Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Not a surprise, came into a mess of a situation and has stabilized the offense.  What s most impressive is how the offense runs with less then stellar talent along the oline.  He s an intriguing candidate.

Do the Browns dump him? He's calling their best offense since like 07. 

Is he gonna be content if they only offer to keep him as an OC? Would their new HC be willing to keep him? Does that limit their pool of candidates?

Will he get looks around the league?

I can't imagine he's not at least an OC for someone next year.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Do the Browns dump him? He's calling their best offense since like 07. 

Is he gonna be content if they only offer to keep him as an OC? Would their new HC be willing to keep him? Does that limit their pool of candidates?

Will he get looks around the league?

I can't imagine he's not at least an OC for someone next year.

All great questions. Only way he stays on as OC is if Dorsey hires a defensive minded HC.  

He s a better candidate for both HC and OC then Monken.  Browns have been able to run the ball and keep Mayfield upright.  He comes from the Arians tree, so wouldn t be surprised if Licht is in the Glazer s ear about him.

If Richard is viewed as the best coordinator option, I m not sure how I would rank Kinchens, Bieniemy, DeFilipio, and Taylor.

The candidate to fill the Bucs’ possible coaching vacancy that is generating the most buzz is Baltimore’s John Harbaugh, who could be out if the 8-6 Ravens don’t make the playoffs this year. There is some genuine interest in Harbaugh in Tampa Bay if he becomes available, and don’t rule out a possible trade, either. 

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The fact that he can stay somewhere more than 4 years and doesn’t piss off a whole organization makes him the better Harbaugh in my opinion. He’d run a tough team. I still have serious reservations about the offense.

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I 'll take a Harbaugh, any Harbaugh at this point?  If it is John or Jim  for that matter, no one from this staff survives.  Maybe a position coach, but definitely no coordinators.  

Makes the most sense at this time the Glazers would want a retread, especially if there is no President.  

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

The fact that he can stay somewhere more than 4 years and doesn’t piss off a whole organization makes him the better Harbaugh in my opinion. He’d run a tough team. I still have serious reservations about the offense.

It could be argued he made the most out of what talent was given to him by Newsome.  I really don t know the answer, but I do understand your concern.  Very confident, the personnel decisions were made by Newsome, the staff was all Harbaugh.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's a distant connection between McCarthy and McVay.

And Dirk is the misfit, having no real connection to anyone. 😂

Wait you mean the Del Rio tree isn t wide and reaching.  😁 I say Dirk ends up in Cincy if Marvin is retained.  Curious where Monken goes.

Poor Dirk sitting their by his lonesome, that sucks.  

One more thing about John Harbaugh, he is only signed thru '19.  Typically, HC don t go into a season as a lame duck.  I can t see Harbaugh going the Marvin Lewis route and taking a short term extension to stay with a team.  I could be wrong, but this situation is worth watching.

Licht and Harbaugh worked together in Philly.

Archived