You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Stop trying to compare everyday employment to the NFL. They are not equals.

This is the equivalent of being a marketing manager at Coke and not getting the promotion you wanted and quiting to be a marketing manager of RC Cola. 

Mac chose to hire the Pittsburgh guy we have over bringing back AVP. You don't leave GB as an offensive guy looking for a promotion to go coach Andy Dalton. There's no common sense there.

It's even MORE common in high stakes jobs like the NFL dude. Bigger egos at play...

His plan obviously wasn't to go to Cincinnati to be the QB coach. Why do you keep ignoring his words and McCarthy's and reality???

He didn't extend his contract because he wanted a coordinator gig...

LIS a couple pages ago. He misjudged.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I know I wasn't super excited about Philbin. But VP also didn't get hired on anywhere else either...

Kinda hard to reason it was a mistake not hiring him as OC at this point. 

I'm in favor of cleaning house in the offensive side again. The thing is, MM's fault is likely being TOO loyal to his staff and perhaps not taking advantage of potentially better candidates that he doesn't have a history with. This was fairly well-known I though. Which is why I find it so strange everyone immediately thinks he did the exact opposite of all of a sudden when both coaches' statements are to the contrary. 

Can't figure this one out...

Is this real life? Do people this naive really exist? I don't know what's worse, the act you're putting on to avoid admitting how wrong you were, or the fact that some people continue to scoop up and eat your nonsense.

What spell does this clown have over some of you? Leader? AlexGreen20? Is this the ship you want to ride down with? You're going with this goof's wild theories over a journalist who surely knows more about what happened? And its not like these revelations are new. I've been sharing this stuff for near a year now, with links. It's not just one journalist, it's been many. Of course McCarthy ran VP out of town. And it probably needed to be done. The bigger problem was that if McCarthy completely lost the QB to the QB coach and the QB coach went along with it, then it just highlights a moment years ago that McCarthy became ineffective and should have been shown the door.

Now this goof is suggesting McCarthy get an umpteenth chance to clean house in his staff? How many assistants and coordinators is it going to take to convince people like this of who the real problem is and has been for a long time?

I honestly don't even think incognito_man believes in McCarthy after these reports. I think he's just too embarrassed to let go. Let it go dude, you plastered this place with your nonsense long enough.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's even MORE common in high stakes jobs like the NFL dude. Bigger egos at play...

His plan obviously wasn't to go to Cincinnati to be the QB coach. Why do you keep ignoring his words and McCarthy's and reality???

He didn't extend his contract because he wanted a coordinator gig...

LIS a couple pages ago. He misjudged.

Because Mac would never admit he let chose another coach over AVP out of both respect to him and not wanting the grief from Rodgers. 

AVP isn't going to admit he has another coach selected over him as he's desiring promotions.

It's the same as the people who say "Vernon Davis said he wanted to play in SF not GB!" Ignoring the fact it was days after being drafted by SF. Meaningless words.

AVP had already been promoted within GB multiple times, and had seen every past QB coach of Rodgers (Clements, McAdoo) become a HC, AHC or OC. His 100% best chance at a future promotion was here. I'm not buying what you're trying to sell for a second.

I'm telling you guys, these writers don't write this stuff until they already know. This story and the one saying Murphy should step back and give Gute full authority were fed...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2018/11/29/dougherty-mike-mccarthy-aaron-rodgers-marriage-has-run-its-course/2144453002/

The team is shaping the narrative.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

AVP had already been promoted within GB multiple times, and had seen every past QB coach of Rodgers (Clements, McAdoo) become a HC, AHC or OC. His 100% best chance at a future promotion was here. I'm not buying what you're trying to sell for a second.

The first part is nonsense and you know it.

This part is exactly right. I wholeheartedly agree. He thought GB was his best bet for promotion.

AND THEN HE DIDNT GET IT 😂

So he left.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because Mac would never admit he let chose another coach over AVP out of both respect to him and not wanting the grief from Rodgers. 

This also contradicts with the belief that AVP and Rodgers were so close there'd be no secrets between them. Surely if this were the case Rodgers would have instantly known and not reacted like you believe he did.

Can't have it both ways, man.

16 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This poor guy has me on ignore and doesn't even know to what depths he is the fool. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

Someone who he doesn't have on ignore should probably step in and give him a hand. It's like watching a trainwreck.

You sound pretty butt-hurt about being on ignore. Maybe if you didn’t provide such shi+ takes, you wouldn’t be.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can't even understand what you thought happened here? 

That AVP declined an extension the year before. But then actually wanted to stay here as QB coach, but a year later MM didn't want that anymore?

He did what literally any FA does, it's not hard to grasp. "Hey Mac I'm going to let my contract expire next season and see what opportunities are out there."

Next season comes, he doesn't get the outside looks he wanted and Philbin is the OC, so he asks for his old job back (the one YOU just admitted was his best shot at a promotion) and Mac moved on with the other guy, making him truly a FA.

In your odd scenario, AVP let's his ego get in the way, pouts about Philbin winning the job ahead of him, and his solution is to get out of town and commit career suicide being the eternal hot seat himself, Marvin Lewis' QB coach for Andy fn Dalton 😂 sure...

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This also contradicts with the belief that AVP and Rodgers were so close there'd be no secrets between them. Surely if this were the case Rodgers would have instantly known and not reacted like you believe he did.

Can't have it both ways, man.

What secret? There's no contradiction there. Whatever Mac and AVP tell the public has literally 0 bearing on what was privately told to Rodgers by AVP. You don't get that reaction from Rodgers if this was AVPs choice and Mac desired him back as QB coach but he decided to leave. It's common sense you're ignoring because the move has backfired and now we have to protect Mac.

14 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

You sound pretty butt-hurt about being on ignore. Maybe if you didn’t provide such shi+ takes, you wouldn’t be.

You're right about one thing, it's time for my bitterness over the way I was treated for a year for speaking the truth to end. It's time for me to be the bigger man.

As for my "shi+ takes" as you put it. Well I guess proven facts and truth just don't sit well with everybody. Either that or you've missed what's come out in the last 2 days. Regardless, it's under the bridge.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He did what literally any FA does, it's not hard to grasp. "Hey Mac I'm going to let my contract expire next season and see what opportunities are out there."

Next season comes, he doesn't get the outside looks he wanted and Philbin is the OC, so he asks for his old job back (the one YOU just admitted was his best shot at a promotion) and Mac moved on with the other guy, making him truly a FA.

In your odd scenario, AVP let's his ego get in the way, pouts about Philbin winning the job ahead of him, and his solution is to get out of town and commit career suicide being the eternal hot seat himself, Marvin Lewis' QB coach for Andy fn Dalton 😂 sure...

This theory doesn't fit the timeline of reality. Philbin and Cignetti were hired on the same day.

There was no time to ask for his old job back. Nor would he have.

"I don't look backward" is literally what van pelt said man. 😂 I don't know how this could possibly be more clear.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What secret? There's no contradiction there. Whatever Mac and AVP tell the public has literally 0 bearing on what was privately told to Rodgers by AVP. You don't get that reaction from Rodgers if this was AVPs choice and Mac desired him back as QB coach but he decided to leave. It's common sense you're ignoring because the move has backfired and now we have to protect Mac.

Yet here you are, hanging solely onto the word "interesting" from the least involved of the three people in this sensationalized drama and ignoring the actual words of the two guys involved.

Because we have to protect Aaron.

59 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

What spell does this clown have over some of you? Leader? AlexGreen20? Is this the ship you want to ride down with?

I'm guessing lots of people have nostalgia from our SuperBowl win with him, continuing to associate him with the good times.

I also imagine that some fans see a lot of themselves in this gelatinous, suburban dullard of a Head Coach and maybe even empathize with the idea of a power struggle between him and our smug, far-less-relatable primadonna of a QB.

Whatever, though. There will always be flat-earth types who get even the most obvious issues wrong, but I think the wind is blowing in the overall right direction. :)

Archived