When did current Elite QB's reach Elite status?

Chargers

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Even if the top 12% are producing at an elite level?

I guess not, but Brady wasn't producing in the top 12% of the league that year.  He wasn't producing at the top 15%, not the top 20%, but 30%.  And that's if you look only at his TD production.  Everything else was worse. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I guess not, but Brady wasn't producing in the top 12% of the league that year.  He wasn't producing at the top 15%, not the top 20%, but 30%.  And that's if you look only at his TD production.  Everything else was worse. 

Ok, I didn't watch much Brady back then, I can't argue about that.  I'm only saying that there is no arbitrary number at which players become elite.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Ok, I didn't watch much Brady back then, I can't argue about that.  I'm only saying that there is no arbitrary number at which players become elite.

Yeah, I agree, but elite certainly isn't 20-30% in this league, especially at a position that only has one starter for each team. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I agree, but elite certainly isn't 20-30% in this league, especially at a position that only has one starter for each team. 

Fair enough.  Although there are at least 5 guys producing at an elite level at QB this year, maybe more.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, and I stand by that.  If a player isn't in the top 10%, I don't consider them elite. 

So with that in mind, the 6th best safety in the league is elite? And in the same tier as the #1?

Even then, it’s fine if you don’t consider them that way. It’s just that your opinion on a word that has a pretty clear definition is not the sole way of looking at it.

Even if you want to argue Brady wasn't elite in 2004. It is hard to ignore 2005. He was 6th in passer rating, first in yards, 3rd in touchdowns, and 5th in Any/a. The numbers may not look sexy since the early to mid-2000s was a different league. But factoring era, he was absolutely elite in 2005. 

Archived