NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You get back to me when DeAndre Hunter is on an NBA All Star team, might be awhile.  Malcolm Brogdon was a better defender.  

Hunter probably won't be an All-Star but definitely has All-NBA Defense potential. Not every player is going to be an All-Star or All-NBA, doesn't mean they're not a good player. You say things like "these guys were top 10 picks and busted" as a reason why a guy that you've never seen play might be a bust. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hunter probably won't be an All-Star but definitely has All-NBA Defense potential. Not every player is going to be an All-Star or All-NBA, doesn't mean they're not a good player. You say things like "these guys were top 10 picks and busted" as a reason why a guy that you've never seen play might be a bust. 

You think I have never seen De'Andre Hunter play, well you are once again incorrect nice try.  He is greatly benefited by playing a PF position a lot in college and is defended by players who cannot guard him.  Things should look differently for him in the NBA especially on offense, his handle is questionable but does have a decent shot, will see if he will be another stretch 4 in the NBA sadly.  

PS you DO REALIZE Little was injured in that game and did not play the entire second half, oh mind you he barely even played the 1st half and barely saw the court.  Looks like someone might not watch the games....

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You think I have never seen De'Andre Hunter play, well you are once again incorrect nice try.  He is greatly benefited by playing a PF position a lot in college and is defended by players who cannot guard him.  Things should look differently for him in the NBA especially on offense, his handle is questionable but does have a decent shot, will see if he will be another stretch 4 in the NBA sadly.  

PS you DO REALIZE Little was injured in that game and did not play the entire second half, oh mind you he barely even played the 1st half and barely saw the court.  Looks like someone might not watch the games....

You said Hunter isn't a good defender when he's in the 95th percentile in defensive rating, lmao. He's a 3 at the next level but can definitely play some small ball 4 at 6'8" 225 with a 7'2" wingspan. A lot of NBA 3's play the 4 in college, Jayson Tatum did, he's fine as a perimeter player. Again, the college game isn't the NBA. 

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

outside of simmons and lebron, who else has been as big, strong, fast and has the ball handling skills that zion does? Legitimate question. I mean, who with those traits has clerly busted in the nba in recent memory? Seems like its the usual suspect being cranky.

There are a few, mind you none are as good of an athlete as Zion so that does come into play of course and is good for Zion.  But many were better shooters and or ball handlers or passers.  Zion is no Ben Simmons or LeBron in terms of his passing ability or handle, great handle for a thicker big player but is no Magic Johnson type either.  

*Marvin Williams - ran like a deer, could shoot, pass and defend.  Decent pro but not the elite player most expected him to be, could be a mentality issue most likely.  

*Royce White - mental problems hurt him at the next level but the kid was probably bigger than Zion and has better passing ability and handle.  Obviously never turned out for him in the league, never really got a chance but also could not ride airplanes either which is impossible to do in the NBA.

*Lamar Odom - insane talent in terms of his size and passing ability, had great handle just mentally was not there and clearly drugs got in the way with him.

*Mike Miller - was not really a bust for where he was drafted, in some ways was a bust.  Never could carry a team and be the super star, awesome handle, good shooter and passer just all around solid player coming into the league.  

*Al-Farouq Aminu - is not a bad player, still decent but I think his upside was a lot higher than what he has show.  Very long and lengthy, good handle and vision, just never has taken it to that next level in the league.

*Evan Turner - another guy, outstanding ball handling skills, defensive skills and just an all around player.  Never has been that in the NBA, bounced around a ton just never got to that elite level in the league.

*DerMarr Johnson - awesome handle for a long lean kid, a little skinny but never did make it big in the league.  Clearly strength was an issue for him.  

*Jared Jeffries - could literally do it all, pass, defend, drill, shoot.  Was a decent role player in the league but nothing elite at all, probably never had the mentality for it.  

*Josh Childress - all around good athletic guard who could do a variety of things.  Clearly left for Greece while in the NBA because he thought he was not getting what he should be getting paid.  

*Charlie Villanueva - big time athlete, had a little handle to his game and was an ok shooter.  Never was that elite in the NBA when he looked great at times in college.  

*Xavier Henry - huge kid, big and strong, not a great passer but was a thick athletic guard that never did anything really in the NBA.

Again none of them are really as thick or as big as Zion, and if one compares Zion's handle to other PF types he beats most of them I would say.  Still one cannot get a clear picture until he plays in the league.  Even the summer league will not show because Lonzo Ball ripped up that league, so did Johnny Flynn and Kris Dunn.  So will have to wait and see what he looks like against real competition and that will be for a little while.  

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You said Hunter isn't a good defender when he's in the 95th percentile in defensive rating, lmao. He's a 3 at the next level but can definitely play some small ball 4 at 6'8" 225 with a 7'2" wingspan. A lot of NBA 3's play the 4 in college, Jayson Tatum did, he's fine as a perimeter player. Again, the college game isn't the NBA. 

Yeah you talk a lot, you are bragging that he held a player who basically never played in the game to zero points as proof of his defensive greatness.  Good job.  Again maybe you should take your own apparent advice.  

And yeah the college game is not the NBA I have said that a lot, yet you feel ready to put your boyfriend in the Hall of Fame after beating up on a bunch of nobodies.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

There are a few, mind you none are as good of an athlete as Zion so that does come into play of course and is good for Zion.  But many were better shooters and or ball handlers or passers.  Zion is no Ben Simmons or LeBron in terms of his passing ability or handle, great handle for a thicker big player but is no Magic Johnson type either.  

*Marvin Williams - ran like a deer, could shoot, pass and defend.  Decent pro but not the elite player most expected him to be, could be a mentality issue most likely.  

*Royce White - mental problems hurt him at the next level but the kid was probably bigger than Zion and has better passing ability and handle.  Obviously never turned out for him in the league, never really got a chance but also could not ride airplanes either which is impossible to do in the NBA.

*Lamar Odom - insane talent in terms of his size and passing ability, had great handle just mentally was not there and clearly drugs got in the way with him.

*Mike Miller - was not really a bust for where he was drafted, in some ways was a bust.  Never could carry a team and be the super star, awesome handle, good shooter and passer just all around solid player coming into the league.  

*Al-Farouq Aminu - is not a bad player, still decent but I think his upside was a lot higher than what he has show.  Very long and lengthy, good handle and vision, just never has taken it to that next level in the league.

*Evan Turner - another guy, outstanding ball handling skills, defensive skills and just an all around player.  Never has been that in the NBA, bounced around a ton just never got to that elite level in the league.

*DerMarr Johnson - awesome handle for a long lean kid, a little skinny but never did make it big in the league.  Clearly strength was an issue for him.  

*Jared Jeffries - could literally do it all, pass, defend, drill, shoot.  Was a decent role player in the league but nothing elite at all, probably never had the mentality for it.  

*Josh Childress - all around good athletic guard who could do a variety of things.  Clearly left for Greece while in the NBA because he thought he was not getting what he should be getting paid.  

*Charlie Villanueva - big time athlete, had a little handle to his game and was an ok shooter.  Never was that elite in the NBA when he looked great at times in college.  

*Xavier Henry - huge kid, big and strong, not a great passer but was a thick athletic guard that never did anything really in the NBA.

None of these guys are anything like Zion. Lmao. Royce White and Evan Turner were extremely skilled but below average athletes. 

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

And yeah the college game is not the NBA I have said that a lot, yet you feel ready to put your boyfriend in the Hall of Fame after beating up on a bunch of nobodies.  

Duke has had one of the toughest schedules in the NCAA this year. If he's beating up "nobodies" then what is the rest of college basketball doing? Shouldn't literally every other prospect in the draft be knocked for the exact same thing? Lmao.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

None of these guys are anything like Zion. Lmao. 

I never said they were like Zion but you can pretend just like you pretend that Little played against Virginia, yet forget to yourself you said that. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You can't compare Zion to any other prospect, there's literally never been anyone like him. Evan Daniels said he's the most unique prospect that he has have ever covered in like 20+ years covering prep basketball. 

I agree, I was not comparing him to any of them it is just a list of players who are bigger who can handle, shoot, pass and defend and were decent athletes in college that I feel were busts in the NBA.  And yeah you better read whatever Evan Daniels says because clearly you have not watched basketball for 20 years, who old are you like 18?  

And how about you type lmao again, I did not get it the first ten times you typed it so do it again.  

As for Duke having this hard schedule, maybe but college basketball is flawed and is not as deep and as talented as you make it seem to be.  Let us see how Zion does against the big boys but that will not be for a long time, not till October of next year.  But no forget that put him in the Hall of Fame now and I am sure you would if you could, so would many that saw Michael Beasley play at Kansas State a few years back.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I never said they were like Zion but you can pretend just like you pretend that Little played against Virginia, yet forget to yourself you said that. 

I agree, I was not comparing him to any of them it is just a list of players who are bigger who can handle, shoot, pass and defend and were decent athletes in college that I feel were busts in the NBA.  And yeah you better read whatever Evan Daniels says because clearly you have not watched basketball for 20 years, who old are you like 18?  

And how about you type lmao again, I did not get it the first ten times you typed it so do it again.  

As for Duke having this hard schedule, maybe but college basketball is flawed and is not as deep and as talented as you make it seem to be.  Let us see how Zion does against the big boys but that will not be for a long time, not till October of next year.  But no forget that put him in the Hall of Fame now and I am sure you would if you could, so would many that saw Michael Beasley play at Kansas State a few years back.  

I was teasing you. Regardless, Hunter showed out against UNC and is going to be a top 10 pick in the draft because of his potential as a 3&D guy. 

He asked if there were any prospects in recent memory that were similar to Zion and you just named a ton of guys that are nothing like him at all. I'm going to trust one of the most well respected HS basketball scouts in the world's opinion more than yours. 

Duke has had the third hardest schedule in college basketball according to SOS. We can't judge or grade Zion as a prospect off of anything other than what he has done this year. Was Anthony Davis a bad prospect? Because he dominated nobodies in college and college's system is flawed, so based on your logic he should've busted, right? They've played the best of the best throughout the year and he has looked very good. Again, what does Michael Beasley, a player that's nothing like Zion, add to this discussion? You love to just discuss random prospects that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was teasing you. Regardless, Hunter showed out against UNC and is going to be a top 10 pick in the draft because of his potential as a 3&D guy. 

He asked if there were any prospects in recent memory that were similar to Zion and you just named a ton of guys that are nothing like him at all. I'm going to trust one of the most well respected HS basketball scouts in the world's opinion more than yours. 

Duke has had the third hardest schedule in college basketball according to SOS. We can't judge or grade Zion as a prospect off of anything other than what he has done this year. Was Anthony Davis a bad prospect? Because he dominated nobodies in college and college's system is flawed, so based on your logic he should've busted, right? They've played the best of the best throughout the year and he has looked very good. Again, what does Michael Beasley, a player that's nothing like Zion, add to this discussion? You love to just discuss random prospects that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

I discuss random prospects because I saw them play in college.  You think they are random probably because you either never saw them play or you were barely even alive when they did play.  So yeah it is a different opinion but at least I have seen players from the past.  I question how long you have actually watched basketball players or much less any college prospect in general.  Myself since around 1996-97.

Zion is great I agree and he is better than I thought, but one does need some perspective when viewing him.  I made the claim that the competition level is not very good at all, but part of that has to deal with Zion being just that athletically great, which he is.  As for teasing, no you literally did not watch the UNC Virginia game I feel, looked at the box score and spouted off something that simply did not happen between Little and Hunter.  And sure he will probably be a top 10 pick because who else you going to take?  It is not a crazy deep draft and like normal what 10-15 freshman will come out early and that many will be all 1st round picks.  That mean that are that great?  No the talent pool is obviously faulty and a little skewed.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I discuss random prospects because I saw them play in college.  You think they are random probably because you either never saw them play or you were barely even alive when they did play.  So yeah it is a different opinion but at least I have seen players from the past.  I question how long you have actually watched basketball players or much less any college prospect in general.  Myself since around 1996-97.

Zion is great I agree and he is better than I thought, but one does need some perspective when viewing him.  I made the claim that the competition level is not very good at all, but part of that has to deal with Zion being just that athletically great, which he is.  As for teasing, no you literally did not watch the UNC Virginia game I feel, looked at the box score and spouted off something that simply did not happen between Little and Hunter.  And sure he will probably be a top 10 pick because who else you going to take?  It is not a crazy deep draft and like normal what 10-15 freshman will come out early and that many will be all 1st round picks.  That mean that are that great?  No the talent pool is obviously faulty and a little skewed.

You'll legit start name and describing guys who are nothing like Zion in response to questions about Zion. Why? It doesn't add anything to the discussion when you're talking about guys like Evan Turner and Royce White. If you have something meaningful to say, I'll respond, but we're just talking in circles. 

Archived