Predict the 2019 coaching changes.

Superman(DH23)

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, the Packers are going to fire Mike McCarthy and hire their former OC/QB coach who hasn't coached in the last two years?  If they're moving on from McCarthy, it's because they're going to go in a different coaching direction.  IF Green Bay's HC gig becomes open, you have to figure it'll be one of the premier spots and most candidates preferred spot.  I think DeFilippo is the obvious choice here given his ties to Mike Pettine (2015 Browns OC for Pettine).  It's almost too natural of a fit.

I thought they brought back Clement this year? I was guessing him bc ik he and Rodgers are close, and I'm calling this the Friends of Rodgers offseason.  I'm 99% certain Flip is going to NYJ.  My 1% doubt is if Buffalo comes open, I think it would be really enticing for him to work with a guy with the gifts ofAllen, especially given the success he had with Wentz

If the Packers get rid of McCarthy it has to be an offensive coach who can create a scheme to squeeze the best years out of Rogers career. I don't see Rogers getting as many open looks as other QBs in the league or any sort of innovation in offense. McCarthy has been a HC for a very long time and I don't think he is one to incorporate new ideas like Reid.

My bet would be DeFlipio as their next HC.

Archived