🏈 Week 11 3-6 TB vs 2-7 NYG

Jimmy Austin

Giants open up as a 1 point favorite. 

I looked at their schedule and they seem to be more competitive on the road than at home. Both of their wins have come on the road. Koetter took back play calling last week and looks to be calling plays again this week. This one could go either way.

A loss won't put us in the top five in the draft unless other three win teams win. We could lose this game and stay at 10. But a loss for us and wins by Denver, Jacksonville, and/or Detroit could move us up. Best we could do is seven, with the Jets and Bills on their Bye. A win could drop us as far as 16. But that would take losses from Philly (vs Saints), Colts (vs Titans), and Seahawks (vs Packers). Cleveland is on a Bye at 3-6-1 and Atlanta/Dallas will have a win, making one of those teams 5-5; the other 4-6.

The biggest issue in terms of us moving up in the draft is SOS. We've got the worst (best?) at .598. That's higher than any team in the league. We're not winning any tiebreakers based on SOS. The only way to move up in the draft is to lose while other teams win.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

A loss won't put us in the top five in the draft unless other three win teams win. We could lose this game and stay at 10. But a loss for us and wins by Denver, Jacksonville, and/or Detroit could move us up. Best we could do is seven, with the Jets and Bills on their Bye. A win could drop us as far as 16. But that would take losses from Philly (vs Saints), Colts (vs Titans), and Seahawks (vs Packers). Cleveland is on a Bye at 3-6-1 and Atlanta/Dallas will have a win, making one of those teams 5-5; the other 4-6.

The biggest issue in terms of us moving up in the draft is SOS. We've got the worst (best?) at .598. That's higher than any team in the league. We're not winning any tiebreakers based on SOS. The only way to move up in the draft is to lose while other teams win.

I get why people want us to go up the draft board, put I want us just to win games. I don’t care if it effects our draft position.

The team needs to learn to win and win consistently.

6 minutes ago, TB Doug22 said:

I get why people want us to go up the draft board, put I want us just to win games. I don’t care if it effects our draft position.

The team needs to learn to win and win consistently.

I want wins too. But I figured I'd look it up and run the numbers.

I'd rather hope for a 10-6 record than a top five pick.

39 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Slightly too soon for the bust chat, but early signs are bad.

Very bad.

Honestly of our first two days of draft picks , only Carlton Davis looks like a future player. 

Jones I can say looks like a bust. 

MJ Stewart might be better off at SS. 

Vita Vea looks like he can eat up space but that’s it. Probably a Nose for 3-4 but definitely not worthy of the 11th pick overall. 

Cappa - TBD. Honestly is he much worse than Benenoch? 

Archived