Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

No, no, no, avoid tackles from Bama or the SEC. bamas scheme makes their tackles look better than they are. They haven’t produced a top tier tackle in forever. Their linemen usually are great in college but suck in the NFL. 

I don't agree with stigmas surrounded conferences and positional prospects. It's like Big 12 QB's. 

I think Jonah will be a solid NFL LT. Nothing spectacular as he's being made out to be by some, but still good nonetheless. He's got great handwork and has held his own in just about any situation he's faced.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Good teams don’t reach for need. if we’re top 5-8 Jonah would not be one of the best players available. If we drop down a bit say 10-12 range he’d be more of a reasonable pick. I still think it’s btwn Greedy Williams or Ferrell. I think this year would be a perfect year to trade down if we get a good package. Like an additional 2-4 this year and some picks next year something like that. Still pick in the 10-12 range. Use our late round picks to trade pack into the end of the first 

12. DeAndre Baker CB

28. David Edwards RT 

2. Marquis Brown WR

3. Khalil Hodge LB

Wholeheartedly agree from the draft philosophy standpoint. Ironically enough, however, I think DeAndre at 12 would be a reach. I don't think he's a Dorsey-type of CB. We'll see how he tests at the combine, but his athleticism and the fluidity of his hips are a legitimate concern. He does not fare well against burners. He does do a solid job against taller WR's who lack speed and quickness, but I believe Dorsey would prefer to target a DB who can potentially cover any type of wideout.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’d be happy. However, certain posters will have pitchforks ready.

I wouldn't say I'd be furious. I mean, it is understandable to an extent. I think more than anything, I'd be extremely disappointed. Taking Jonah within the top 10 would go against the draft philosophy of just about every competent front office, IMO. Need over BPA is not smart, period. Instead, go for BPA at a position of need and make the best of both worlds. Who is the best player available at a position of need? It won't be Jonah unless we go on a major winning streak, or trade down. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t even see him a single an underachiever, just a middling pass rusher.

Name these two players based on combine stats:

6’4 269 lbs. 34” arms 9 7/8” hands

4.65 40, 24 bench reps, 36” vert, 10’1” broad jump

7.37 3 cone, 4.41 20 yard shuttle 

23 TFL, 10 sacks final season

6’4 273, 35 1/2” arms, 10” hands

4.63 40, 20 bench reps, 35.5” vert, 10’1” broad jump

7.26 3 cone, 4.5, 20 yard shuttle

16.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks final season

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

It’s Chubb and Ogbah, what’s your point?

One was an elite football player, the other an elite athlete who was never as good at actually playing football and never regarded as an elite prospect.

If you’re expecting elite production just because he blew up the combine, you must be new here.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s Chubb and Ogbah, what’s your point?

One was an elite football player, the other an elite athlete who was never as good at actually playing football and never regarded as an elite prospect.

If you’re expecting elite production just because he blew up the combine, you must be new here.

Ogbah and Chubb both had a lot of production to go along with their combines.

all I’m saying is he’s got some potential and ability and he’s just not reaching it. He’s underachieving. 

31 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Idk who? 

Archived