Golden Tate traded to Eagles

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Marvin Jones FINALLY gets his wish to be a #1.  Let's see how this works out.

He's been their #1 the entire time. Teams stick their #1 corner on him which is why he doesn't get targeted a ton.

4 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

???

So...you bring up Jenkins, Darby, and Jeffery and with the caveat that most good players are taken in the first or second round. 

Then I bring up players on the team with the caveat that there are plenty of good players beyond the first or second round. 

And your response is that those guys don’t matter because they weren’t drafted by the Eagles? You know that not only is who drafted them irrelevant to how valuable andraft pick is, but also that Jeffery, Darby, and Jenkins weren’t drafted by the Eagles, right?

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I addressed it in my most recent post.

Okay. So how does the post you made in response to minutemancl address his point? 

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

The fact that you think we have some talented group of playmakers at receiver just because we have AJ and Ertz is laughable, as it is when anyone else tries to say so.

Quote where I said that? That’d be helpful.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's not worth the effort dude

Clearly. 

I said that almost all of our best players have been guys we drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. And that is 100% true. 

How do you not understand that a draft picks value can vary by the GM who actually chooses what to do with that pick?

I love Howie. But he has mostly missed on 3rd round or later draft picks. 

All of the guys you named, minus Kelce, weren't drafted by us. So how the hell is it relevant when discussing the Eagles and their draft picks? 

When you're listing off names like Sproles, McLeod, etc to try and help your own argument, you've already lost. 

45 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Kind of an odd move to make though. They aren't struggling because of lack of passing options. Wentz is playing really well and he's got Ertz, Jeffery, Agholor, Goedert to throw to. The problem for the Eagles on offense has been lack of a running game with underwhelming backs and poor protection that coincides with Lane Johnson and Jason Peters being dinged up a lot. Unless they want to make Tate a RB, which might actually work as he is super good with the ball in his hands, I don't see how this is the baseball trade move to get them over the hump. It's like if the Red Sox made a trade for an outfielder before the trade deadline. Tate is a really good player and adding really good players is good, but this could definitely be a terrible trade if he leaves after this season and the Eagles don't repeat.

This!

Look adding any legit weapon on offense is always a good thing no matter the position but was it really the biggest need? NO! However Pederson might be taking the Andy Reid 2019 Chiefs approach. Get as many Playmakers who can create mismatches on the field as possible for your FQB! From that line of thinking I'm OK with it. What I'm not OK with is the complete disreguard in addressing the RB position? That should of been priority #1 after losing basically all 3 from last year Blount, Ajayi and a Gimpy Clement!

I will say to those who keep referring to Tate as a 8 game rental this trade did accomplish 1 thing. Now Howie can use both as leverage in negotiations for who signs next year long term, Nelly or Tate. Who wants to stay, who wants to go. Now that line of thinking will obviously backfire if both Agholor and Tate leave via FA but it does make for an interesting dynamic come negotiations.

I can think of a lot worse options then lining up Agholor and Tate side by side in the slot and asking opposing teams CB3/4 who you got?. Just saying!

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I said that almost all of our best players have been guys we drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. And that is 100% true. 

You said this: “Sorry, but I just find it laughable how so many people are stuck in the past when looking at draft picks, namely 3rd round or later.“ 

So no, you didn’t say that. You may have meant it, in your head, but it’s not what you said. In fact, what you said was that you don’t understand @minutemancl‘s logic, and then didn’t even address his point - whether you didn’t understand it or chose not to read it, is debatable.

I assume the latter, since you thought I called the Eagles weapons a bunch of great pass catchers - when I didn’t at all. But you ignored that part, where I said to quote it. 

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

All of the guys you named, minus Kelce, weren't drafted by us. So how the hell is it relevant when discussing the Eagles and their draft picks? 

And neither were Jeffery, Darby, or Jenkins - guys you mentioned. So if you were only intending to discuss players the Eagles have drafted, why bring them up too? 

Having Tate does make up for a lack of a running game a bit though. Teams are using the quick passing game to make up for a lack of the run game these days. Between Ertz, Sproles & Tate they can get creative with the short passing game.

6 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Having Tate does make up for a lack of a running game a bit though. Teams are using the quick passing game to make up for a lack of the run game these days. Between Ertz, Sproles & Tate they can get creative with the short passing game.

Hell Pederson destroyed Sproles 1st game of the season when he tried giving him 20 touches in a game. Hasn't seen the field since. However maybe He too can be added to this Offense that lets be real has seen him but a handful of games in almost 2 years. Treat him like another FA.

Empty backfield after Sproles goes in motion. Who you Got Defense? Alshon, Ertz, Tate, Sproles, Agholor

Could be interesting/entertaining at times.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You said this: “Sorry, but I just find it laughable how so many people are stuck in the past when looking at draft picks, namely 3rd round or later.“ 

So no, you didn’t say that. You may have meant it, in your head, but it’s not what you said. In fact, what you said was that you don’t understand @minutemancl‘s logic, and then didn’t even address his point - whether you didn’t understand it or chose not to read it, is debatable.

I assume the latter, since you thought I called the Eagles weapons a bunch of great pass catchers - when I didn’t at all. But you ignored that part, where I said to quote it. 

At this point, this argument is about semantics and undercuts the real topic at hand. And underscores the fact that I haven't seen you make one original opinion on anything. You're like a bad mediator at a middle school debate competition

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

And neither were Jeffery, Darby, or Jenkins - guys you mentioned. So if you were only intending to discuss players the Eagles have drafted, why bring them up too? 

Fair enough. 

So we will stick to the players that we have drafted. 

Who have we taken lately that you would say is a true difference maker on this team in the 3rd round or later?

Jordan Hicks and Corey Clement? Lol.

Ertz, Goedert, Lane Johnson, Wentz, Cox, Graham, Barnett, and Sidney Jones are all 1st or 2nd round picks. We don't have any truly foundational players on our team right now that we drafted in the 3rd round or later. Kelce. That's about it 

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

At this point, this argument is about semantics and undercuts the real topic at hand. And underscores the fact that I haven't seen you make one original opinion on anything. You're like a bad mediator at a middle school debate competition

Well there’s the disconnect. If you opened with “the Eagles suck at using third rounders or beyond” then I probably wouldn’t have even responded to your post. You made the comment about the third rounders, which is what I disagreed with.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Fair enough. 

So we will stick to the players that we have drafted. 

Who have we taken lately that you would say is a true difference maker on this team in the 3rd round or later?

Jordan Hicks and Corey Clement? Lol.

Ertz, Goedert, Lane Johnson, Wentz, Cox, Graham, Barnett, and Sidney Jones are all 1st or 2nd round picks. We don't have any truly foundational players on our team right now that we drafted in the 3rd round or later. Kelce. That's about it 

Yup, you’re right. The Eagles (like most teams, I would assume) hit more in the 1st and 2nd than they do vs later picks. I never disagreed with that.

You including Jeffery, Darby, and Jenkins led me to believe that you weren’t discussing the Eagle’s drafting - just drafting in general.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
27 minutes ago, rizzy said:

It's a good trade imo if he works there you try and sign him long term if he leaves you get a comp pick.

Eagles would get a comp pick if he walks? 

Yep. Going to get one for either Tate or Agholor or Possibly both God forbid. Probably a 4th/5th back in 2021. Not a bad gamble more I think about it.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Yep. Going to get one for either Tate or Agholor or Possibly both God forbid.

Nice. This reads less and less as a pure "8 game rental." Positive way to look at it is that we get to a tryout a guy who could be a top notch slot WR for us over the next couple years... if we don't like what we see, oh well, should tell us a little more about what types of WRs work and don't work in this offense and we get a nice little comp pick to soften the blow of the 3rd we traded.

Archived