Stan Lee, Marvel Comics co-creator dies at 95

Acgott

On 11/12/2018 at 1:26 PM, The Gnat said:

That's a shame, was talking about it with co-workers, makes us wonder how many  more of the MCU movies we'll get to see him in one more time. He's a legend will not be forgotten

I know he had been doing cameo shoots for future movies, but no one has any clue how far ahead that goes.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, PapaShogun said:

From Yancy Street to Asgard, it's been a heck of a ride. Thanks Stan. 

Awesome post. Thanks, dude. 

Damn, this one stings. What he's done for the comic book industry is unparalleled. He was responsible for many generations of iconic characters and stories that helped shape Marvel as the top brand. Sadly, we all knew he wasn't gonna be around much longer, but it was great to see him live long enough to see Marvel get all their film properties back (X-Men and Fantastic Four), hell of a way to go out. 

Rest peacefully, Stan, you deserve it.

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Still honors him without resorting to CGI'ing him (unless he wanted that, but I have no idea).

I hope he didnt. The general practice seems tacky to me. Tarkin was fine because it was a pre-existing character that would be hard to write out his not being present. But to do it with new material where it isnt necessary irks me. Im afraid of what we will get in the new Star Wars movie with Carrie Fisher.  

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I hope he didnt. The general practice seems tacky to me. Tarkin was fine because it was a pre-existing character that would be hard to write out his not being present. But to do it with new material where it isnt necessary irks me. Im afraid of what we will get in the new Star Wars movie with Carrie Fisher.  

Kind of depends on the person.  If it were me, i'd kind of like the idea of being CGi'd into cameos like that, but I definitely see why some people wouldn't like that.  If any doubt, then i'd say don't do it, but still do the things like have him in background pictures or some other little subtle tribute that doesn't detract from the plot.

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

but still do the things like have him in background pictures or some other little subtle tribute that doesn't detract from the plot.

Im definitely down with that. If Stan gave the green light and was like, yes, cgi the F outta me when Im gone, by all means. Any other situation, however, strikes me as exploitation. 

Archived