Fanspeak mocks

NudeTayne

I just completed probably my best one ever.  I wanted to make sure I got Baker some weapons so that he can succeed. 

12: R1P12
WR A.J. BROWN
MISSISSIPPI

44: R2P12
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

75: R3P11
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO

92: R3P28
WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE

114: R4P12
WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA

152: R5P12
WR TERRY GODWIN
GEORGIA

169: R5P29
WR COLLIN JOHNSON
TEXAS

186: R6P12
WR HUNTER RENFOW
CLEMSON

237: R7P21
WR CODY THOMPSON
TOLEDO

247: R7P31
WR JOHNNIE DIXON
OHIO STATE
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I just completed probably my best one ever.  I wanted to make sure I got Baker some weapons so that he can succeed. 

WR A.J. BROWN
MISSISSIPPI

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO

WR KELVIN HARMON
NC STATE

WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA

WR TERRY GODWIN
GEORGIA

WR COLLIN JOHNSON
TEXAS

WR HUNTER RENFOW
CLEMSON

WR CODY THOMPSON
TOLEDO

WR JOHNNIE DIXON
OHIO STATE

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Otto - you rock, my man! Did you go to the same school for WRs as Mary Kay Cabot went to for QBs? (Keep drafting 'em until you get it right!)

Any way, here is one I just threw together. Have at it, boys and girls!

WR A.J. BROWN
MISSISSIPPI
He is the top WR on many, many mock drafts. Size, speed, good hands and he played in the toughest division of college football - the rugged SEC West. If there is a better pro ready receiver, I would like to meet him.
CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA
This youngster could have easily come out of school last year, but chose to return to add polish to his game. Mission accomplished. He is a true shutdown corner. Paired opposite Denzel Ward, the Browns now have two legitimate corners that shut off each deep outside third of the field.
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO
Cannot believe he is still on the board now. Ultra productive outside receiver wither good size (6'3" 205). He is averaging 17.3 ypc so far this season. Knows this climate - playing his college ball at Buffalo. Another quality MAC football player.
OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
I am thrilled to write David's name on the card here and sprint it to the podium. Edwards is Webster's by the book definition of a "road grater". He is a special talent. David currently plays RT for the Badgers. Not only does he pave the way for Johnathan Taylor, but that is also southpaw QB Alex Hornibrook's blind side. No more right side OL line leakage for the Browns.
S JUAN THORNHILL
UVA
Three year starter and current team captain at strong safety. I admit in every one of the mocks I have done for 2019, Juan has been my choice at this point in the draft. I am totally impressed with his play. He will make the roster as a special teamer - make no mistake; in three years - this is your starting strong safety.
DL TERRY BECKNER JR
MISSOURI
A good sized space eater (6'4" 300) but the production is there as well. 15 tackles in 6 games, again playing in the rugged SEC West. Being plugged into a line that features Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi will allow Terry to do his thing as a run stuffer - a skill the Browns desperately need.
LB GARY JOHNSON
TEXAS
Another violent middle linebacker. 6'0" 225 may be a bit on the small side, but do not let that fool you. He has totaled 46 tackles in just 7 games. Never seems to be caught out of position. I am sure he will start off as a special teams thumper.
WR EMMANUEL HALL
MISSOURI
I have to rub my eyes a second time because Emmanuel is still here. A 6'3" 195 outside burner that is averaging a whopping 23.6 ypc this season with 3 TDs. I did not want to select a third WR in this draft, but his talent is undeniable - and if I didn't act here, he would have been gone shortly. Baker's gonna love this kid.
RB LJ SCOTT
MICHIGAN STATE
I have had my eyes on LJ since I watched him at Hubbard HS. He doesn't run - he glides with power. Every level of play I have seen him at - he has looked like a man amongst boys. Yes we have Hyde, and we have Nick Chubb - but the average shelf life of a running back is shorter than any other position. You see a good one - you pick him, and don't look back.
QB NICK FITZGERALD
MISSISSIPPI STATE
If there ever was a "best player available" pick, my man Nick is it. He has every physical trait you want in a QB. He does need to clean up some of his decision making skills, anf that is why he is still available here. With proper coaching, Nick should be ready for the field in a couple of years.
Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

The results are excellent, but I have to ask Who and what did you trade to DAL for the swap of 2019 1st rounders, the additional 2nd rounders - and how did we end up with DET's 6th rounder?

I traded down from 11 to 13 and got the 2nd there.  I traded up the 7th rounders to get back into the late 6th.

23 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So we go from playoff talk to mock talk in the span of one week ?

It's the natural progression of our fandom.  Normally, it's after week one that we start looking towards the draft, so we've lasted quite a while this season.  Much like the totally fantastic above me has said, long term is the mindset and draft season is all season.  GO BROWNS!

• Like 1

BUMP!

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
Arizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosDetroit LionsGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsKansas City ChiefsLA ChargersLA RamsMiami DolphinsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNew York JetsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksTampa Bay BuccaneersTennessee TitansWashington Redskins

7: R1P7
DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

39: R2P7
WR J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE
STANFORD

70: R3P6
CB BYRON MURPHY
WASHINGTON

LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN

109: R4P7
EDGE SHAREEF MILLER
PENN STATE

147: R5P7
OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

154: R5P14
WR TERRY GODWIN
GEORGIA

EDGE DAVID MOA
BOISE STATE

181: R6P7
S MARVELL TELL III
USC

230: R7P14
WR HUNTER RENFOW
CLEMSON

TE C.J. CONRAD
KENTUCKY

• 2 weeks later...

raw

6: R1P6
DL ED OLIVER
HOUSTON
38: R2P6
OT ANDRE DILLARD
WASHINGTON STATE
69: R3P5
WR DAVID SILLS V
WVU
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO
108: R4P6
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
146: R5P6
EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU
153: R5P13
WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA
TE C.J. CONRAD
KENTUCKY
180: R6P6
CB DERRICK BAITY
KENTUCKY
229: R7P13
RB JALIN MOORE
APPALACHIAN STATE
EDGE ULYSEES GILBERT III
AKRON
Edited by OttoGrahamsGhost
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

raw

DL ED OLIVER
HOUSTON
OT ANDRE DILLARD
WASHINGTON STATE
WR DAVID SILLS V
WVU
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU
WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA
TE C.J. CONRAD
KENTUCKY
CB DERRICK BAITY
KENTUCKY
RB JALIN MOORE
APPALACHIAN STATE
EDGE ULYSEES GILBERT III
AKRON

Derrick Baity is not lasting past the late fifth--unrealistic fail.

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE
OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE
LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
EDGE SHAREEF MILLER
PENN STATE
TE MATT SOKOL
MICHIGAN STATE
WR JALEN HURD
BAYLOR
EDGE JAMAL DAVIS II
AKRON
RB LJ SCOTT
MICHIGAN STATE
DL ADRIAN MIDDLETON
KENTUCKY

Went for a more realistic approach here. Although, I still don't think it's entirely realistic. Jalen Hurd would have to perform terribly in the combine to go that late.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
  • Like 1