🏈 Week 11 3-6 TB vs 2-7 NYG

Jimmy Austin

Effort is lacking on this team.  I m shaving 18 million right off the bat by walking away from DJax and Grimes. Hell, JPP got bent into a pretzel and didn t come out.   You can t have vets not giving effort.  Mike Evans isn t one of those players so you can live with his cap unless you ve determined to draft the QB you truly want get as much draft capital as possible.

Personally, not an option I want 

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Effort is lacking on this team.  I m shaving 18 million right off the bat by walking away from DJax and Grimes.  You can t have vets not giving effort.  Mike Evans isn t one of those players so you can live with his cap unless you ve determined to draft the QB you truly want get as much draft capital as possible.

Personally, not an option I want 

As it stands, we've got almost $20M in cap space next season. Like you said, there are easy cuts we can make to save a fortune.

Jameis - $21M

JPP - $14.5M

McCoy - $13M

DJax - $10M

Lavonte - $9.75M

Curry - $8M

Brate - $7M

Gholston - $3.75M

Unrein - $3.75M

Anger - $3M

E Smith - $2M

That's almost $96M we can free up with no penalty, which would give us $116M in cap space.

Now I don't wanna cut all those guys. But we've got plenty of options to create cap space. And that's why Jameis' contract is irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

As it stands, we've got almost $20M in cap space next season. Like you said, there are easy cuts we can make to save a fortune.

Jameis - $21M

JPP - $14.5M

McCoy - $13M

DJax - $10M

Lavonte - $9.75M

Curry - $8M

Brate - $7M

Gholston - $3.75M

Unrein - $3.75M

Anger - $3M

E Smith - $2M

That's almost $96M we can free up with no penalty, which would give us $116M in cap space.

Now I don't wanna cut all those guys. But we've got plenty of options to create cap space. And that's why Jameis' contract is irrelevant.

Great job, i m even okay living with D Smith for 1 yr franchise if ur offense is based upon West Coast principles as opposed to Air Raid.  Shaky LT, no problem 7 step drops from anywhere on the field and let s go vertical.  

Most NFL passing throws short to long, not this offense.  

8 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Crazy of all the pieces guys are willing to let go Winston is still the option to keep around even with his lack of production, having the highest cap number, and the off the field problems. 

QBs get longer leashes. It's just how it goes.

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Lol Fitzpatrick was badass too early on and was badass coming ofc the bench against the bengals. 

Talk to me when this is a consistent performance. 

At least you're not complaining about how he played today.

Baby steps. 😀

im just curious we are going to get at QB if we dont keep winston or fitz?     Are we really going to try and draft someone?  I doubt we would be in position to draft a QB....  Not one of the touted ones in the draft atm.  I dont see any FA maybe we could get bridgewater? 

Just curious I dont give a **** about Winston but we literally have no other options that are worth mentioning and isn't a lateral move.

17 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

im just curious we are going to get at QB if we dont keep winston or fitz?     Are we really going to try and draft someone?  I doubt we would be in position to draft a QB....  Not one of the touted ones in the draft atm.  I dont see any FA maybe we could get bridgewater? 

Just curious I dont give a **** about Winston but we literally have no other options that are worth mentioning and isn't a lateral move.

Any FA move would be lateral. But it would probably cost more, depending on length of contract. The longer the contract, the more guaranteed money.

I don't really like this draft and I hope whoever makes the calls doesn't draft a QB for the sake of it.

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I have to give love to.Peyton Barber, definitely part of the future.  Imagine if his RG didnt suck and they could somehow add stretch to the running gsme.  He reallu finishes his runs.

It's crazy how good he looks when he can get to the LOS before contact. Almost like the oline has been the issue this year.

Archived