Steeler vs. Panthers Thurday Night Football Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

Who: 401030653.png?templateId=espn.com.share.

When: Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:20 pm 

steelers-vs-panthers-1.jpg

Where: Pittsburgh, PA Heinz Stadium

heinz-stadium-aerial-establishing-shot-a

5 Keys to victory on Offense:usa_today_10417023.0.jpg

1. Protect Big Ben

2. Don't give up on running Connor early and often

3. Eliminate pre-snap penalties

4. Stay out of third and long situations

5.Get Brown and Ju Ju going

5 Keys to victory on DefenseCam+Newton+Christian+McCaffrey+Atlanta+F

1. Win the turnover battle

2. Control the line of scrimmage

3. Keep Christian in check

4. Tackle well

5. Pressure, pressure and more pressure on Cam

Honey's are here:

13e6cdd9bce43db47611ca5caa29392f--beauti

a6795854999e3ce263d86cc568098ddb.jpg

sexy-irina-shayk-wallpapers-1920x1200-39

They cannot allow Cam to get out of the the pocket and run wild. Containment is the key to victory.  Their WRs are average. The big plays are almost always the result of some kind chicanery. Stay disciplined. CMac will cause problems in the Flat and stretch runs with heavy footed ILBs. Hoepfully Edmunds and/or Burnett can make up for that. 

• Cam Newton is, to me, the trump card here.  The Carolina WRs don't scare me at all.  McCaffery is legit but I think our defense can handle him.  Containing Newton is gonna be key, I have a feeling he is gonna be quick to run the ball himself.  

• Defensively, we have to rush the passer often and successfully, Cam is not a very accurate QB under pressure.  There's a real chance for our defense to come up with some turnovers.

• Offensively we've gotta keep the ball away from Kuechly and get Conner going early and often.

27-17 Pittsburgh is my prediction.

41 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Situational playcalling was Haley's weakness and is so far that is Randy's strength.

Arians was bad in the redzone also.  It is nice to finally see some power runs from goal to go situations instead of wr screens 

43 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Arians was bad in the redzone also.  It is nice to finally see some power runs from goal to go situations instead of wr screens 

I think Connor has a lot to do with that too. We haven't had a good redzone runner since Bettis. Bell was phenomenal between the 20s but couldn't do jack in the redzone. Then people stopped respecting the run and we were forced to throw, which everyone was waiting for.  Mendy and Parker were the same. 

32 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Gilbert out again. 

I feel like its time to consider moving on from Gilbert. When he is healthy he is a really good tackle and I'm not going to sit here and say he's not but there is a time where I would have and frankly I have said that in the past but he has really become a very good part of our offensive line. Having said that man it seems like he's injured every year and for multiple games and with as much as he cost I don't know I feel like it's just time to move on

Archived