Around the NFL - Week 7 - Trouble in (NYG) Paradise?

Texas_OutLaw7

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Arizona better fix their OL this off season. Going to ruin Rosen.

Mike McCoy's use of David Johnson makes my eyes hurt. 

How Mike McCoy has a job in the NFL is mind-boggling to me and further proof of the pervasive cronyism that ruins the league. 

14 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Here's the list Sturm is referring to.

You're out of your mind if not willing to part with a 2nd for that production. And, he's 24. Last year there were some here willing to spend a #1 on Calvin Ridley. 

I was never on the first round WR train. But they do come with a rookie deal and a 5th year option.

Is cooper still on his rookie deal? And how many years left before we have to pay him? Could we still pick up a 5th year option even though we traded for him?

Imo, a draft philosophy of landing the top guy on your board in round 1(we've been great in round 1. The best in the league)

Then trading your 2nd round pick for a proven vet like ET or Cooper, is great way to go.

You already see teams using their 2nd rounder to take risk like RG and Jaylon Smith. The Eagles with Sidney Jones. 

What if every draft you landed a stud in the 1st and walked out of every 2nd with a pro bowler. Then filled the depth in rounds 3-7.

You're lucky if you get 1 immediate starter from a good draft. Using your first to get that guy and your 2nd to get a proven commodity sounds like a winner. 

I honestly love our view on 2nd rounders. I am really, really happy with our success rate there - and more importantly the quality of the hits.

3rd is where I am more open. And I will say, I think teams generally overvalue draft picks. So you can get starting caliber players veterans for 3rd day picks. That is more my wheelhouse.

Archived