Predict the 2019 coaching changes.

Superman(DH23)

Those are all terrible hires outside of John Harbaugh. 

John Harbaugh

Lincoln Riley

Jim Schwartz 

Bruce Arians (he wants the Browns only)

These are the only four that look appealing to me. Browns will have their choice between Riley and Arians. If they hire McCarthy they should just give up being a football team. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Lol... You are uninformed.

Am I? How so? Are you denying the fact that Jerry has to be involved in personnel decisions, or that he wants credit for the team winning? Or that Jason Garrett is a puppet? How uninformed am I?  I get that without Jerry Jones that's a very attractive job, but as long as Jerry insists on being part of the process I dont see them getting any high profile candidate in there.  

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Those are all terrible hires outside of John Harbaugh. 

John Harbaugh

Lincoln Riley

Jim Schwartz 

Bruce Arians (he wants the Browns only)

These are the only four that look appealing to me. Browns will have their choice between Riley and Arians. If they hire McCarthy they should just give up being a football team. 

So you say all the choices are terrible but dont really back up any of your statement.  Jon D and Matt Lafleur are getting jobs this offseason if for no other reason than Sean Mcvey and Matt Nagy.  The hot young OC brought in to pair with a first round qb is what is trending and being very successful right.  Lincoln Riley would be a great hire for somebody, but I don't think hes ready to leave OU yet.  Jim Schwarz would be a terrible hire for a multitude of reasons, 1 being first and foremost his side of the ball isnt very good in Philly this year.  Secondly hes not a very good head coach.  Unfortunately for defensive guys, I dont think we'll see too many hires from that side of the ball anytime soon

Broncos: John Harbaugh. ( With Gary Kubiak's strong influence, he beats out Mike McCarthy)

Ravens: Matt LaFleur. (Solid candidate to be another 10 year HC for Ravens' next dynasty)

Packers: John DeFilippo. (It feels a natural fit)

Browns: Dave Toub. (Big fan of Freddie Kitchens being OC)

Jets: Mike McCarthy. (After Bill Parcells; Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan and then Todd Bowles.  That is enough.  Experience is required there)

Cowboys: Brian Schottenheimer. (Can't make a legit debate you want to hear, sorry)

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Am I? How so? Are you denying the fact that Jerry has to be involved in personnel decisions, or that he wants credit for the team winning? Or that Jason Garrett is a puppet? How uninformed am I?  I get that without Jerry Jones that's a very attractive job, but as long as Jerry insists on being part of the process I dont see them getting any high profile candidate in there.  

Jerry gave up personal decisions like 5 years ago. I'm sure he is still involved, but JG/SJ/McClay run the team day to day. 

Garrett isn't a puppet. Jerry has made it known Garrett has final say on the roster.

We have like $60+ mil in cap space and with 45ish players under contract next year. We are also one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Our only starter 30 or older is Sean Lee and he looks to have lost his job to droy candidate LVE.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Jerry gave up personal decisions like 5 years ago. I'm sure he is still involved, but JG/SJ/McClay run the team day to day. 

Garrett isn't a puppet. Jerry has made it known Garrett has final say on the roster.

We have like $60+ mil in cap space and with 45ish players under contract next year. We are also one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Our only starter 30 or older is Sean Lee and he looks to have lost his job to droy candidate LVE.

Yeah ik on paper Jerry has stepped away.  He also is going on the radio saying Dak is going to get extended.  And Jerry still holds the title of owner/gm if I'm not mistaken.  You know how often you hear from the really good owners in this league? Almost never.  Jerry wants the spotlight.  It's a super headache for a head coach.  Without Jerry it's a very attractive job, but with him not.so much.  Maybe I'm wrong but I bet that next year it's still the same bc and still Dak as the QB fresh off of a $100M extension

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Broncos: John Harbaugh. ( With Gary Kubiak's strong influence, he beats out Mike McCarthy)

Ravens: Matt LaFleur. (Solid candidate to be another 10 year HC for Ravens' next dynasty)

Packers: John DeFilippo. (It feels a natural fit)

Browns: Dave Toub. (Big fan of Freddie Kitchens being OC)

Jets: Mike McCarthy. (After Bill Parcells; Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan and then Todd Bowles.  That is enough.  Experience is required there)

Cowboys: Brian Schottenheimer. (Can't make a legit debate you want to hear, sorry)

man i hope he stays

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah ik on paper Jerry has stepped away.  He also is going on the radio saying Dak is going to get extended.  And Jerry still holds the title of owner/gm if I'm not mistaken.  You know how often you hear from the really good owners in this league? Almost never.  Jerry wants the spotlight.  It's a super headache for a head coach.  Without Jerry it's a very attractive job, but with him not.so much.  Maybe I'm wrong but I bet that next year it's still the same bc and still Dak as the QB fresh off of a $100M extension

You are still missing the point. Coaches like Jerry. He is willing to do just about anything to win. The players love him too.

Just because he does interviews doesn't change that. 

I'd argue wee would be an ideal landing spot with the talent and reasources available. A good coach would want the challenge of taking us over the hump. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You are still missing the point. Coaches like Jerry. He is willing to do just about anything to win. The players love him too.

I'd argue wee would be an ideal landing spot with the talent and reasources available. A good coach would want the challenge of taking us over the hump. 

I guess we'll find out.  I think Lincoln Reilly would leave OU for Dallas without Jerry being involved.  I think as long as Jerry is still being Jerry that will keep Reilly at OU.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude if the Cowboys pay Dak (which let's face the hard truth here: it's happening), your crappy organization is not at all an ideal landing spot.

There's going to be multiple other teams that have more desirable situations in all kinds of areas. Younger and better QB/more promising one(Jets, Cleveland, Baltimore), owner who doesn't hold press conferences in the locker room after games (every other team), actual structure and hierarchy in place (Dallas is a mess FO-wise....you yourself are saying JG has final roster decisions, and I am laughing at the thought of you really believing that with all of your little Texas heart). 

Who would want to go to a team with an eccentric owner who hasn't realized his best days are decades behind him? Its like the Raiders of the late Al Davis era. You go to Dallas, you have to deal with an owner constantly meddling in team affairs which he shouldn't at all be doing. You go to Dallas, you're stuck with a bad QB who's getting paid like a top 5 QB and you have to live with that as long as you're there. 

So what about Dallas is "ideal"? You really think that young promising coaches like John DeFilipo are gonna want to go to Dallas? The whole America's Team thing isn't actually real any more. At this point it's just a myth Dallas fans and the media try to hold on to. 

I mean I guess it's ideal for like Hue Jackson maybe. Someone who can come in and get a nice corner office, kick his feet up, and say " I AM the head coach ". When really, day to day, he is just walking around aimlessly doing nothing.  

Honestly now that I think about it , Huey Headlines would be the perfect HC for Dallas. Let's do it  

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Dude if the Cowboys pay Dak (which let's face the hard truth here: it's happening), your crappy organization is not at all an ideal landing spot.

There's going to be multiple other teams that have more desirable situations in all kinds of areas. Younger and better QB/more promising one(Jets, Cleveland, Baltimore), owner who doesn't hold press conferences in the locker room after games (every other team), actual structure and hierarchy in place (Dallas is a mess FO-wise....you yourself are saying JG has final roster decisions, and I am laughing at the thought of you really believing that with all of your little Texas heart). 

Who would want to go to a team with an eccentric owner who hasn't realized his best days are decades behind him? Its like the Raiders of the late Al Davis era. You go to Dallas, you have to deal with an owner constantly meddling in team affairs which he shouldn't at all be doing. You go to Dallas, you're stuck with a bad QB who's getting paid like a top 5 QB and you have to live with that as long as you're there. 

So what about Dallas is "ideal"? You really think that young promising coaches like John DeFilipo are gonna want to go to Dallas? The whole America's Team thing isn't actually real any more. At this point it's just a myth Dallas fans and the media try to hold on to. 

I mean I guess it's ideal for like Hue Jackson maybe. Someone who can come in and get a nice corner office, kick his feet up, and say " I AM the head coach ". When really, day to day, he is just walking around aimlessly doing nothing.  

Honestly now that I think about it , Huey Headlines would be the perfect HC for Dallas. Let's do it  

You made up a bunch of fake news and then tried to use it against us. How can I debate with you if you aren't using facts?

Archived