Who is having a better season Jalen Ramsey or Adoree Jackson?

dtait93

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's Hopkins.

The link said Jackson's primary coverage was Fuller, and his snap share was 100%.  I'm not entirely sure what it means either since Jackson was on Hopkins on that play.  But Fuller wasn't on the field, so maybe it means something different.

14 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Are they accurate though? 

It seems pretty accurate to me. Knowing that Ramsey had an all pro season last year and then looking at their metrics for that season and how elite he performed, I would say it's about as accurate as you can get.

Here are who their primary assignments have been this year (according to playerprofile):

Ramsey - Beckham, Hogan, Sharpe, R. Anderson, Hill, Hurns, Hopkins, Jeffery, Hilton

Jackson - Stills, Fuller, Cole, Matthews, Holmes, J. Brown, T. Williams, Cooper, Gordon

Ramsey has definitely had to face the stiffer competition overall. However just looking at one match up specifically - when the Jaguars faced New England, Ramsey's primary assignment was Hogan and allowed 5 catches on 5 targets for 34 yards and 1 TD. When the Titans faced New England, Jackson's primary assignment was Gordon and allowed 4 catches on 12 targets for 48 yards and 0 TD's.

I imagine Jackson's assignment will be Hilton this Sunday. We'll see how he stacks up to how Ramsey performed against him last Sunday (5 catches on 7 targets for 68 yards).

On 11/16/2018 at 11:15 AM, dtait93 said:

Here are who their primary assignments have been this year (according to playerprofile):

Ramsey - Beckham, Hogan, Sharpe, R. Anderson, Hill, Hurns, Hopkins, Jeffery, Hilton

Jackson - Stills, Fuller, Cole, Matthews, Holmes, J. Brown, T. Williams, Cooper, Gordon

Ramsey has definitely had to face the stiffer competition overall. However just looking at one match up specifically - when the Jaguars faced New England, Ramsey's primary assignment was Hogan and allowed 5 catches on 5 targets for 34 yards and 1 TD. When the Titans faced New England, Jackson's primary assignment was Gordon and allowed 4 catches on 12 targets for 48 yards and 0 TD's.

I imagine Jackson's assignment will be Hilton this Sunday. We'll see how he stacks up to how Ramsey performed against him last Sunday (5 catches on 7 targets for 68 yards).

I think TEN's pass D is going to take a huge leap forward once they make the conversion to #1 WR coverage permanent.  Butler's toast vs. very good to great WR's...but he can be serviceable with #2 WR's on most teams.  

Having said that, Adoree's got to do it for a consistent stretch before he gets to unseat the king, even if it's just for this season.   No disrespect to Adoree, but let's see him be a true island against #1 WR's for many games before we call him a shutdown CB. 

20 hours ago, pwny said:

This thread not looking great right now.

Like you once told me during a Bortles v Mariota discussion (that week Bortles was benched and Mariota was a 2pt conversion away from beating the Chargers) you can't let one game dictate the narrative...:D

On 11/16/2018 at 11:15 AM, dtait93 said:

Jackson vs Hilton: 8 catches on 8 targets for 146 yards and 2 TD's.

Lock this one up boys.

Archived