Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

Glazers have no idea what they are doing with Man U as well. They should just go after Zidane. Instead they’ll probably go after the equivalent of Team USA rehiring Bruce Arena. And that better not carry over to th NFL franchise with Mike Shanahan.

23 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Sigh. I do think cleaning house and bringing in a GM to pick the coach makes this a little better coaching option tho.

We can fix the "uncertainty at quarterback" situation real quick. And go with the certainty that we have no future QB on the roster. Which is what should happen. 

43 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Sigh. I do think cleaning house and bringing in a GM to pick the coach makes this a little better coaching option tho.

I think this is terrific news   I always thought the Glazers would prefer to go retread, which isn t what I wanted.  So if a retread frowns coming here, that is good. 

Tell me the laat time an NFL assistant turned down a HC job.  I can t remember one recently.  Could other jobs be more attractive then Tampa for Richard or Bieniemy? Certainly possible.  However, recent history suggests the success rate of candidates who were not high on the list to be really good.  The following HCs only interviewed with the team that hired them:  McVay, Pedersen, Reich, and Lynn.  I would like to learn more about Zac Taylor and Sirianni.  The list of hot candidates who never got hired and went to an after thought is quite long.  Pretty confident a coordinator gets offered a job, he is taking it.

So yeah, if this perception disqualifies the Glazers from hiring a retread count me as thrilled.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think this is terrific news   I always thought the Glazers would prefer to go retread, which isn t what I wanted.  So if a retread frowns coming here, that is good. 

Tell me the laat time an NFL assistant turned down a HC job.  I can t remember one recently.  Could other jobs be more attractive then Tampa for Richard or Bieniemy? Certainly possible.  However, recent history suggests the success rate of candidates who were not high on the list to be really good.  The following HCs only interviewed with the team that hired them:  McVay, Pedersen, Reich, and Lynn.  I would like to learn more about Zac Taylor and Sirianni.  The list of hot candidates who never got hired and went to an after thought is quite long.  Pretty confident a coordinator gets offered a job, he is taking it.

So yeah, if this perception disqualifies the Glazers from hiring a retread count me as thrilled.

Positive way of looking at it. GM has to come first.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Positive way of looking at it. GM has to come first.

Well, if they are moving on from Licht, I hope they fire him before the season is over.  At the very least, there are retread GMs that can get interviewed right away.  Hopefully get permission from teams to interview candidates already on staff.

Archived