Growing sense Packers move on from Mike McCarthy End of Season

Nick_gb

13 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Lol @ “if McCarthy had a chance to develop Goff or Wentz.”

You realize the packers would’ve had to have been one of the worst teams in the league the previous year....right? Which means McCarty MIGHT not even be there the next year. Lol. 

They could have traded up for one of those guys if they had a plan to trade Rodgers. 

On 11/17/2018 at 10:44 AM, Outpost31 said:

Would be a mistake.  Packers should have traded Rodgers when his value was three first round draft picks and let McCarthy start from scratch with a QB who might be a little bit more receptive to being coached.  McCarthy has won multiple games with Matt Flynn and Brett Hundley starting at QB.  I believe he could have done a lot better with another first round talent, and Rodgers could refuse to take what the defense gives him somewhere else and whine and pout at his receivers and offensive line when he stands around for 7 seconds until eventually taking a crippling sack on third down. 

On 11/17/2018 at 2:58 PM, Nick_gb said:

I would be more inclined to take your posts seriously, had you not made an "Aaron Rodgers depreciation thread" -- and claimed it was nothing more than a superstition to get Aaron Rodgers to play at the normal elite level we are used to seeing him play at. However, since your thread didn't work, you're now pounding the table for him to be traded and for us to keep Mike McCarthy. You come off as nothing more than, well ... a wannabe Skip Bayless who just says things in an effort to be controversial. You're quite good at it, but you're predictable. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Actually, that's all a lie, so... You know... Quit lying.  I want us to keep McCarthy.  Ever since Rodgers signed his extension, I have never seriously suggested trading him.  So maybe I'd take your posts more seriously if you quit lying in them. 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

You're not pounding the table for Aaron Rodgers to be traded? Hmmm interesting considering your post prior to my reply suggested we should have traded him. Maybe you would have some merit to your posts if you actually didn't just suggest what I said in the very same thread you're calling me a liar on?

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

and yet somehow I'm the liar ... interesting how that works buttercup. 

FACT: You made an Aaron Rodgers depreciation thread

FACT: You told people that were in that thread that it was for superstitious reasons to get Aaron Rodgers to play at his Elite level

FACT: Your Superstition has not yet worked

FACT: You are now pounding the table to keep Mike McCarthy but yet we should have traded Aaron Rodgers when the price was high (As if somehow no team would still offer an insane amount of draft capital to trade for Aaron Rodgers) <--- Laughable

These aren't opinions, they're YOUR words -- how incredibly ignorant they may be. 

Just now, Nick_gb said:

and yet somehow I'm the liar ... interesting how that works

FACT: You made an Aaron Rodgers depreciation thread

FACT: You told people that were in that thread that it was for superstitious reasons to get Aaron Rodgers to play at his Elite level

FACT: Your Superstition has not yet worked

FACT: You are now pounding the table to keep Mike McCarthy but yet we should have traded Aaron Rodgers when the price was high (As if somehow no team would still offer an insane amount of draft capital to trade for Aaron Rodgers) <--- Laughable

These aren't opinions, they're YOUR words -- how incredibly ignorant they may be. 

You're not understanding the difference between SHOULD HAVE and SHOULD. 

buttercup. ignorant

Just quit responding to me how about?  If you think so little of me, quit responding.  If you think I'm such an idiot, why keep talking to me?  I have no interest in talking to someone who thinks as little of me as you do, so it's probably best if you just stop, right? 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You're not understanding the difference between SHOULD HAVE and SHOULD. 

Just quit responding to me how about?  If you think so little of me, quit responding.  If you think I'm such an idiot, why keep talking to me?  I have no interest in talking to someone who thinks as little of me as you do, so it's probably best if you just stop, right? 

I clearly understand the difference between SHOULD HAVE and SHOULD -- Problem is your argument to SHOULD HAVE holds NO DIFFERENCE to SHOULD -- i.e. He's still worth every bit of trade capital he was then. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand, but sure no problem Skip. :)

Just now, Nick_gb said:

I clearly understand the difference between SHOULD HAVE and SHOULD -- Problem is your argument to SHOULD HAVE holds NO DIFFERENCE to SHOULD -- i.e. He's still worth every bit of trade capital he was then.

Because I have never suggested we should trade Aaron Rodgers after he signed his contract extension, and you saying I have is a lie. 

I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand, but sure no problem Skip. :)

buttercup. ignorant

Could I get some mod intervention to get him to stop quoting me?  I'm done with this and I don't want the notifications. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Because I have never suggested we should trade Aaron Rodgers after he signed his contract extension, and you saying I have is a lie. 

Could I get some mod intervention to get him to stop quoting me?  I'm done with this and I don't want the notifications. 

Yes, please provide some mod intervention because someone has a differing opinion to yours. Just because you don't want notifications, is no reason to involve a mod. Honestly, all you have to do is ignore me -- it's honestly not that hard. Try being an adult and less of a child :)

The fact is if you quote me and respond to me -- then I am going to respond. So you don't want notifications from me? Stop replying to me. It's not hard.

3 hours ago, jarren said:

McCarthy should be fired for the simple fact that he had Jamaal Williams splitting carries with Aaron Jones for so long.

McCarthy actually was forcing a 3-RB by committee rotation with Ty Montgomery.

Williams is the embodiment of mediocrity, which makes him much better than Montgomery who is a WR masquerading as a RB.

That was not one of Mike's more enlightened coaching decisions.

3 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Me watching Packers fans argue with each other in this thread

giphy.gif

This is mild compared to some of the talk on our team forum.  There are a few who are concerned if we fire McCarthy things could get worse or it would take a new guy a couple of years to turn it around and by then Rodgers will be past his prime.  Most of us are ready for a change.  I think a change would be good for the team and McCarthy.   Its been a good run until the last couple of years but sometimes things get stale.  I believe a new HC with a fresh approach could really breathe some life into this team in general and the offense in particular.

18 hours ago, Pugger said:

This is mild compared to some of the talk on our team forum.  There are a few who are concerned if we fire McCarthy things could get worse or it would take a new guy a couple of years to turn it around and by then Rodgers will be past his prime.  Most of us are ready for a change.  I think a change would be good for the team and McCarthy.   Its been a good run until the last couple of years but sometimes things get stale.  I believe a new HC with a fresh approach could really breathe some life into this team in general and the offense in particular.

Yeah, I agree with you. McCarthy's offensive playcalling is lackluster and Rodgers seems to be tuning him out and often looks disinterested. It would be a prime coaching job and GB would likely be able to get whoever they wanted. Need some fresh blood in there to liven things up. Could things get worse with a new head coach, or could it take some time to turn it around? Sure, but the alternative is the current stagnation while Rodgers' prime winds down.

Archived