Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

Massive result tonight for Fulham. We had a matchup with Millwall who hadn't been been beaten in 17 games and had to travel to The Den to play them. We ended up 3-0 winners and putting the pressure squarely on Cardiff once again by moving into second. This was far and away our hardest remaining game so all we can do is take care of our business and pray Cardiff drop points once more this season. 

4 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Massive result tonight for Fulham. We had a matchup with Millwall who hadn't been been beaten in 17 games and had to travel to The Den to play them. We ended up 3-0 winners and putting the pressure squarely on Cardiff once again by moving into second. This was far and away our hardest remaining game so all we can do is take care of our business and pray Cardiff drop points once more this season. 

Hope you guys are able to get second place..

Don't want to have to face you and your crazy run in the play-offs.

8 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Hope you guys are able to get second place..

Don't want to have to face you and your crazy run in the play-offs.

I'm still weirdly not confident about the playoffs. We've been picking up wins but I think our performances are dropping a little bit. Millwall battered us in the first half and we were extremely lucky to go into half level. I feel like if we see them in playoffs they could have our number. Scoring so quickly after half changed the game completely and flatters us a little bit in my opinion. Either way we're up to 25 (I think) unbeaten in the league, that's a crazy thing to say based on where we were two or three seasons ago. 

20 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Wow, didn't realize Sunderland was heading down to League One. After years of managing to stay up in the Prem it's crazy to see them relegated in back to back seasons

All the years of mismanagement has finally caught up to them. They're awful this season, maybe even worse than last year in the Premier League. You see it occasionally, Wigan springs to mind but it is weird when a club like Sunderland is playing in League One. I think Bolton and Portsmouth had similar quick falls 

8 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Cardiff lost..

Fulham and Villa still able to get second place should the results go either teams way.

Not likely for villa but Fulham have a good chance.

Just need Cardiff to drop points once more. I'm hoping Hull can get it done. We're so close, I'm hoping it's getting to Cardiff. 

4 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Just need Cardiff to drop points once more. I'm hoping Hull can get it done. We're so close, I'm hoping it's getting to Cardiff. 

Hopefully you both lose the last 2 and we can swoop in with 2 wins:P, doubtful but possible I suppose.

Out inconsistency is going to cost us 2nd place, way too many up and down performances/results.

We picked up another three points. We fell behind against Sunderland but battled back to a 2-1 with Mitrovic getting the winner again. Fantastic response from the side but the slow start was worrying and has been a trend of late. 

Cardiff play Hull tomorrow and Hull has been in good for. I'm praying that they can drop points just once more. 

Well it wasn't meant to be. Last day of the season and Cardiff could only draw with Reading but it didn't matter because we lost 3-1 to Birmingham. So very Fulhamish. I don't have any confidence in going up via the playoff route. I think our performances have dropped the last month or so but until today we were able to get results. Really disappointing but there is still the playoffs ahead. 

2 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Did not see a thread for La Liga, but I thought it beared mentioning that Barca is only 2 games away from an unbeaten season in the league, which would certainly be a strong achievement.

While it's definitely an achievement, they've have their fair share of referee "luck" go their way to maintain the streak