Update: DE Derick Rivers knee injury - Season Ending

Deadpulse

Well none of that sounds any good. Let's hope Wise gets out of the concussion protocol in a timely manner or Ealy steps it up. Patriots might need to bring in more bodies at DE (despite already signing a camp body type in Keionta Davis

UPDATE

Not good, not good at all. Injuries are always a real bummer, but in this case It's even worse given the lack of depth and quality at DE position. Hope it's nothing too serious but I'm not confident.

In case this injury is serious(knock on wood) can you guys think of any trade/signing that the Pats could attempt?

1 hour ago, atmer said:

In case this injury is serious(knock on wood) can you guys think of any trade/signing that the Pats could attempt?

Dwight Freeny is still out there, but who knows how much he has in the tank. He was effective in limited work last season. 

Here's a list of all DL and OLB FAs :

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-line/available/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/outside-linebacker/available/

Jared Odrick is still unsigned. Kendall Reyes and Mario Williams other names that caught my eye. Not exactly rich pickings. Maybe they could coax Ninkovich or even Ware out of retirement?

As roster cut-downs approach, some decent players might become available.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Time to hit FA?

If they're going to get someone right now, a trade seems more likely. Or they could wait until final cutdowns, but I'm not sure that's the way Belichick will want to go given how thin the position is.

16 minutes ago, Starless said:

If they're going to get someone right now, a trade seems more likely. Or they could wait until final cutdowns, but I'm not sure that's the way Belichick will want to go given how thin the position is.

Agree. Normally speaking I would say they would wait for final cutdowns, but this is a thin position already. Especially with Ealy struggling and Wise concussed. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a trade, maybe even player-for-player. They do have RBs and WRs to spare right now.

9 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Agree. Normally speaking I would say they would wait for final cutdowns, but this is a thin position already. Especially with Ealy struggling and Wise concussed. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a trade, maybe even player-for-player. They do have RBs and WRs to spare right now.

Well, Sheldon Richardson could be available via trade... The talent is there, but I don't think we would want to put with the drama. Can't see the Jets being that interested in many of our players though (maybe Mitchell?), given how crap their roster currently is. They would prefer draft picks I imagine. 

Looking through the list of FAs that Chaz provided, no name stands out to me. I believe that a trade is the way to go, but I'm more inclined to think that BB will just wait and try to get some guy that just didn't make the cut somewhere else.

Archived