? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

I like the idea, but if the defense is based on off coverage with CBs playing 8 yards off, this is a waste of an asset.  On a side note, Grimes is just mailing it in.  No run support whatsoever.  At least Vea will actually get playing time on 3rd down.   Damn, he was one strong guy in the middle.

I know defense is mega bad, but can we shift focus for a second just how bad Benenoch is???

I swear on one run play when we were in mid field I saw this dude get knocked back BEHIND Barber, and he was laying there like a dead animal. Barber had to shift juke and twist just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

But overall he all day he was so bad. He cannot run block so save his life. I think on the goal line play where we tried to run, then next play Winston threw that pick, I swear that is the same series that Benanoch got put on the ground and became an obstacle for Barber that greatly contributed to Barber failing to reach the endzone.

17 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

I know defense is mega bad, but can we shift focus for a second just how bad Benenoch is???

I swear on one run play when we were in mid field I saw this dude get knocked back BEHIND Barber, and he was laying there like a dead animal. Barber had to shift juke and twist just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

But overall he all day he was so bad. He cannot run block so save his life. I think on the goal line play where we tried to run, then next play Winston threw that pick, I swear that is the same series that Benanoch got put on the ground and became an obstacle for Barber that greatly contributed to Barber failing to reach the endzone.

Yeah Evan Smith may be better and that’s really saying something. We need a RG bad too. Free agency is light on DBs unless by some miracle Ha Ha Clinton-Dix hits the market so get a RG there and go DB and DL in the draft.

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m pretty sure Vea isn't going to be a bust, just needs time to refine his technique and get used to the speed of the game.  He was a wall on the last 3rd and 1 play before the Bryant FG.

Yeah we have our future stud DT. Unreal how raw he still is. Buck says he is at 25%... that’s crazy. We definitely have the flexibility to move McCoy now, as much as that pains me to say. His cap number is huge and he isn’t playing up to it. Grab a pick and/or young player and open up the cap for DSmith and free agents.

11 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Ok point proven If you say so. But that pick is still on winston. The defenders back is turned and winston throws the ball in a spot it bounces off the defenders helmet. That ball is gotta be higher where it’s Godwin’s ball or 3rd down. That play killed us. 

Did winston play well? Yes. But two critical turnovers in the RZ and in great Field position cost us at minimum 6 points total. We lost be 5. 

I agree the ball should have been higher, but I’m convinced it was the correct read. 

We got unlucky with an iffy DPI no call on that play as well. 

Bottom line though, if the ball was where it needed to be, the pick doesn’t happen. That said, if there was no DPI on that play, a pick is unlikely. 

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

It s lunacy to really prioritize the short comings of this team above Mike Smith s defense.  If this defensive trend doesn't dramatically improve I have zero issue sending Koetter and Licht packing.  

Those are unbelievable stats. What does Mike Smith have to do to get fired?

@Buc Ball, my guess on Mike Smith is the following.  The Glazers meet with the current regime a short time after the season concludes.  They listen to the plan involving current personnel, coaching staff, and potential free agent candidates.  Once the entire plan is signed off, they dont evaluate again until the next season concludes.  

I think it explains why Lovie was fired because the Glazers werent comfortable with the entire plan.   With the current team, the Glazers wont fire Mike Smith, but they wont stop him from being relieved of his duties.  This is why Koetter and Licht are tied to Mike Smith no matter how good the offense was performing.  They convinced the Glazers bringing back the staff mainly in tact was the best approach.    Keeping the staff still together through this debacle is on them also.  

IMO, the Glazers arent quite as meddling as perceived.  Certainly they can be questioned who they have hired.  However, once that regime is hired, they are allowed to run the team within the agreed upon plan before the season starts without interference from ownership.  Just my guess.

Archived