Packers Forum Introduction Thread - Come Introduce Yourself!

CWood21

Hey everyone, I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

Chicagoland area based cheesehead, in my mid 30s now and some of my earliest memories were the super bowls with Favre and crew.  Living in the Chicagoland area meant I got to hear about it Monday through Saturday but ill be damned if we haven't had more fun on Sunday over the last few decades.

Been going to games now for about 20 years after my dad was offered a crack at Milwaukee package tickets, he had been waiting for about 30 years when the opportunity arose.  I've always loved the Packers, but I somehow loved them more once I had my first experience at Lambeau as 12 year old kid.

Joining the forum because I am looking for a new spot to talk Packers, tried the Discord and was not digging the vibe, and forums like this have always been my preference (was on the Scout forum for a long time for CFB).

Glad to be here and GPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

So maybe a dumb, noob question on my part.

But how do you like a post?  I have the option to share a post, but cannot like it.

Is it because im still a new member or something?

Also, thank you all for the warm welcome, already really enjoying my time on here.

• Like 1

Just now, PackersGarfield said:

So maybe a dumb, noob question on my part.

But how do you like a post?  I have the option to share a post, but cannot like it.

Is it because im still a new member or something?

Also, thank you all for the warm welcome, already really enjoying my time on here.

Lower right corner of post is a mini football icon

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Lower right corner of post is a mini football icon

Yeah that is where I figured it would be but its not there for me for whatever reason.

I can see the mini football icon when other users like a post, but if a post has no likes, I see nothing.  

Wonder if it could be a browser issue, Ill mess around with it a bit and report back if im still stuck.  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, PackersGarfield said:

Yeah that is where I figured it would be but its not there for me for whatever reason.

I can see the mini football icon when other users like a post, but if a post has no likes, I see nothing.  

Wonder if it could be a browser issue, Ill mess around with it a bit and report back if im still stuck.  Thanks!

You can’t like posts for a bit after joining, can’t remember if it’s after a certain number of posts made or after a certain time. Just post normally and you’ll see it eventually.

Welcome btw!

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

You can’t like posts for a bit after joining, can’t remember if it’s after a certain number of posts made or after a certain time. Just post normally and you’ll see it eventually.

Welcome btw!

Ah understood, thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - I'm a newbie, just signed up and so thought I should begin here as per tradition 🙂  I'm an old guy and have lived in Colorado more than half of my life; but was born and raised in Indy before they stole the Colts from Baltimore and so became a diehard Packers fan around 4 (or so) when we took a trip to Wisconsin to see the stadium and such (my Dad was a lifelong fan, so it was a comfortable generational fit) 🙃  Don't truly remember the fist two Super Bowls, but technically I was around for them...suffered through the lean years as a kid and have enjoyed most of the last two great QB's eras.  Thinking to jump in now that the season's about to start up for what may hopefully turn out to be another multi-year round of quality football.  I was a fan of Ted's (and now the whole front office) so my name's a sort of memorial tribute to him and what he's meant to the organization.  Too many "favorites" down through the years to mention, so I'll adopt two of our newest additions as my designates for this season - Willis, because he sounds like a good man, and Narveson because I think we're all hoping he's the kicker we've been seeking after.  I'm kind of a freak/geek in that I'm still a bit fond of all of the former NFC Central teams (less so the Vikes, but I feel sorry for their fans) since that was what we could see back then.  Don't think anyone would probably remember much my music, movie or TV favorites in this new world; but I'm happy to still be around and to have a little time to talk smack.  Just checking in - slap me upside the head if I get out of line, thanks 🤪

• Like 6

Unless your music is rooted in the 50's you will find several older guys on this site who remember the 60's and 70 well. That was (in my opinion) the best and most diverse time for music - and the evolution of music from 1965 to 1975 was quite something to experience as you grew up.

Anyway this is a football site so enough of the music nostalgia, welcome to FF.

• Like 2