Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

Just now, sryan66611 said:

I have no idea but im guessing they are using a zone scheme?  And yea both of those guys are road graders... Not a good fit and the Bucs should definitely hop on that if one is cut.   They also have a rookie LT who has given up a ton of sacks pretty sure he leads all tackles.

I was reading the Raiders forum earlier this year and yeah they changed schemes. They were a good run team before with man to man. They’ve struggled a bit in zone and not getting the production from what they are paying. I bet one of those guards becomes a cap casualty and boom our RG problem is fixed.

56 minutes ago, indifference said:

I was reading the Raiders forum earlier this year and yeah they changed schemes. They were a good run team before with man to man. They’ve struggled a bit in zone and not getting the production from what they are paying. I bet one of those guards becomes a cap casualty and boom our RG problem is fixed.

I dont know the contracts but its got to be Gabe if anyone because I know Kelechi got a massive contract and im not sure they can get out of it easy but again I dunno the details.

57 minutes ago, indifference said:

So do the Bucs fill the guard position thru free agency and go draft and cheaper options at tackle?  I can see one more guy on the oline making over or near 10 million, but definitely not 4 on the oline making that much.  It s an interesting option  especially considering Wester is a 3rd year pro and maybe he can hold down one of the tackle positions.

Listening to the Kaufman podcast, I forgot about Mike Munchak as a retread HC candidate  He interviewed with the Cards last year. If I connect a couple of dots, I wonder how a Mike Munchak, Greg Williams, and Dave Ragone would sell in the interview process.  Definitely not a glamorous selection, but talk about a guy who had nothing at QB for his tenure.  Of course, assuming if Williams isn't retained in Cleveland.  

7 hours ago, ravishingone said:

So do the Bucs fill the guard position thru free agency and go draft and cheaper options at tackle?  I can see one more guy on the oline making over or near 10 million, but definitely not 4 on the oline making that much.  It s an interesting option  especially considering Wester is a 3rd year pro and maybe he can hold down one of the tackle positions.

Yes. I think Gabe Jackson will be around 6-8 mil after he gets cut for not playing well. Could be cheaper who knows. Im all for drafting OT early. Pats lost Solder this season and they didnt miss a beat.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Yes. I think Gabe Jackson will be around 6-8 mil after he gets cut for not playing well. Could be cheaper who knows. Im all for drafting OT early. Pats lost Solder this season and they didnt miss a beat.

The Pats also have the best oline coach in all of football.

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Now that Urbz has retired, he thinks he finally has a chance to beat us. 😂

I was exactly thinking something similiar.  It s bad enough to get slapped around by Urban, but if Day goes out and beats him next season, the alumni are really going to be unhappy.

It wouldn t shock me to see Harbaugh back in the NFL because college is as much about recruiting as scheme on the field.  In the NFL, it is easier to acquire the talent you want.  Love him or hate him, Harbaugh knows how to put together a staff.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Did Gruden set a new standard for coaches? Is it gonna take an extended contract and promises of total control to woo a coach like Harbaugh to come back to the NFL?

Everyone likes something new and exciting and a splash hire would be that. We may have even said that about Gruden last year, but total control for the HC puts back in the same stupid cycle of putting the roof on the house before foundation.

On a separate note what could we expect from a Jim Harbaugh team? Would Jameis be his guy and what would he look like in that offense? Would the team get the discipline of Schiano but the respect of the pros? Would be interesting..

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Did Gruden set a new standard for coaches? Is it gonna take an extended contract and promises of total control to woo a coach like Harbaugh to come back to the NFL?

It all started with Parcells.  The Niners and Shanny added abnormal contract length. 

Archived