NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Let's not act like Ja can't shoot, that is overselling it. 34% 3 point rate is just a little bit below average at the college level. Sure he is not a great shooter, but A) I really don't think he needs to be anything more than a competent 3 point shooter at the next level to be worthy of a top 3 pick and B) that being said, you look at his FT% as BK pointed out, and there's definitely reason to be optimistic he can improve the jump shot with some tweaks. 

He's going to be a defensive liability as well though. He's not a terrible shooter but you'd like to see him hit at a higher clip, especially against such terrible competition. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Is there any legitimate challenger to go top 5 over Zion, Ja, RJ, Culver or Reddish? Could Bol supplant Reddish? Maybe Jaxson Hayes? I'm having a hard time seeing it but the draft always has a WTF pick.

Bol Bol is the guy that I'm expecting to rise the most during the pre-draft stuff. He looked good in limited action at Oregon this year and showed that he can stretch the floor and block shots. He's going to measure in at around 7'2" with a 7'10" wingspan and will interview well. If he looks fluid in his workouts and shoots the ball well I think he'll shoot up draft boards. He's one of those guys like Thon Maker, the lack of tape on him should actually help his draft stock because there's not a lot that they can critique him on with such a limited sample size to work with.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Bol Bol is the guy that I'm expecting to rise the most during the pre-draft stuff. He looked good in limited action at Oregon this year and showed that he can stretch the floor and block shots. He's going to measure in at around 7'2" with a 7'10" wingspan and will interview well. If he looks fluid in his workouts and shoots the ball well I think he'll shoot up draft boards. He's one of those guys like Thon Maker, the lack of tape on him should actually help his draft stock because there's not a lot that they can critique him on with such a limited sample size to work with.

Bol Bol is most unpredictable guy to me. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go #6 or #20 to be honest. On one hand he is a giant that can put the ball on the floor and stretch the floor, on the other hand.. he is a giant, and even though I would say he is fairly athletic for his size, it's not going to be easy for him defensively in this small ball era. Thon Maker is a great comparison in terms of draft stock, there's a lot of mystique there, and he could be 30 spots different on one team's big board compared to another. One thing for sure is there is huge upside, just like with Thon, so I could see a lottery team, that falls out of the range for where they think they can find a building block, decide to roll the dice on him, knowing full well the odds of him being unable to stay on the floor (whether it be injuries or inability to defend) are probably the same as the odds he looks like another unicorn.

Personally I am a fan, think he is worth the gamble. Foot injury is his biggest red flag, as it is for any man of his size. I am really not too worried about his fit, I think his length and rim protection can make up for any struggles he may have out in space. On offense he can obviously be a monster with his combo of size and skill.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Is there any legitimate challenger to go top 5 over Zion, Ja, RJ, Culver or Reddish? Could Bol supplant Reddish? Maybe Jaxson Hayes? I'm having a hard time seeing it but the draft always has a WTF pick.

Rui and Romeo.

40 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Personally I am a fan, think he is worth the gamble. Foot injury is his biggest red flag, as it is for any man of his size. I am really not too worried about his fit, I think his length and rim protection can make up for any struggles he may have out in space. On offense he can obviously be a monster with his combo of size and skill.

After the top 3-5 guys it's a crapshoot this year and the draft is all about upside. Not saying it will happen but you'd draft him to be a Porzingis / Gobert type of hybrid player if he reaches his upside. 

Archived