NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Ranks in the 96th percentile in post up situations according to Synergy sports... you have any factual evidence to reject that?

For the last time, I dont care about college numbers. You can quote them until you're blue in the face, they don't mean anything whatsoever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

BK’s argument against Zion is that he can dunk good so he’s not a great player. He has no facts. I doubt he’s ever even watched Zion play. 

Yep. You got me, Bo. I disagree with you so I dont watch him. Man, take that **** to Twitter where it belongs.

Edited by beekay414

Usually when a someone critiques a player they have evidence to support their claims. The numbers are amazing, the tape is amazing, there’s just nothing he can even show to prove his false points. 

Apparently he’s not skilled offensively but is shooting nearly 80% FG against the best competition in college basketball. Imagine if he ever develops some skills; he’s gonna average 35 on 90% FG. 

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'm not even a huge Zion guy, I don't even think I've discussed him on this site really, but what separates him from a young Lebron? Serious question. Seems like they're both freak athletes who relied on attacking and finishing at the rim. 

Lebron length and speed go along way IMO. then there is quickness, handles and vision. Not that Zion doesn't have decent abilities, but Lebron really did all things mentioned above at a clear level above Zion IMO.

Edited by resilient part 2

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Elite post game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And no, I don't act like he's at full potential, thus why I said he's got developing to do. You literally have the worst reading comprehension I've ever seen. 

Can you answer my legit question at least before you stop talking about Zion :D

On 2/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, NYRaider said:

Usually when a someone critiques a player they have evidence to support their claims. The numbers are amazing, the tape is amazing, there’s just nothing he can even show to prove his false points. 

Apparently he’s not skilled offensively but is shooting nearly 80% FG against the best competition in college basketball. Imagine if he ever develops some skills; he’s gonna average 35 on 90% FG. 

Zion has been playing out of his mind recently.  Gets freaking steals and takes it the length for a throw down, has amazing blocks, takes guys off the bounce from the three point line and attacks the rim, gives outstanding effort and drops in a few shots now and again.  Originally yeah I thought he was just an elite athlete and dunker but he is clearly more than just that.  He is a super elite prospect sure but again the competition he has in college hurts.  Even against Virginia today, I do not view this as a big time matchup against big time prospects because all the elite prospects are on one team.  Maybe Virginia will put up a fight but really they have no shot against Duke with the matchups that are there, especially with Jones back at PG.  Ty Jerome I like as a PG though but even with him he will not be some super star in the NBA. Still waiting for UNC but even with them Little might still be no match for Zion either and the rest on UNC are not amazing players in terms of the next level, maybe White but not quite sold on him yet. 

One just does not get super elite prospects playing against each other in college basketball that often. Even the stacked teams all the good FR just leave instantly so it makes for a pretty lame season year in and year out, lucky for them they have the tournament to bring so excitement to things.   I can remember in 2011 Duke vs UNC had a decent amount of pro prospects in it.  But now looking back really only one of them turned into a great player in the NBA the rest simply did not.

Kentucky
Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Terrence Jones
D. Lamb
M. Teague

UNC
Harrison Barnes
Tyler Zeller
Jon Henson
R. Bullock
K. Marshall

That type of matchup rarely happens so again to my point it will be a lot different how Zion looks against equal to greater athletes in the NBA.  Regardless he will be the #1 pick all day long and there is zero question about it.  But hopefully for him he turns out and becomes a star because if not the hype around him, the guy will have it rough because everyone on earth expects him to be the next big thing so he better be.   

Any big tall skinny dude will be projected as a next potential NBA star, especially if they show any ability to shoot the basketball and the taller the better.  Let me guess Nicolas Claxton will be getting some buzz because of what he has shown this season no doubt.  Heck Dedric Lawson who is not even that great of a player will be getting draft talk because of his size and skill at times, by the way Kansas sucks and that has to be one of the worst Kansas teams in a long time, glad K-State beat them earlier this week.  They really miss Azubuike no doubt in the middle, oh another big guy shows skill and could be drafted.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ethan happ is basically kevin mchale, do with that what you will

Kevin McHale could shoot a freaking free throw.  Happ's shot is awful and not sure how that will play in the NBA if he even gets a chance.  People loved Frank Kaminsky coming out but he has not done amazing things in the league, and he is a way better shooter than Happ.  Happ does have some nice post moves and is surprisingly nimble with good ball skills for someone who is awful at shooting.

But yeah just like Adam Morrison was Larry Bird, and so what Mike Dunleavy Jr, Keith Van Horn and Jimmer Fredette was supposed to be I do not even know...

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Kevin McHale could shoot a freaking free throw.  Happ's shot is awful and not sure how that will play in the NBA if he even gets a chance.  People loved Frank Kaminsky coming out but he has not done amazing things in the league, and he is a way better shooter than Happ.  Happ does have some nice post moves and is surprisingly nimble with good ball skills for someone who is awful at shooting.

But yeah just like Adam Morrison was Larry Bird, and so what Mike Dunleavy Jr, Keith Van Horn and Jimmer Fredette was supposed to be I do not even know...

I was exaggerating lol. But McHale probably wouldn't be so awesome playing today anyways. 

Also the appropriate white guy you are looking for is probably Steve Nash since Curry is mixed.

The thing about Zion is that he plays really smart as well. Kids in the right place for steals, blocks, or easy looks. That combined with his athleticism and hustle means you are essentially guaranteed a good player.

Even if he never improves from today, hes still worth a top 5 pick. If he improves a little he's an all star. If he improves a lot hes a potential super star. Kids got tons of tools.