🏈 Week 12: 49ers (2-8) @ Bucs (3-7)

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

It doesn't have to just be to DJax. Jameis did it with the 40 yarder to Evans. Just throw it away from the defender and use more of the field. Unfortunately he threw him out of bounds. But that's the kind of throw I'm talking about. You can see on the second DJax bomb that DJax has to stutter step and slow down for a sec to catch it. But the space Fitz gave him with that throw allowed DJax to keep his space and move. And you can see the size of the margin of error for a low percentage throw like that. Jameis throws it over the top where he has to be perfect with where it drops.

If Jameis could figure that out, it wouldn't matter if he's throwing Bombs to DJax or Godwin. Just give guys a chance.

It s not a strength.  I don t over analyze the lowest percentage throw on the field, but that s just me.  Fitz was great at the deep ball for the first 2 games, but came back to the norm of most QBs on the deep ball.

He threw some really good bombs this year.  Evans last week, DJax Cincy.  We can nitpick.the Evans throw today, still goes as a long completion.    I do see the point of view on this.  

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It s not a strength.  I don t over analyze the lowest percentage throw on the field, but that s just me.  Fitz was great at the deep ball for the first 2 games, but came back to the norm of most QBs on the deep ball.

He threw some really good bombs this year.  Evans last week, DJax Cincy.  We can nitpick.the Evans throw today, still goes as a long completion.    I do see the point of view on this.  

It doesn't have to be a strength. But it could at least be improved.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It doesn't have to be a strength. But it could at least be improved.

You know what s funny, SF played zone most of the day.  Winston to his credit checked it down constantly not being greedy.  PR is complaining because he didn t push it down the field as often as normal.

I would love for my QB to throw 75 percent and 300 yds each week and have his performance critiqued this much.  And if we re being really honest Winston made the oline look better then they were, not the other way around. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

You know what s funny, SF played zone most of the day.  Winston to his credit checked it down constantly not being greedy.  PR is complaining because he didn t push it down the field as often as normal.

I would love for my QB to throw 75 percent and 300 yds each week and have his performance critiqued this much.  And if we re being really honest Winston made the oline look better then they were, not the other way around. 

He balled out. He had checkdowns and he used them. He extended so many plays and bought time for guys to get open.

He wanted to throw it deep. You could see it when he double clutched before he fell for the sack. But he was smart with the ball. 

Most of what Brees does is short stuff with yac. Nobody ever complains that he's completing 80% of his passes. 😂

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He balled out. He had checkdowns and he used them. He extended so many plays and bought time for guys to get open.

He wanted to throw it deep. You could see it when he double clutched before he fell for the sack. But he was smart with the ball. 

Most of what Brees does is short stuff with yac. Nobody ever complains that he's completing 80% of his passes. 😂

It was a massively improved performance from him yesterday and if he can sustain that level for the rest of the season, there’s no doubt he’ll be back next year.

He did a good job of keeping the ball in play and making positive decisions. I can’t think of any bad reads from yesterday, which is pleasantly surprising.

I don’t know why we don’t use the quick game more often. Why not scheme around our bad oline? As a playcaller, put the guys in a position to win by not trying to hit an explosive on every play.

Also, hopefully Jackson’s conduct yesterday after the game finally rids the rest of this fan base of the notion that he is a team player. 

The “Fitz should start” chat was all about him and not the team.

He doesn’t want to be here and he’s therefore not part of the future. Why continue to use him? Let’s see what Watson has. 

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Also, hopefully Jackson’s conduct yesterday after the game finally rids the rest of this fan base of the notion that he is a team player. 

The “Fitz should start” chat was all about him and not the team.

He doesn’t want to be here and he’s therefore not part of the future. Why continue to use him? Let’s see what Watson has. 

O.o  whatson?

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

O.o  whatson?

Watson doesn’t get reps because he’s buried in the depth chart, which is fair enough because he’s a late round rookie. He’s a good athlete and could be a contributor, but won’t get reps with 4 guys ahead of him.

Jackson doesn’t want to be here and I doubt very much he’s on the roster by the start of the new league year, so why continue with him getting significant reps? Start Evans and Godwin, use Humph as the #3 and increase Watson’s workload as the #4.

The Matt Bryant Curse began when Bryant injured his hamstring and Dom decided to cut ties permanently.  The irony is Santos has been injury prone over the last 2 seasons relegating him to a fill in just like Bryant before the Bucs.  Bryant was cut like 5 times before joining the Bucs.  Oh the irony.  🀔

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

The Matt Bryant Curse began when Bryant injured his hamstring and Dom decided to cut ties permanently.  The irony is Santos has been injury prone over the last 2 seasons relegating him to a fill in just like Bryant before the Bucs.  Bryant was cut like 5 times before joining the Bucs.  Oh the irony.  🀔

We finally have a kicker. He just needs to stay healthy. Santos is accurate and is doing well on kick offs. 

Archived