Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well, if they are moving on from Licht, I hope they fire him before the season is over.  At the very least, there are retread GMs that can get interviewed right away.  Hopefully get permission from teams to interview candidates already on staff.

McVay has been public about not wanting to block anyone from interviewing for promotions. And that's a decent looking staff to pick from.

Not sure about anyone else.

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

McVay has been public about not wanting to block anyone from interviewing for promotions. And that's a decent looking staff to pick from.

Well, good part is Kevin Demoff worked for the Glazers. With the team officially eliminated, it would make sense to.get a jump on the process.

Licht is only extended through next season.  I can t remember the last time a GM was involved hiring a HC, then replaced the following year.  If Licht stays, he has to be extended.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Is it though? We don’t know that for certain. That’s why we need people who are football gurus and not the glazers bc its just guessing that they can bring that success here 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Well, good part is Kevin Demoff worked for the Glazers. With the team officially eliminated, it would make sense to.get a jump on the process.

Licht is only extended through next season.  I can t remember the last time a GM was involved hiring a HC, then replaced the following year.  If Licht stays, he has to be extended.

Honestly thinking about it, it’s beyter to get s new GM  to pick the next coach. 

Having licht pick the next coach while he’s dangling on a string wouldn’t make sense if we’re not committed to licht long term. 

10 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm in for this. 

These are the characteristics that I like for a head coaching search. Not just a coordinator that has had success calling plays or is an offensive or defensive genius. 

I’m gonna be that guy. Richard is probably one of my top targets. 

My problem is reading Kings’s article. Will candidates want to come here? The rest of the league if they see Richard as this top candidate, will wrap him up quick. When reading some of these articles it seems like the rest of the league view Tampa as a laughing stock  

We also won’t get a quick shot at him as he won’t interview til after Dallas is out of contention. 

11 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’m gonna be that guy. Richard is probably one of my top targets. 

Same. I mocked him to us as a DC but it's sounding more and more like he's gonna get HC interviews. And I would like us to be one of the teams involved in that process.

I think Whitehead and Evans have a chance to do really well in his defense. Davis too. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Same. I mocked him to us as a DC but it's sounding more and more like he's gonna get HC interviews. And I would like us to be one of the teams involved in that process.

I think Whitehead and Evans have a chance to do really well in his defense. Davis too. 

Again. I know people here will whine and say I’m harping on this but it’s blatently honest and factual: 

The coaching candidates may not prefer Tampa bc of 1. Ownership. 2. GM and 3. Jameis Winston potentially being forced by ownership of the next head coach. 

Rah - Schiano - Lovie and koetter. All have failed and all were poor hires. 

Honestly there were better candidates than dirk and I feel dirk was forced to be hired as the head coach. However licht has personel moves that are still questionable. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Scheme matters. Gabe Jackson and Osemele are not good fits for that scheme. i expect one of them to be cut and bucs should be all over it.

I have no idea but im guessing they are using a zone scheme?  And yea both of those guys are road graders... Not a good fit and the Bucs should definitely hop on that if one is cut.   They also have a rookie LT who has given up a ton of sacks pretty sure he leads all tackles.

Archived