Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

13 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Name that never comes up: Nick sirianni  

14 years In the league. 5 year in San Diego under that successful offense. 

Doing an excellent job in Indy. 

https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/nick-sirianni

Their line went from the worst in the league to one of the best in one offseason. 

He's an intriguing option.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Their line went from the worst in the league to one of the best in one offseason. 

He's an intriguing option.

I would be surprised if there are intrguing options on this coaching search.  I might be completely off base, but I don t think so.  Money and power will always be attractive.  Is the HC going to call the shots in the following jobs: Browns, Jags, Packers, Broncos, and Bengals.  Probably not.  The Jets maybe.  The Bucs yes.

Until the Glazers prove orherwise, I think this wiil be the direction this coaching search.

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

well it won t be sooner, but hopefully the Glazers are ready to hit the ground running quickly.  

They typically don’t, which is a concern.

Gruden was fired in the second half of January, Schiano was hired after we were left in the lurch by Kelly and we took a relative age to fire Lovie.

We aren’t a particularly attractive job and we’ve been a ****show off the field for decades. Why would anyone be coming here as a priority? 

It looks like a left field hire, or the remnants of the coaching market, sadly.

5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

They typically don’t, which is a concern.

Gruden was fired in the second half of January, Schiano was hired after we were left in the lurch by Kelly and we took a relative age to fire Lovie.

We aren’t a particularly attractive job and we’ve been a ****show off the field for decades. Why would anyone be coming here as a priority? 

It looks like a left field hire, or the remnants of the coaching market, sadly.

Agreed, Lovie was only fired because of his refusal to make changes to his staff.  The Schiano to Smith was quick, but his staff was awful outside of Leslie Frazier.  

I m an optimist, I think this change gets done quickly.  They were prepared to.get Gruden, but were outbid.  I think the Bucs will have a new HC in place within a week.  Of course, the main reason is because they want a HC who is currently unemployed, or would offer Harbaugh or Tomlin an offer that would be hard to ignore.

Hopefully the Glazers move quickly and put a GM in place by the end of the 1st week so when these HC candidates who are on playoff teams become available due to their team being eliminated, we’ve got a new GM ready to make a hire. Glazers have to have and idea of what they want this team to look like and hopefully, hopefully the GM who lays out there best plan with 2-3 different coaches he wants to go after will be hired first and told to go execute his plan and get one of those coaches.

55 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Hopefully the Glazers move quickly and put a GM in place by the end of the 1st week so when these HC candidates who are on playoff teams become available due to their team being eliminated, we’ve got a new GM ready to make a hire. Glazers have to have and idea of what they want this team to look like and hopefully, hopefully the GM who lays out there best plan with 2-3 different coaches he wants to go after will be hired first and told to go execute his plan and get one of those coaches.

It s easier to name a HC then get a GM.  A GM candidate has to not be under contract or another team has to allow him to interview. They can easily deny permission.   Hypothetically, let s say the Glazers want Xanders.  Even if his contract is up, unless the Rams allow him to interview before their season ends, not much the Glazers can do.  The NFL makes it a lot easier for assistants on playoff teams to interview for HC jobs.  

Last season, Dorsey and Gettleman were already fired, so it was easier to get them in place quickly. Just something to think about as this process unfolds over the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Nick Foles will be a free agent this year just saying. Tampa interested him once. Dude is playing big in big games. Something we need 

If the new regime opts to cut ties with Jameis, Foles will probably be a priority signing before we trade up for a QB in the draft.

That's been the formula pretty much everyone else has used the last couple years.

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If the new regime opts to cut ties with Jameis, Foles will probably be a priority signing before we trade up for a QB in the draft.

That's been the formula pretty much everyone else has used the last couple years.

Easily a better QB than Winston. Why not upgrade? 

Archived