardly.

What are your impressions of Drew Lock? QB from Missouri.

Eastern+Michigan+v+Missouri+aKyUGFwKS8bx

Nope. We don't need him. We have Smith. He's gonna get us that 11-5 record remember?

I’ve been saying this since last season. He’s my favorite QB in the draft and if he’s there I’d pick him. The problem then turns into how much money we have wrapped up in one position where out of two highly paid players one is not going to play. 

Right now I’m week to week with Smith. He’s a very boring QB but as long as Peterson is running all over everybody then he’ll be fine. We saw what happens when the team gets behind and can’t run. Lock would’ve been ideal and all we would’ve had to do to draft him was play Colt McCoy. Imagine the cap space we could’ve saved...sigh. 

I dont see him as a starting pro. 47% passing against Georgia last week. 4 different times he was in the 40% range last year.

His stats look great playing creampuffs. 11 tds this year, all in the first 3 games though. Then Georgia and he had 0 with an INT.

Pretty much the same player he was last year. Last year 84% passing on UConn, 70% on Idaho. And follows it going 13 of 28 (43%) against Tenn and 10 of 25 (40%) against Vandy.

Id take him in the 4th if there. But no sooner. Hes a project, needs a lot of work in becoming consistent. Maybe he could develop by sitting a couple years behind Alex. But Im not willing to risk BPA on the draft board to take that risk early.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont see him as a starting pro. 47% passing against Georgia last week. 4 different times he was in the 40% range last year.

His stats look great playing creampuffs. 11 tds this year, all in the first 3 games though. Then Georgia and he had 0 with an INT.

Pretty much the same player he was last year. Last year 84% passing on UConn, 70% on Idaho. And follows it going 13 of 28 (43%) against Tenn and 10 of 25 (40%) against Vandy.

Id take him in the 4th if there. But no sooner. Hes a project, needs a lot of work in becoming consistent. Maybe he could develop by sitting a couple years behind Alex. But Im not willing to risk BPA on the draft board to take that risk early.

There is no way Lock will be available in the fourth round. He’s most likely not going to be available in the second half of the first round. And claiming he’s not any good because he doesn’t torch a top 10 college defense doesn’t really make sense

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There is no way Lock will be available in the fourth round. He’s most likely not going to be available in the second half of the first round. And claiming he’s not any good because he doesn’t torch a top 10 college defense doesn’t really make sense

And where exactly did I claim he wasnt any good? Im not seeing it. I said hes not consistent from game to game.

And Vandy/Tennessee had top 10 defenses? Closer to the bottom 10 than the top 10. Guess Purdue had a top 10 defense when he was 12 of 28.

I know Lock wont be around in the 4th.  Someone will take the risk on a major project like he is, hoping he will pan out. But that someone shouldnt be the Skins.

I think Grier if he’s there in the second you run to the podium!! Problem is with the QB game we’re married to smith atleast one more year of starting and can thing of transition the next because the benefit to the QB window is get the young guy on a talented team while there cheap and try and make that run.

That said we need more talent for a younger guy to come in and succeed. I like Lock but I think Grier is just as good and a better value. I’m okay with picking the QB but realistically they need to play after a year and we will still have Smith eating up the cap. I think Smith is here to get these young guys a winning mindset. Once the team has that we will replace him with the younger talent and hope to make that run!! But for right now it’s fun to watch AP who should have been our selection anyways run with a QB like Smith who I see getting on guys and pushing guys. 

I like our direction but I think Grier is just as good as Lock but I’m not completely against the idea. But I think in this draft you have to do one of two things!! You either get that last Front 7 piece that because a Wagner type of ILB or you take Wilkins and have the best DL in Football. Those are the same point to hammer out the best young front 7 in the game or you absolutely have to find a true number 1 WR

19 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Hilarious 

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I love this post, especially when he brings up the Chiefs trading for Mahomes to replace their old QB who couldn’t get it done.

They didn't draft Mahomes because Smith couldn't get it done.

They drafted him because of his talent & probably Smiths age & contract.

Unlike our Skins who waited till it was too late to trade Cousins & not planning ahead?

The Chiefs got a player they wanted & didn't let it detour them because they already had a starter.

I'm hoping we do the same if there is a QB they want in the 1st whether its Drew Lock or another QB.

As far as me happy with Alex Smith? 100% absolutely.

We'd be 1-2 right now with Cousins at best.

Loss @ Arizona

Win vs Indianapolis

Loss vs Green bay

I'm just glad were winning now & want to keep it that way for the future.

Archived