#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because he doesn’t have the speed/quickness to turn the corner as an edge pass rusher. He gets 5 sacks a year as an interior pass rusher and has always been an interior pass rusher since high school. Putting Allen at 4-3 DE is a waste of his talents and would be the equivalent of having Renaldo Wynn at DE from 2002-2006. 

I don't agree. 

44 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Like Ioannidis?

I love Ioannidis but if we move to a 4-3, he’s the odd man out bc were not going to give him a huge deal when we’re going to have to give Jon Allen a huge deal to play the same positon.

Now, If we stay in the 3-4, I’d definitely re-sign Ioannidis.

Edited by turtle28

Mike Jones of Washington Post believes Bruce returns in same capacity. That would be a death kneel for this franchise. Might as well take the franchise and move it somewhere else. No one is going to show up or watch. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure why the truth bothers you so much. Jon Allen is not an edge pass rusher. In the past we tried to put square pegs into round holes (Jason Taylor & Orakpo as 4-3 OLBs) and it didn’t work. We shouldn’t waste Jon Allen’s talent by putting him at a positon where he won’t maximize his talents.

They never were suppose to be linebackers!!!! When did Taylor play LB in Miami? Show me proof please. He didnt switch to that positon until here. Than went back to Miami and played LB some, but his best days where with his hand in the dirt rushing the passer!!! 

Edited by Skins212689

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It is impractical in the 4-3 to have someone of his size playing on the ends.  You want someone 260-280 coming off the edge with quickness, not someone with bulk who is supposed to hold multiple blockers.  In a 4-3, Allen would be shifting inside and would be playing a role similar to what Aaron Donald does.  

His scouting report says he can play both in and outside! I'll take their word over anyone here. I Agree to Disagree with you sir.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jonathan-allen?id=2557844

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Mike Jones of Washington Post believes Bruce returns in same capacity. That would be a death kneel for this franchise. Might as well take the franchise and move it somewhere else. No one is going to show up or watch. 

Noooo!

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c13f8d979463748516

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Mike Jones is with USA Today fwiw

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

They never were suppose to be linebackers!!!! When did Taylor play LB in Miami? Show me proof please. He didnt switch to that positon until here. Than went back to Miami and played LB some, but his best days where with his hand in the diry rushing the passer!!! 

Wow, just wow! Taylor played 3-4 OLB in Miami before Parcells traded him to us for a 2nd round pick in 2008 because he did dancing with the stars in the offseason.

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How many of the jerseys from China have been seized at customs over that time?  Asking for a friend.  

Uhh ... none?

Your "friend" might want to try ordering his or her jerseys with the "heroin free" option. :D:D:D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It is impractical in the 4-3 to have someone of his size playing on the ends.  You want someone 260-280 coming off the edge with quickness, not someone with bulk who is supposed to hold multiple blockers.  In a 4-3, Allen would be shifting inside and would be playing a role similar to what Aaron Donald does.  

Part of Allen's gifts are that he's explosive. I would think he could be just as explosive on the end against a LT as he could against a C/G pair.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

But there’s no reason for him to do that. Allen’s Natural positon is as an interior pass rusher and an interior run stuffer. He would be a waste as an edge rusher. It would be like having Renaldo Wynn out there again. As an interior pass rusher, Allen gets 5 sacks a year, and may get more in the future. 

Why would he be a waste?

If you have Allen, Payne, and Ioannidis, and want to maximize your talent on the field, why not have him rush from the side? Ioannidis can rush from the interior as well.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wow, just wow! Taylor played 3-4 OLB in Miami before Parcells traded him to us for a 2nd round pick in 2008 because he did dancing with the stars in the offseason.

So would Taylor sack count be as good as they are at OLB instead of DE? You ever think he got traded because he didn't fit Parcells 3-4 Deffense? Another Older guy we got baited to take. People knew/know they can get away with highway robbery with picks. I bet Smart GMs wouldn't traded a 2 round pick for a Old Taylor!!

Edited by Skins212689