GOAT Appetizers: RESULT-----WINGS WIN

MWil23

Just now, skywindO2 said:

damn right!

That too.  But I don't feel like ceviche is as universally loved as calamari is.  Even people who hate fish like calamari.  The only people who hate good calamari are the people who have never had good calamari - and probably because they're wussies about the idea of eating squid.

Just now, pwny said:

Speaking of - I’m going to be in Dallas proper next Sunday for the game. Where should I go for BBQ?

I would be lying if I attempted to speak for Dallas. I know Austin well, but not Dallas. They have a Coopers IIRC, thats always really good. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I would be lying if I attempted to speak for Dallas. I know Austin well, but not Dallas. They have a Coopers IIRC, thats always really good. 

Just send him to ET's place and have him sit down and demand, "ET!  Barbecue!  Now!  We want the barbecue now!"

He's claiming to have two good knees and a love of cycling now.  He can go out and fetch BBQ.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

That too.  But I don't feel like ceviche is as universally loved as calamari is.  Even people who hate fish like calamari.  The only people who hate good calamari are the people who have never had good calamari - and probably because they're wussies about the idea of eating squid.

I’d honestly rank the sea meats above most of this list tbh.

Ceviche, calamari, oysters, muscles, sashimi, scallops, etc., any of it. Skrimps ain’t nothing special tho iyam.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Austin's doable as long as you never step foot outside the city.

Texas in general is fine, but its not unlike any other big state in its diversity. Dallas is for the snobs, Austin for the hippies, Houston for the hipsters, SA/the south caters to people from Hispanic heritage, the rest is for old people/families.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Just send him to ET's place and have him sit down and demand, "ET!  Barbecue!  Now!  We want the barbecue now!"

He's claiming to have two good knees and a love of cycling now.  He can go out and fetch BBQ.

Hes in Houston. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Texas in general is fine, but its not unlike any other big state in its diversity. Dallas is for the snobs, Austin for the hippies, Houston for the hipsters, SA/the south caters to people from Hispanic heritage, the rest is for old people/families.

I mean, at this point (most) of California, you kind of get two-fer's when it comes to diversity - because apparently we like to prod each other and always have to have someone you dislike living nearby to at least complain about.  So we get lots of communities that are either hipsters and cranky old farts together, hippies and hicks together, yuppies and surfers (less hippie, but easily confused with them) together.  You have to go out to the sticks to find isolated demographics.

The biggest problem with wings is that like 99% of places don’t do them well and you end up with meat that’s like sucking snot from between two bones on the flat and over-cooked on the drumette.

Can’t really fault people for not liking that. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I’ve been to Dallas, Houston, SA, Austin, SPI, and Galveston for short bits and the whole state is pretty cool tbh.  Awesome food and really nice/friendly people everywhere.

Austin was the gem, from what little I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

The biggest problem with wings is that like 99% of places don’t do them well and you end up with meat that’s like sucking snot from between two bones on the flat and over-cooked on the drumette.

Can’t really fault people for not liking that. 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS757US757&q=pluckers+dallas&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=32948089,-96794344,10872&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwjV_p7v1fDdAhVK1qwKHYkuAKYQtgN6BAgAEAQ&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e3!2m1!1e16!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:4&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:!3m12!1m3!1d103512.41593975654!2d-96.79434429999999!3d32.9480896!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i86!2i371!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e3!2m1!1e16!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:4

Better than any wing I had in NY, Chicago, Cali (though I went to an awesome place in San Diego), Florida, etc. At least the ones in Austin are fantastic. Never been to any of the franchise locations outside of here. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What is this?

Pluckers. Its the GOAT wing bar. Its been rated #1 in Austin for quite a while, but last I heard they are starting to get attention on a larger scale. Its the waffle fry place. 

@pwny => Vampire Killer and Hallelujah are good for unique flavors. Buffalo hot and Cajun are my normal ones. Get your wings tossed in spicy ranch. Tell them you want both ranch and blue cheese. The blue cheese for the wings, the ranch for the fries. 

Also their mac and cheese is ridiculous. 

Archived