The Burbs Mafia is over! TOUCH MASSACRED EVERYONE

Dome

8 hours ago, James said:

I don't see a worthwhile discussion right now. And I haven't voted. This was pretty much the point of my response to swag earlier. Nothing that happened so far seems worth much right now; I'm not comfortable voting for someone at this point.

Let's not forget about James

8 hours ago, SwAg said:

Where’s the logic, Mr. Logic?  Why did you vote for the guy threatening to ability claim when I specifically asked people to not do so until he answered my final question?  I EAGERLY AWAIT YOUR REPLY

His ability claim means nothing to me and it shouldn't mean anything to you. If he hints at his ability via your questioning, that doesn't at all make him truthful. I also do not necessarily trust you and you certainly can't tell me how to interpret situations. KSJ very clearly claimed it was very likely that 2 Ricky's Friend didn't make it into this game. I vote for the person who I think is most likely mafia and I think your claim is very town motivated. And yes, I think it's more likely there's not two Ricky's Friends then Orca is actually protector or that I'd believe his claim or hints.

8 hours ago, The Orca said:

I even waited until I votes to claim the character. I know the people who were on me. They were not changing votes without an absolute reason...which makes claiming D1 sometimes necessary imo. Also...talk stuff out helps

You're wrong. I change off people all the time. I actually changed off of you and called you civ until you claimed AND someone verified your claim was likely to be bogus. If anything that's absolute reason to be on you regardless of your ability claim which I know you'll lie about.

8 hours ago, James said:

I don't ever know what I could add in games that devolve this quickly. Even last game with the day 2 debacles I couldn't really get involved. The situation hasn't changed that much, and I said all I really have to say in my response earlier. I don't think sticking around to repeat the same idea 20 times would really help.

8 hours ago, James said:

Also I just started the movie and Bruce Dern looks like Walton Goggins. Felt like I needed to share that.

James says when he's scum he's nervous and all over the place. Maybe I'm seeing things but he's had these that are completely off from each other. He's had one long post that was game related.

8 hours ago, The Orca said:

@Pickle Rick

What do you think of KSJ. He seems oddly different tone wise when my lynch was getting closer. Sure of himself.  Not sure I've seen that from him

9 hours ago, The Orca said:

Now you know my frustration. Yet there is a couple people who basically haven't posted. But let's make up reasons to lynch a civ who is a power role...cause wait what's the reason....I actually made a legit post about you lol. No one had a single ******* reason. 

Look at pickle and Matt's who kind of stayed quiet after the heat was on me. Just giving you some help while I'm still here.

See, this is why people vote you. The first post implies you trust Pickle Rick and think he's a civ, but yet a couple of pages earlier, you give him as one of your two parting thoughts for scum. Do you not see this?

18 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I said I wouldn't tell you but I guess I will because it is unfortunately relevant to this game.

You are missing information. Orca cares more about his survival than anything else. He is willing to claim whatever to get votes off of him. We had a game with a completely open setup. All roles were posted in the OP. Orca gets votes and he then claims Universal Backup (who was then the doctor) as a vanilla Civ. He'd rather out the real town doctor then get lynched as vanilla civ.

That's why I was angry about what I misinterpreted as your counterclaim (the "I know he's telling the truth" post). I thought you were saying "I know he's telling the truth because I'm the same role" which I get was stupid to think. I assume you missed it, but I actually responded to Orca claiming ability. My "claim fest" post was not directed towards that.

Happy now?

This is accurate.

8 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

@The Orca Here was the string of posts you were referring to.  It appears to me as though he really wants you lynched bc of the back to back posts voting you and then a third one thrown in for good measure.  He then proceeds to hedge his vote by second guessing himself by looking at the opening post. He then does a double hedge by mentioning that a protector role doesn't make sense for ricky's friend. 

This string of posts is ksj unsure of how to vote, possibly bc he doesn't want to be the hammer on you and draw more attention to himself. 

Looking at the above, along with the fact that ksj appears to be more invested in this game, posting much more, and talking like he is more sure of himself (probably due to his knowledge of the show), I would lean scum on him. 

KSJ has a history of lurking as both town and scum. His activity is likely related to his interest in the source material and likely non alignment indicative.

8 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Your voting spree was the cause of the discussion, IMO, between SwAg and Orca. Figure I'd post where you voted to help out the group.

Given what I've witnessed/read in past games, especially between Matts and Orca, I thought it was an applicable post. Can be hard for "newbies" when you guys bring up crap from last games and make/rely on reads from previous games.

Except the Orca train wasn't losing steam. Matts was saying it was too easy.

Pretty much the equivalent of relying on a prior games read which isn't a foreign concept in this group.

Of course I would be worried about other roles, this is my 2nd time playing "Mafia". Rather than googling "jester" role I figured I'd ask the group I'm playing with what it meant. Seems like you and Untouch are the only ones that seemed to question this question.

Well, given there was further discussion between SwAg and Orca, yeah it led back you...where it all started. Go figure.

Would the source material not be relevant when discussing the game? Especially when we have 2 players claiming the same role?

Hopefully this formatting makes sense.

Okay, I guess.

It's applicable in that you're right that an Orca lynch would make Swag and Matts happy. Your response is not applicable in the sense that that's a scummy reason to get behind a lynch.

*could lose steam. Sorry.

No. It's not at all. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying, just because Orca always bickers with Matts and might with Swag, doesn't mean Orca is scum.

Focusing on finding the Other is a reliable scum tell. It certainly doesn't tell everything, but early on, mafia are more interested in finding Others than town. With the exception of the Jester which I don't add to my considerations, Others' win conditions usually involve surviving until the very end. If it's a Serial Killer, then letting them live for a couple days is pro town as their hit is essentially a vig hit. The only time an Other is more dangerous than mafia is when it's a cult, which there isn't a cult in a game this size or it's VERY limited. You're newer so I get why you'd ask, but Other hunting IS a scum tell.

Source material is relevant when discussing the game and that's kind of the point. Scum want to discuss the game because that's what civs do. However, they don't want to scum hunt because they can't really. Thus, discussing source material is an easy way to talk about the game and add to the discussion without having to exit a certain comfort zone. It's not a tell on its own, but when it's combined with the other factors, it becomes a lot more relevant.

7 hours ago, The Orca said:

Looks like I'm alive for the time being until tonight.  Lets talk claiming. Claiming D1 to prevent a mislynch is totally a worthwhile scenario, especially in a majority lynch scenario. No reason to let the vote hang for a day or so imo. 

It's a bad assumption that Mafia will automatically kill me...or not kill me. They will have to make the choice. If they have to make a choice they can slip up or at worse it gives us more ideas to form an opinion the next day. 

I disagree

Archived