Growing sense Packers move on from Mike McCarthy End of Season

Nick_gb

Just now, Slinky said:

If it weren't for Rodgers, he would've been in the unemployment line long ago. 

You can say that without any evidence whatsoever to support it.

I can say that, without Rodgers, McCarthy would have gotten a shot with a QB like Wentz or Goff or some other QB and had an abundance of success with a different QB. 

It's easy to point to McCarthy's failures with backups and neglect the fact that if he didn't have Rodgers for the foreseeable future, he'd get a better QB than Hundley/Flynn/Tolzien. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I am offering factual and statistical points to show that McCarthy has not been to blame for half of our losses this year when you're only accusing me of deflecting. 

No. You're offering a few moments in a game of over 100 plays to show that McCarthy isn't to blame for those losses rather than taking the entire game into account. You take the performance as a whole, not single instances. If something changes on one or two instances, then the game flow changes and we no longer have the same late game scenarios that we end up with. If Mac makes a different call in the 2nd or 3rd, that affects what happens in the 4th and so on. Neither you nor I can say "you change that moment, we have THIS result" because that's just not how reality works unless it's the ABSOLUTE last play of the game where the play has no bearing on any other plays after. That's why I take issue with how you post about "this moment or that" all the time. Decisions made in the 2nd quarter affect the game just as much as decisions made in the 4th and so on. 

Whatever. It is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You can say that without any evidence whatsoever to support it.

I can say that, without Rodgers, McCarthy would have gotten a shot with a QB like Wentz or Goff or some other QB and had an abundance of success with a different QB. 

It's easy to point to McCarthy's failures with backups and neglect the fact that if he didn't have Rodgers for the foreseeable future, he'd get a better QB than Hundley/Flynn/Tolzien. 

You say that like it's a guarantee tho. He very well could've ended up with a DeShone Kizer or Blaine Gabbert as opposed to Carsen Wentz or Jared Goff. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Actually, that's all a lie, so... You know... Quit lying.  I want us to keep McCarthy.  Ever since Rodgers signed his extension, I have never seriously suggested trading him.  So maybe I'd take your posts more seriously if you quit lying in them. 

You're not pounding the table for Aaron Rodgers to be traded? Hmmm interesting considering your post prior to my reply suggested we should have traded him. Maybe you would have some merit to your posts if you actually didn't just suggest what I said in the very same thread you're calling me a liar on?

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm not willing to go that far lol. They are all massive failures.

If McCarthy can get 9.4 yards per attempt for 245 yards and 3 touchdowns and a 130+ QB rating out of Brett Hundley in Pittsburgh and 10.9 yards per attempt on 480 yards, 6 touchdowns and 1 interception out of Matt Flynn, I'm pretty convinced McCarthy could have gotten a few wins out of Gabbert/Kizer if he'd drafted them and had the chance to coach them before their first starts and bad habits developed. 

I don't love Mike McCarthy.  He ticks me off just as much as he ticks off the majority of Packer fans.  I do, however, think he's well above average as a head coach.  I look around the NFL and I see coaches like Garrett and Bowles and Wilks and Harbaugh, Lewis, Joseph, Patricia, Shurmur...

I see head coaches who are consistently outmatched and out-coached on a semi-weekly basis. 

Then I see McCarthy being in every single game this year against some damn good teams in spite of some truly bad, inexcusable play from his players. 

I can't ignore that. 

Look at last year.  Last year, the Packers had no talent whatsoever. 

2017 season:

Adams, Cobb, Nelson, Rodgers as the top receiving options.
Two rookie running backs selected in the 5th round.
Pankey at right tackle.
Brice, Bulaga, King, Montgomery, Perry, Aaron Rodgers, Spriggs and Murphy on IR. 
Hawkins/House/Randall as our corners.
Clay Matthews as the best pass rusher. 

In spite of all that, while the Packers were in playoff contention, they lost their games by an average of only 12 points. 

Other than the Ravens game, they weren't blown out by anybody.  That was with Brett Hundley starting. 

Just now, Nick_gb said:

You're not pounding the table for Aaron Rodgers to be traded? Hmmm interesting considering your post prior to my reply suggested we should have traded him. Maybe you would have some merit to your posts if you actually didn't just suggest what I said in the very same thread you're calling me a liar on?

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If McCarthy can get 9.4 yards per attempt for 245 yards and 3 touchdowns and a 130+ QB rating out of Brett Hundley in Pittsburgh and 10.9 yards per attempt on 480 yards, 6 touchdowns and 1 interception out of Matt Flynn, I'm pretty convinced McCarthy could have gotten a few wins out of Gabbert/Kizer if he'd drafted them and had the chance to coach them before their first starts and bad habits developed. 

I don't love Mike McCarthy.  He ticks me off just as much as he ticks off the majority of Packer fans.  I do, however, think he's well above average as a head coach.  I look around the NFL and I see coaches like Garrett and Bowles and Wilks and Harbaugh, Lewis, Joseph, Patricia, Shurmur...

I see head coaches who are consistently outmatched and out-coached on a semi-weekly basis. 

Then I see McCarthy being in every single game this year against some damn good teams in spite of some truly bad, inexcusable play from his players. 

I can't ignore that. 

2017 season:

Pankey at right tackle.
Brice, Bulaga, King, Montgomery, Perry, Aaron Rodgers, Spriggs and Murphy on IR. 

In spite of all that, while the Packers were in playoff contention, they lost their games by an average of only 12 points. 

Other than the Ravens game, they weren't blown out by anybody.  That was with Brett Hundley starting. 

I get it. I do. I'm just a firm believer in things becoming stagnant and reaching a certain point where there's nothing left to accomplish. Mac's reached the stage. I'll forever be thankful for 2010 but we've reached a point where another voice needs to be heard in that locker room. 

Lol @ “if McCarthy had a chance to develop Goff or Wentz.”

You realize the packers would’ve had to have been one of the worst teams in the league the previous year....right? Which means McCarty MIGHT not even be there the next year. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I can't ignore that. 

2017 season:

Pankey at right tackle.

lmfao -- wait you're really basing all this evidence off of two games played? Well, in that case, can we just induct Trent Richardson into the hall of fame now?

Just now, Nick_gb said:

lmfao -- wait you're really basing all this evidence off of two games played? Well, in that case, can we just induct Trent Richardson into the hall of fame now?

Why do you keep responding to me?  You clearly don't want to have any sort of fair and honest conversation, so why do you keep responding? 

Archived