GDT: Vikings@Jets

bspice

This game is looking tougher by the day.

3 of our top 5 DBs are likely out (Maye, Tru, and Skrine).

3 of our top 4 WR are either out or nursing an injury (Enunwa, Robby, and Pryor).

DB and WR are some of our deepest units but that’s a lot to handle. 

Leo and Crowell did not practice either. I don’t recall us having this many injuries to key players.

This game could get ugly. 

I think this will be a very close game too. I see it more as a ground and pound game. i think Cook comes out and burns us on a few big runs. I also expect Crowell to do his think too. Anderson will catch a nice deep ball for a TD over 40 yards. I think in the end the jets score with around 2 minutes to go to take the lead 21-20. The vikings drive down the field and set up for a FG and Bailey misses a 48 yard attempt as time runs out. Jets win in a very good game. Darnold comes out with no INTS.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Our receivers are decimated and so is our secondary. We have quite the uphill battle.

yeah, i've learned that from reading your guys' discussion here. i don't follow AFC teams, particularly the east coast ones so didn't know the Jets' status.

at least you guys look to be ascending in the near future.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't think any of us here are expecting a win. We just want it to be close and for Darnold to keep showing us why he was picked #3 overall. Our receivers are decimated and so is our secondary. We have quite the uphill battle.

looks like your coach agrees:

Vikings wide receivers Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are a handful for opposing secondaries under the best of circumstances and the Jets’ circumstances may be well short of that in Sunday’s game. The Jets played without cornerbacks Trumaine Johnson and Buster Skrine last weekend because of injuries and their status did not change on Wednesday. Johnson remained out with a quad injury and Skrine is still in the concussion protocol, which led Jets head coach Todd Bowles to say what you’d expect when asked about the task at hand for his secondary. The Jets haven’t ruled either cornerback out, but whoever winds up at corner won’t have the help of safety Marcus Maye as he’s out with a broken thumb. That will add to the challenge the Jets face as they look for a third straight win.

Bowles: “It’s a huge challenge. Obviously, we get a challenge every week, but these two guys do everything well. Usually you get a speed guy, a deep guy or a short guy. Both of these guys can do everything.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/jets-preparing-for-huge-challenge-from-vikings-wrs/

23 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this will be a very close game too. I see it more as a ground and pound game. i think Cook comes out and burns us on a few big runs. I also expect Crowell to do his think too. Anderson will catch a nice deep ball for a TD over 40 yards. I think in the end the jets score with around 2 minutes to go to take the lead 21-20. The vikings drive down the field and set up for a FG and Bailey misses a 48 yard attempt as time runs out. Jets win in a very good game. Darnold comes out with no INTS.

I forgot all about Cook, I was the guy who push so hard for the Jets to draft him. So once again it looks like I will get screwed again. 

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, i've learned that from reading your guys' discussion here. i don't follow AFC teams, particularly the east coast ones so didn't know the Jets' status.

at least you guys look to be ascending in the near future.

Being you are a hour behind us, I will post the half time score, and you can run out and place a bet, we can't be any fairer than that Dike Daddy.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

dude... i'm days and weeks ahead of you. lol

That's right, he and Father Time are good friends (I think they were college buddies), since they are around the same age, so he already knows what's going to happen on Sunday.  

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

dude... i'm days and weeks ahead of you. lol

I think what you should do, after you get down posting is to go outside and shovel the three feet of snow you have in Minny, and that should clear your head. And take the big Swede with you. 

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I think what you should do, after you get down posting is to go outside and shovel the three feet of snow you have in Minny, and that should clear your head. And take the big Swede with you. 

Ok let’s stop the bickering. Keep this to football.

55 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I think what you should do, after you get down posting is to go outside and shovel the three feet of snow you have in Minny,

i live in California...

for the guys who want to talk football...

ok, so i've learned the Jets are unfortunately banged up this week, still they're a .500 team though so far. so if they were healthy, what are their strengths and weaknesses? what do they need to improve on over time? when will they be true AFC East contenders?

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i live in California...

for the guys who want to talk football...

ok, so i've learned the Jets are unfortunately banged up this week, still they're a .500 team though so far. so if they were healthy, what are their strengths and weaknesses? what do they need to improve on over time? when will they be true AFC East contenders?

It’s kinda hard to tell. Our defense has been good relatively speaking but we’ve been banged up at CB and have no edge presence. We’ve managed to force turnovers though at a high rate still. On offense we have a good mixture of run and pass. Crowell and Powell have been a good 1,2 punch. The OLine shows uP sometimes and not others. At WR we have talent... but looks like Pryor and Enunwa are out. So that leaves us with a banged up Anderson who is a 1 trick pony and Jearse who’s very average. Should be a rough go for us in the passing game bc the 2 WRs our are crucial.

Archived