2017 Eagles Hall of Fame: 5th Class Voting

Phire

2017 Eagles 5th Class Hall of Fame
For the main HoF thread, click here.

Welcome to the voting process for the 5th class of the Eagles Forum Hall of Fame. 

We started the Eagles Forum Hall of Fame in order to enshrine and remember great friends and contributors to the Eagles forum. Often, active members are inducted in recognition of their outstanding contribution to the Eagles forum.

After a brief hiatus, the HoF is back. The rules are as follows.

RULES

1. Phire will be the main point of contact for this. All submissions should be sent to me.

2. Send me two candidates (you don't need their exact username as long as I can figure it out).

3. The candidates will be classified as first choice, and second choice.

4. Votes must be accompanied by a short reason for your vote. These comments will be anonymous and featured during induction.

5. A maximum of two members will make the HoF this year. The limit is to avoid every single person on the board being in the HoF.

6. The candidate with the most number of first choice votes will gain automatic admission into the HoF.

7. A second candidate with the second most first choice votes will gain admission into the HoF.

8. The second candidate must have appeared in at least 50% of entries, whether first or second choice. This is to avoid an anomaly where one person gets the second most first choice votes, but only a minority of voters even contemplated inducting that person into the HoF.

9. I will allow name-drops but only for legacy members. Otherwise, no lobbying, begging, or manipulating for votes.

10. Most importantly, have fun.

DEADLINE

Voting will continue until the expiration of the month of August.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Guess we aren't making an "Eligible class" to vote from like was mentioned in the discussion thread?

No mandatory rule. That rule will likely enforce itself even without it. The votes I've gotten so far confirm that.

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't know posters well enough to vote for a HoF'er.

No problem. If you feel comfortable you can even just vote for one person. In any event the voting is open till the end of August if you change your mind.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

How many Ballots have you received thus far Phire, curious? Hopefully everyone participates. 

Five so far. I won't pester the vets until maybe 3-5 days from the deadline.

Just now, Phire said:

Five so far. I won't pester the vets until maybe 3-5 days from the deadline.

Yeah seems to be the case every year. You might get the procrastinators towards the end? In 2014 it was like pulling teeth. Sadly the majority were HOF already inducted. O.o

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah seems to be the case every year. You might get the procrastinators towards the end? In 2014 it was like pulling teeth. Sadly the majority were HOF already inducted. O.o

Got 6 now. 

I am about to put my vote in. @Nabbs4u @Phire @Kiltman @marky_b27 @Hockey5djh @ianlewis16 @ninjapirate @Jroc04 @EaglesFan5-36-81 thoughts on automatically giving Phreak the HOF nod on top of bringing in 2 new HOF'ers? 

Now sometime has passed since Phreak magically bursted into stardust after the woodshed game, i think its time. But we will be fixing a wrong/the situation, cause he should be 1st class. 

Maybe everyone/automatically puts in a extra vote for Phreak and something nice about him if you remember him. 

Then the 2 other member you want into the HOF. 

Hes our Jerome Brown bros. Our 12th man. Just feel like we got to give him some love, hes out there watching somewhere, cheering us on. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Wasn't part of this list. Damn son. I need to make my presence known more consistently.

LOL my dad i knew i was forgetting some one/some ones. In my defense i'm on enough Kush to drop Jason Peters in his tracks, i am lucky i could remember anyone:D

You know i love you, i just still think of you as McMc/your actual name-face. 

1 hour ago, Bednarik60 said:

I am about to put my vote in. @Nabbs4u @Phire @Kiltman @marky_b27 @Hockey5djh @ianlewis16 @ninjapirate @Jroc04 @EaglesFan5-36-81 thoughts on automatically giving Phreak the HOF nod on top of bringing in 2 new HOF'ers? 

Now sometime has passed since Phreak magically bursted into stardust after the woodshed game, i think its time. But we will be fixing a wrong/the situation, cause he should be 1st class. 

Maybe everyone/automatically puts in a extra vote for Phreak and something nice about him if you remember him. 

Then the 2 other member you want into the HOF. 

Hes our Jerome Brown bros. Our 12th man. Just feel like we got to give him some love, hes out there watching somewhere, cheering us on. 

I think giving him the honorary tribute is fine. Like a wing of our HoF would be named after him. If he is to be inducted automatically is fine by me. He would literally be the only one to get that kind of acknowledgement so it would be fitting. But I think I'll reserve my two votes for guys that really deserve it. Guys that have provided in depth and thought provoking content since my time here. Phreak is legendary status but over time, my nominees deserve it more imo. 

^^^ Pretty much mentioned this when submitting my Ballot. Honorary Inductee for Phreak,  Induct 2 more. We've skipped the past two years which easily could of been 4-6 more posters already in. Let's not get caught up with the # 2.

Archived