Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

The bright side for Rams fans, is that their team now gets to be super motivated if they meet the Saints in the playoffs.  

And, hopefully, we'll have Talib. Being able to give safety help to Peters while leaving Talib on an island against Thomas changes this game. No guarantees our defense is any better, but it's hard for it to be worse.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Again, you keep saying that, but I'm not the only Rams fan who remembers this crew.

you're not the only member of an obviously biased group who would be predisposed to harboring that view? well **** me sideways.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

you're not the only member of an obviously biased group who would be predisposed to harboring that view? well **** me sideways.

Again, who else watches and analyzes every Rams game to the point where they'd see something like that? Because we're Rams fans we must be wrong? And it's just a coincidence that I was right today? Okay, Hope.

Just now, jrry32 said:

And, hopefully, we'll have Talib. Being able to give safety help to Peters while leaving Talib on an island against Thomas changes this game. No guarantees our defense is any better, but it's hard for it to be worse.

Talib can certainly do a better job on Thomas.  It was hard to do worse than Peters, but I think Talib is one of the worst matchups for Thomas.  

What scares me even more, is Donald.  We did a good job of limiting him today, but next time may not go so well.  Interior pressure is one of the best ways to beat Brees, and Donald is the best in the game.

30 minutes ago, The LBC said:

If there's one assessment I can make of Peters it's that no amount of bad play is going to affect his confidence (honestly, at this point that's a bad thing because it's a lack of humility, I feel like, is the biggest impetus to him showing any willingness to make adjustments in his game).  Dude has an ego the size of Ric Flair.

That was my original view on this, but clearly he has never experienced this. He was getting super upset towards the end of the game and it can't be fun to be picked around the way he has been lately. I just don't see how it benefits anyone at this point to have him following opposing teams #1 WRs. If he plays his side it could help him get his confidence/form back. That's what he was used to of playing in KC as @Jakuvious mentioned. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was my original view on this, but clearly he has never experienced this. He was getting super upset towards the end of the game and it can't be fun to be picked around the way he has been lately. I just don't see how it benefits anyone at this point to have him following opposing teams #1 WRs. If he plays his side it could help him get his confidence/form back. That's what he was used to of playing in KC as @Jakuvious mentioned. 

At this point, I'd just put him on the #2 WR and give Shields or Hill safety help on the #1 WR.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

At this point, I'd just put him on the #2 WR and give Shields or Hill safety help on the #1 WR.

Even that would work. NE used to do that quite often a few years ago. But I mean do any of the corners really have to leave their sides? Why not just keep Peters on the left side? Or is Wade's system just set up that way to have the corners follow certain WRs? 

2 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Saints were the better team tonight and won it fair and square despite the homer's cry of "the refs screwed us...I got analytics to prove it, bro" posts..

You're 8-1.  Act better than this.

Did Hekker get that first down?

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even that would work. NE used to do that quite often a few years ago. But I mean do any of the corners really have to leave their sides? Why not just keep Peters on the left side? Or is Wade's system just set up that way to have the corners follow certain WRs? 

I imagine he prefers to have them leave sides to better allow him to adjust for the opposing players.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I imagine he prefers to have them leave sides to better allow him to adjust for the opposing players.

I feel like those aren't good adjustments though if it involves Peters in man on Michael Thomas in the slot. That's a horrendous matchup. Even would've been when Peters was playing at an all-pro level, just from a skillset perspective.

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I feel like those aren't good adjustments though if it involves Peters in man on Michael Thomas in the slot. That's a horrendous matchup. Even would've been when Peters was playing at an all-pro level, just from a skillset perspective.

I don't think he typically was on Thomas when he lined up in the slot. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

At least three of the catches from what I remember had Peters on Thomas in the slot. But two of them involved Thomas motioning to the slot as Brees was snapping the ball so he didn't really have a choice. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At least three of the catches from what I remember had Peters on Thomas in the slot. But two of them involved Thomas motioning to the slot as Brees was snapping the ball so he didn't really have a choice. 

Well, that's a bit of a different situation. When Thomas lined up in the slot originally, I recall Joyner or NRC covering him.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The fact that he ever was was clearly enough of a problem. I just know he was from the start on the long TD.

I'm sure Peters can play RCB. But I know we made sure he was never in the slot, unless there was no WR out wide on the right side. Just doesn't have the short area quickness.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

The fact that he ever was was clearly enough of a problem. I just know he was from the start on the long TD.

I'm sure Peters can play RCB. But I know we made sure he was never in the slot, unless there was no WR out wide on the right side. Just doesn't have the short area quickness.

He wasn't. Ingram motioned out of the backfield.

Archived