2017 Eagles Hall of Fame: 5th Class Voting

Phire

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Are we limiting it to two people? We've had 3 people in most past classes and we haven't even admitted people in recent years. Feel like it should be 3.

I'll see what I can do with the votes. If we have an honorary induction for Phreak it'll be three.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean even with the whole honorary thing. It just doesn't make sense to me to reduce how many people make it in, especially after the whole thing not existing for 2 years or so.

The concern is having the entire forum be a part of the HOF. It would be meaningless if every single person was in. It would just become a participation trophy. Given we hand out HOF inductions faster than we get new members, even with the hiatus, it's definitely a real possibility we run out of deserving members in the future.

Of course then there's the argument that it doesn't matter if everybody is in.

13 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

Mine is in home slices.  That was hard AF. Good luck to everyone  who may be up for votingB|

Lots of different choices have been submitted, only maybe one has stood out.

Just now, Phire said:

Lots of different choices have been submitted, only maybe one has stood out.

I don't know how I feel about a massively scattered vote for a HOF. Normally you're looking for a large majority of the votes for a player from a "class".

9 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't know how I feel about a massively scattered vote for a HOF. Normally you're looking for a large majority of the votes for a player from a "class".

I feel like no two people on this forum feel the same way about the HoF process lol, unless there's a cascade of votes today one is clearly deserving, I'll see if any others meet the threshold of the original rules.

I haven't calculated a second inductee yet.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

The dilemma is that we haven't had a HOF vote for awhile so i'm assuming there are a ton of deserving candidates that are splitting votes.

Yeah, that and naturally, some of the older posters who aren't around are getting recognized by vets and some of the newer guys dont have any reason to vote. I can say with confident whoever gets in is deserving. Magross or PE aren't getting in ?

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

If its a tie. I am cool with letting @Phire and @Kiltman drink it out , i mean talk it out till a decision is made. 

#brownoutmodconference #fearlessmoderators #alcoholknowsbest

play the knife game, write peoples names on my fingers...wherever I stab gets in

Committed to the cause

Archived