GOAT Appetizers: RESULT-----WINGS WIN

MWil23

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus fellas, do I need to produce any further evidence that people who think wings are delicious have no clue what the hell their talking about???

Shiner??  I mean, I feel vindicated here.

You are looking to get stabbed in your sleep arent you?

You know what’s better than wings?

Boneless wings. 

Not chicken nuggets in a cube shape. Not chicken tenders with hot sauce on them. Not the extra parts of a chicken breast that you’d cut off and throw away. Cuts of actual quality chicken breast battered and fried and coated in wing sauces.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you can’t figure out wings and shiner suck, I’m not sure you could figure out the sharp end of a knife.

First of all, you are wrong. Shiner typically carries almost double the rating of bud light/etc. Its absolutely a decent "mass beer". 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Boneless wings. 

Not chicken nuggets in a cube shape. Not chicken tenders with hot sauce on them. Cuts of chicken breast battered and fried and coated in wing sauces.

I knew I always hated you. Your opinion sucks. Keep eating your adult happy meal. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Boneless wings. 

Not chicken nuggets in a cube shape. Not chicken tenders with hot sauce on them. Not the extra parts of a chicken breast that you’d cut off and throw away. Cuts of actual quality chicken breast battered and fried and coated in wing sauces.

Pssssh.  Beta move.  There's something bestial about eating meat off the bone that makes it worth it.  Plus the meat just tastes better than plain ol' breast meat where you're more dependent on the sauce than the combination of sauce and natural meat flavor to fill out the flavor profile.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Pssssh.  Beta move.  There's something bestial about eating meat off the bone that makes it worth it.  Plus the meat just tastes better than plain ol' breast meat where you're more dependent on the sauce than the combination of sauce and natural meat flavor to fill out the flavor profile.

And the breading kills the whole thing. Dont forget to mention how the breading sucks.

For the people knocking wings, it's not our fault that you've never graduated above B-Dubs.  Those aren't the wings that wings should be judged off of.  I mean, dear God, if I - in Southern California - can get legit wings on the level of Anchor Bar in Buffalo (and I can... joints like Wings and Things are owned by transplants from Buffalo) - you can raise your standards above a B-Dubs or chain restaurant level of wing.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

And the breading kills the whole thing. Dont forget to mention how the breading sucks.

Light breading isn't bad, but it's like fried chicken.  The "breading" should just be a seasoned flour dredge to help the sauce stick to the wing better.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Light breading isn't bad, but it's like fried chicken.  The "breading" should just be a seasoned flour dredge to help the sauce stick to the wing better.

Ive never had a good wing thats been breaded. I guess if it was extremely lightly breaded.... But just no. Not needed. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Its kinda cute seeing people not from Jaxsonville have opinions on the Jags. 

See how dumb that sounds?

You can watch the Jaguars in New Zealand. There’s like a dozen places that actually do good wings and 10 of them are in/around Buffalo. 

This is like when you went to Chicago and thought you knew about deep dish because you had UNOs pizza.

11 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s also kinda cute seeing people not from Buffalo have an opinion on Buffalo wings.

You do realize that you don't have to be from Buffalo to have had authentic Buffalo wings, right?

But then, I've also been to Buffalo and eaten at Anchor Bar - hence why I feel fine comparing what I get here to the wings at the place that made wings a thing.

Archived