Week 8: Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4) - Apathy in London

Adrenaline_Flux

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I didn't have a chance to watch the 2nd half but seeing the L still freakin sucks. All this crap people were saying about us being a fluke last year like we were simply too healthy to repeat again and they look right. We simply have lost too many people and cant execute when necessary. I have no clue how to fix this team because we have obvious depth needs everywhere

Depth isn’t the issue teams play through injuries all the time and still mange to win ball games. It all boils down to the consistent play of the QB at the end of the day. You can’t have dry spots on offense like we do for stretches at a time even on bad drives from philly before turnovers they are still aggressive moving the ball because they have the QB to do it. You can’t play football where the defense plays good for a spell and the offense plays good for a spell and the defense is playin terrible. When our offense looks bad it looks bad I can deal with a turnover if you are constantly moving the ball when you want or need to move it. But we have stints where the offense looks pathetic even down to play excution sometimes. Offense looked good in the second half but they woke up too late. And when they woke up the defense started to wilt. But it all goes back to the QB play at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

We are talking the QB position name me a QB that didn’t play QB from the womb that got to college and you said that’s a top flight NFL QB? 

First you included Taven Bryan, now you’re only talking about QBs?

42 minutes ago, pwny said:

First you included Taven Bryan, now you’re only talking about QBs?

I started off with Blake and ended with Taven Including and starting off either way its not going to work with either a couple of outliers and people that went outside of the norm and by saying it worked with this guy or that guy.. But does it normally work? Truth of the matter is there isn't much this team could have done to improve coming out of last season at the QB position. Outside of signing Cousins which I was dead set against. We would be better with Cousins but I don't think it would be significantly better when I say that we would once again be a playoff team but I don't think we would be a championship contender. Plus it would have hindered this teams future in 19' and beyond talent wise. We would have still been in even worse cap situation with a Cousins type contract. But the Bortles.. and Fournette (when you could have had Watson or Mahomes although i'm still not sold on Watson and with Mahomes I just feel this organization would have still found a way to sully the pick up by coaching him up wrong.) picks will be the downfall of Caldwell.  

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I started off with Blake and ended with Taven Including and starting off either way its not going to work with either a couple of outliers and people that went outside of the norm and by saying it worked with this guy or that guy.. But does it normally work?

The point I was making is that you can’t say it never works at any position and then tell people that their position choices as proof doesn’t count. 

Lots of guys are late bloomers and transition to their craft late. Most every good TE was a basketball star that transitioned. JPP never played football until his junior year of high school. J.J. Watt changed positions. Richard Sherman used to be a WR. Warren Sapp was a TE. Brian Mitchell changed from a QB to a RB and became at the time the best returner in NFL history. The now current best returner in NFL history also changed from a CB to returner/WR. Nolan Carroll was a WR. Terrell Pryor went from QB to WR. Josh Cribbs played QB before becoming one of the best returners in football history. Dallas Clark was a LB. Dante Hall was a RB before finding success as a WR/returner. Antwaan Randle-El was a QB before becoming a WR. Julian Edelman was a QB. Hines Ward was a QB. Antonio Gates was a LB and didn’t even play college ball. Randall Cobb was a QB. Jerick McKinnon was a QB. Tamba Hali got a late start. Christian Okoye never even touched a football until he was 20. Ziggy Ansah didn’t play football until he was 20. Michael Oher didn’t start until late in his career. Jimmy Graham didn’t play football until late in life.

The idea that premier athletes can’t change positions and find success is absurd.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

The point I was making is that you can’t say it never works at any position and then tell people that their position choices as proof doesn’t count. 

Lots of guys are late bloomers and transition to their craft late. Most every good TE was a basketball star that transitioned. JPP never played football until his junior year of high school. J.J. Watt changed positions. Richard Sherman used to be a WR. Warren Sapp was a TE. Brian Mitchell changed from a QB to a RB and became at the time the best returner in NFL history. The now current best returner in NFL history also changed from a CB to returner/WR. Nolan Carroll was a WR. Terrell Pryor went from QB to WR. Josh Cribbs played QB before becoming one of the best returners in football history. Dallas Clark was a LB. Dante Hall was a RB before finding success as a WR/returner. Antwaan Randle-El was a QB before becoming a WR. Julian Edelman was a QB. Hines Ward was a QB. Antonio Gates was a LB and didn’t even play college ball. Randall Cobb was a QB. Jerick McKinnon was a QB. Tamba Hali got a late start. Christian Okoye never even touched a football until he was 20. Ziggy Ansah didn’t play football until he was 20. Michael Oher didn’t start until late in his career. Jimmy Graham didn’t play football until late in life.

The idea that premier athletes can’t change positions and find success is absurd.

I said show me a guy who played a position that was not QB all the way up to high school and who switched to QB and made his self into an even middle of the pack QB? Like i'm not saying it can't be done you named a lot of people but even those that you named who managed to do it and carve out nice careers 90% of the people you named didn't do it at an elite level. So to expect Blake to come into a situation where he was a TE all the way up to his senior yr and HS and to pick him 3rd overall was dumb. When QBs are engrained to play the position and they learn the position from a young age they pick up fundamentals.. do you think Blake was taught the proper way to play the position if he didn't play it until his senior yr in HS? When your game goes bad and you get in a funk, what do you go back to your fundamentals right? So what do you do when what you were taught or learned wasn't the correct way? But you want to correct the issue later on life. But at the end of the day what is going to happen?

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I said show me a guy who played a position that was not QB all the way up to high school and who switched to QB and made his self into an even middle of the pack QB?

You also said it applied to other positions including Taven Bryan.

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Like i'm not saying it can't be done you named a lot of people but even those that you named who managed to do it and carve out nice careers 90% of the people you named didn't do it at an elite level.

And 90% of the players you would name who didn’t switch positions don’t play at an elite level. Switching positions doesn’t decrease the success rate.

As for the point you’re making about QB, you’re citing correlation without any verifiable causation. It’s extremely rare for players to convert from another position to QB period. It doesn’t mean that someone can’t find success later, it’s just that the pool of guys who were given the opportunity are low.

15 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

When QBs are engrained to play the position and they learn the position from a young age they pick up fundamentals.. do you think Blake was taught the proper way to play the position if he didn't play it until his senior yr in HS? When your game goes bad and you get in a funk, what do you go back to your fundamentals right? So what do you do when what you were taught or learned wasn't the correct way? But you want to correct the issue later on life. But at the end of the day what is going to happen?

You seem to be making the argument that fundamentals need to be learned early or there’s no hope because they’ll eventually fall back on their lack of fundamentals. The fact - however - is that many QBs get by on raw talent while they’re younger and develop fundamentals much later in life. Cam Newton had some of the worst footwork in NFL history early on. Aaron Rodgers was a disaster fundamentally coming out of college. Phillip Rivers had a ton of fundamental issues. The Hall of Fame is littered with guys who were fundamental nightmares when they stepped foot on an NFL roster.

And on the flip side, Peyton Manning might have been the most fundamentally sound prospect in NFL history. He learned perfect fundamentals from the time he was a toddler. But just take a look how those fundamentals crumbled in big moments. So no - excellent fundamentals aren’t leaned on when the going gets tough just because you learned them when you were young.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Peyton Manning might have been the most fundamentally sound prospect in NFL history. He learned perfect fundamentals from the time he was a toddler. But just take a look how those fundamentals crumbled in big moments. So no - excellent fundamentals aren’t leaned on when the going gets tough just because you learned them when you were young.

Ok pwny you’re kind of helping me get to my point.. You say when Peyton’s fundamentals breaks down in big moments.. cool but do you also acknowledge because he is fundamentally sound to begin with is the first and foremost reason that he is consistent most of the time.. and by doing that it helps stabilize his game in order to make plays in a consistent manner. Would you dare to say that because of the fact that he is fundamentally sound it allows him to sustain drives consistently deliver balls on time? Dare to say that when you’re  fundamentally sound that you have less dry spots in your game and you’re able to process situations better? Is that too far fetched to say?

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Ok pwny you’re kind of helping me get to my point you say when Peyton fundamentals break down in big moments.. cool but do you also acknowledge because is fundamentally sound to begin with is the first and foremost reason that he is consistent most of the time.. and by doing that it help stabilize his game in order to make plays in a consistent manner. Would you dare to say because of the fact that he is fundamentally sound which allows him to sustain drives consistently deliver balls on time? Dare to say when you fundamentally sound that you have less dry spots in your game and your able to process situations better? Is too far fetched to say?

Sure. That has nothing to do with the need for when the fundamentals are learned, which is what you’re arguing. Aaron Rodgers was a mess fundamentally until years deep into his NFL career and he’s just as consistent as Manning ever was. A player learning fundamentals early in their career doesn’t mean anything.

9 hours ago, pwny said:

Sure. That has nothing to do with the need for when the fundamentals are learned, which is what you’re arguing. Aaron Rodgers was a mess fundamentally until years deep into his NFL career and he’s just as consistent as Manning ever was. A player learning fundamentals early in their career doesn’t mean anything.

Every situation is different Aaron was afforded the opportunity to sit behind Farve 3 yrs in order to develop his i’d still argue that he still has basic principles of playing the position that Blake just doesn’t have Aaron was also a project he picked like number 22 in the draft. The Jags took a project at number 3 and played the project after 3 games. 

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think any 1 person has to take the same path as everyone else to greatness. But do you believe that Blake is going to go against and buck the trend and take his game and improve any more in his play than what he is doing now? Because personally to me it looks like Blake has reached his zenith this is as good as Blake is going to get. He is who we thought he was.

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Blake wasn't to blame that day, but he's not the guy you guys need.

PS. The Myles Jack sack, someone on your team lined up in the neutral zone. jsyk, ok bye love you

Kick us while we're down, eh? B|

I’m not saying Blake is the primary reason that this team is losing. But he shoulders the blame in my eyes.

KC lost: falls on the coaching staff.. and the offense.. the defense gave up some things but Blake turned the ball over in the red zone twice. That gets you to 28 points right there they lost 14-30.

Dallas lost: Is on the coaching staff period both the offense and defensive coordinator shouldn’t have received game checks. How does avg *** Dak make you look senseless against at that time was still a relatively healthy defense? And on top of that you get gashed with Dallas essentially using the same game plan KC just beat your *** with the week previous. 

Texans lost: Was on Blake he turned the ball over 2x inside his own 40.

Eagles: Offense and defense.. Hackett couldn’t get anything going offensively until they were down like 16 points. That’s unacceptable. The defense kept on giving up 3rd and a mile how do you defend well enough to get them in 3rd and long and continuously let them convert? 

Archived