#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Ioannidis would play DT next to Payne. So you find another backup at DT. We have one in Settle. 

Allen’s best spot in a 4-3 is as a UT/3-technique, like what Aaron Donald plays, not as a 4-3 strong side LDE, although I agree he could play there too, but it’s better to have Kerrigan’s edge pass rushing skills at 4-3 LDE.

Ioannidis is going to get starter # next year, at least 4 if not as much as $7 mil per year to be a starter somewhere. If we don’t stay in the 3-4 where we have three 300 pounders on the field 40% of the game and where he rotates with Payne & Allen in the nickel then, we aren’t keeping him.

We have two back up DTs, Brantley and Settle.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, Skins212689 said:

One thing I hate is going back and forth with someone whose tryna make a point on something that isn't working. Hasn't the Deffense declined as the season progressed? Yes, but you dont want to change the scheme and want to run this same BS next year and expect something different. That's called Insanity!!!!

My friend, you've just run into a long running argument I've had with @turtle28 over the years. I think I was calling for returning to the 4-3 back in 2012 (definitely by 2013).

In his defense, he's coming at it from the perspective a guy who is also a fan of the Steelers. He's seen it work for Pittsburgh for years and believes it could for the Redskins. My point to him (repeatedly) over the years is that no matter what they do, it hasn't worked for the Redskins. Every so often, I'll poke at him about it, but I've come to the realization he and I will never agree on this point.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

One thing I hate is going back and forth with someone whose tryna make a point on something that isn't working. Hasn't the Deffense declined as the season progressed? Yes, but you dont want to change the scheme and want to run this same BS next year and expect something different. That's called Insanity!!!!

I didn’t say I didn’t want to change the scheme. I’ve continuously said that just changing the scheme isn’t going to take our defense from average to elite. We need some new players no matter if we stay in a 3-4 or go back to a 4-3. 

For example, at LB. Whether we stay in the 3-4 or go to a 4-3, we still need two new ILBs or 2 new 4-3 LBs and maybe 3 new starting 4-3 LBs if we transition back to the 4-3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Allen’s best spot in a 4-3 is as a UT/3-technique, like what Aaron Donald plays, not as a 4-3 strong side LDE, although I agree he could play there too, but it’s better to have Kerrigan’s edge pass rushing skills at 4-3 LDE.

Ioannidis is going to get starter # next year, at least 4 if not as much as $7 mil per year to be a starter somewhere. If we don’t stay in the 3-4 where we have three 300 pounders on the field 40% of the game and where he rotates with Payne & Allen in the nickel then, we aren’t keeping him.

We have two back up DTs, Brantley and Settle.

Brantley should be playing DE not DT. What don't you get? I guess a lot of what Im saying you dont get but ok dude. Tape doesn't lie and the play on the field doesn't either. They are playing guys out of position hurting them and what has many fans in a uproar. You continue to approve these decisions, I won't.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

My friend, you've just run into a long running argument I've had with @turtle28 over the years. I think I was calling for returning to the 4-3 back in 2012 (definitely by 2013).

In his defense, he's coming at it from the perspective a guy who is also a fan of the Steelers. He's seen it work for Pittsburgh for years and believes it could for the Redskins. My point to him (repeatedly) over the years is that no matter what they do, it hasn't worked for the Redskins. Every so often, I'll poke at him about it, but I've come to the realization he and I will never agree on this point.

It worked this year when everyone was healthy bc we finally had a NT, but then ppl started getting hurt. The offense can’t sustain drives anymore which means the defense is in the field 3/4 of the game and eventually gets worn down.

Just now, turtle28 said:

It worked this year when everyone was healthy bc we finally had a NT, but then ppl started getting hurt. The offense can’t sustain drives anymore which means the defense is in the field 3/4 of the game and eventually gets worn down.

I'll agree that the DL is now fixed ... but now the LBs are the problem. Three of the four positions need to be or will be turned over.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Brantley should be playing DE not DT. What don't you get? I guess a lot of what Im saying you dont get but ok dude. Tape doesn't lie and the play on the field doesn't either. They are playing guys out of position hurting them and what has many fans in a uproar. You continue to approve these decisions, I won't.

You need to look up who Brantley is. Brantley is a 310 pound DE in a 3-4 or a 4-3 DT. I know this, I wanted the Redskins to draft him and try him at NT out of the university of Florida.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Thanks I won't keep going back and forth with him too much longer. We are all entitled to our own opinion that's why I'll let him keep his while I keep mine.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I'll agree that the DL is now fixed ... but now the LBs are the problem. Three of the four positions need to be or will be turned over.

We could get by if we only replaced one LB on our team - Foster - and still have a very good defense. Smith isn’t great, but he’s good at times and Brown can still be a good run down ILB/blitzer, we just can’t put him in pass coverage on 2nd & 3rd and long.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t say I didn’t want to change the scheme. I’ve continuously said that just changing the scheme isn’t going to take our defense from average to elite. We need some new players no matter if we stay in a 3-4 or go back to a 4-3. 

For example, at LB. Whether we stay in the 3-4 or go to a 4-3, we still need two new ILBs or 2 new 4-3 LBs and maybe 3 new starting 4-3 LBs if we transition back to the 4-3. 

Now you wanna jump to the LB position while we where just discussion the line. Have a good one sir. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Now you wanna jump to the LB position while we where just discussion the line. Have a good one sir. 

I can talk about the defense all day long and what we should be doing and what we need. We’ve had these discussions in this forum since 2010 as Woz stated. 

You can either have the discussion with me or not, I really don’t care.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You need to look up who Brantley is. Brantley is a 310 pound DE in a 3-4 or a 4-3 DT. I know this, I wanted the Redskins to draft him and try him at NT out of the university of Florida.

So than all you would have to do is find another DE. You have 4 DT's in Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, and Brantley! With Allen, and Kerrigan as the DEs and possibly Smith if he is resigned. 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So than all you would have to do is find another DE. You have 4 DT's in Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, and Brantley! With Allen, and Kerrigan as the DEs and possibly Smith if he is resigned. 

Why put Allen as an edge pass rusher when he’s never played that positon in his life?

Allen is a run defender and interior pass rusher. He’s like Aaron Darnold. He needs to be as a 3tech. It just doesn’t make much sense to me to take a life long interior DL and put him on the edge.

Ryan Kerrigan was a left defensive end when we drafted him out of Purdue, he could certainly do that again easily. I think it’d be best if we put 10 pounds back on him though that he lost as a rookie when we made him a 3-4 left outside linebacker. If he puts the 10 pounds back on, that means that he’ll be better agains the run.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why put Allen as an edge pass rusher when he’s never played that positon in his life?

Allen is a run defender and interior pass rusher. He’s like Aaron Darnold. He needs to be as a 3tech. It just doesn’t make much sense to me to take a life long interior DL and put him on the edge.

Ryan Kerrigan was a left defensive end when we drafted him out of Purdue, he could certainly do that again easily. I think it’d be best if we put 10 pounds back on him though that he lost as a rookie when we made him a 3-4 left outside linebacker. If he puts the 10 pounds back on, that means that he’ll be better agains the run.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS

Allen is playing DE right now! You win. Have a good day.